6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

EDGE Insight CTS alert settings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
noimports
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EDGE Insight CTS alert settings?

So I bought an Insight CTS monitor, not a tuner, just a monitor.
I've been running it for about a month now and I really like it. I was wondering what parameters I should set my alerts for?

Engine coolant temp
Oil temp
Transmission fluid temp
EGT
Intake Air temp
Manifold ABS Pressure
Mass Air Flow
Boost
Voltage

Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 PM
LuckyDog1949
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm wondering, too. They come pre-set; but, I don't know if those settings are the best.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Ronin 5729
Senior User
I have the Edge CTS too; when it boots up it asks you what truck you have, so it may be using that as a basis upon which to base the parameters...

I haven't played with it much but I was pretty sure that you can't adjust the sweep/range of the gauge like you can with Spartan's DashDaq...if that's the case that kind of stinks, on an analog gauge 12 o'clock should be "normal". I know that's not the case with the tranny temp because when it's operating temp it's damn near 3/4 up the needle sweep. Right now I run boost, EGT and tranny as my primary with EOT and ECT as numbers only...still playing around with background, colors, etc. but I'm really diggin' it for the most part...

Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
noimports
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin 5729
I have the Edge CTS too; when it boots up it asks you what truck you have, so it may be using that as a basis upon which to base the parameters...

I haven't played with it much but I was pretty sure that you can't adjust the sweep/range of the gauge like you can with Spartan's DashDaq...if that's the case that kind of stinks, on an analog gauge 12 o'clock should be "normal". I know that's not the case with the tranny temp because when it's operating temp it's damn near 3/4 up the needle sweep. Right now I run boost, EGT and tranny as my primary with EOT and ECT as numbers only...still playing around with background, colors, etc. but I'm really diggin' it for the most part...
On the five gauge analog display I run the same except I display voltage instead of boost. I figure I have a boost gauge but not voltage and my truck is stock anyway. I also like how it shows the regens and the video in feature for a backup camera.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Ronin 5729
Senior User
Originally Posted by noimports
On the five gauge analog display I run the same except I display voltage instead of boost. I figure I have a boost gauge but not voltage and my truck is stock anyway. I also like how it shows the regens and the video in feature for a backup camera.
Cool...the stock boost gauge is just a step above an "idiot light" and since I'm DPF deleted and tuned I definitely like seeing exactly where it's at. I'm gonna use the camera input for a front camera since I can constantly monitor the Synch's rear view camera whenever I want with my PAC adapter!

Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

I've got one as well, nice little setup. I wish it could cover more parameters, similar to the dashdaq. I emailed Edge about it, they are working/testing but don't know when it'll be done and available for us to use.... I didn't know it would be that hard to display a number?? All the info is already there and available from the truck, just make the silly piece of wires and circuitry display it. I would like to add the backup camera to it, that would be handy.

As for numbers, a few of them I don't know what they trucks are tolerant too, like EGTs, I'm used to my old 7.3L. From what I've seen, the factory preset alarms seem to be plenty close to where they should be, I probably wouldn't worry too much about changing them.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 AM
LuckyDog1949
Junior User
Originally Posted by farmb0y
I've got one as well, nice little setup. I wish it could cover more parameters, similar to the dashdaq. I emailed Edge about it, they are working/testing but don't know when it'll be done and available for us to use.... I didn't know it would be that hard to display a number?? All the info is already there and available from the truck, just make the silly piece of wires and circuitry display it. I would like to add the backup camera to it, that would be handy.

As for numbers, a few of them I don't know what they trucks are tolerant too, like EGTs, I'm used to my old 7.3L. From what I've seen, the factory preset alarms seem to be plenty close to where they should be, I probably wouldn't worry too much about changing them.
I'd like to be able to monitor fuel pressure. I think I might have been better off with a Dashdaq. Now, I monitor EOT, ECT, EGT, trans temp, and DPF on/off. The latest reflash shortened the "cleaning exhaust" display so much that I really never know when I should keep going to prevent any more fuel from going into the crankcase!

Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 AM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Maybe if enough people start emailing Edge to get more info up, especially when a number of other products can offer and display that info, they might finally get it done.? I was going to email them again, just for the fun of it, keep doing it until the give me the info I want.

I looked at the Dashdaq for just monitoring, but they are $500+, they do offer a lot of info, and I might have gone that way if I would have known the Edge offered so little of info in comparison, but I don't know if its worth 2x the money.