Modular V10 (6.8l)  

What Do You Want For Your V10?(SC,Turbo, H/C/I)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Ron_Manjenkins
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ironhand03
It would depend on the truck. I would look at spots behind the bumper and where the existing air filter sits.
I've seen them where the stock filter sits but I'm not sure if how it's fed from both exhaust manifolds

Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 AM
kas83
Senior User
00 PI for me. Cams, in addition to the Banks longtubes, should really wake it up, right?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ron_Manjenkins
I've seen them where the stock filter sits but I'm not sure if how it's fed from both exhaust manifolds
The cheapest way would be to flip the manifolds around and connect both pipes into one, then feed it into the turbo flange. But that depends on how much space you have and the A/C gets in the way on the passenger side.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kas83
00 PI for me. Cams, in addition to the Banks longtubes, should really wake it up, right?
Oh yeah. Should make it a whole new truck.

Again it depends on how aggressive you get with the cam profile and where you want the power the most. Off idle and down low torque can be given up alittle bit to give you more power alittle higher up in the RPM band. It just depends on where you want the power.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Ron_Manjenkins
Senior User
The cheapest way would be to flip the manifolds around and connect both pipes into one, then feed it into the turbo flange. But that depends on how much space you have and the A/C gets in the way on the passenger side.
Got me thinking on the drive to work lol. You could butcher a set of eBay headers so you can get the flanges flipped the right way. Then somehow run the down pipe back to the exhaust from the front

Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Got me thinking on the drive to work lol. You could butcher a set of eBay headers so you can get the flanges flipped the right way. Then somehow run the down pipe back to the exhaust from the front
You could do that. Or just flip the headers from side to side and spin them around. That would make both manifold exits pointing up and to the front. Also, the cast iron manifolds hold heat better and help to spool the turbo(s).

Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Ron_Manjenkins
Senior User
You could do that. Or just flip the headers from side to side and spin them around. That would make both manifold exits pointing up and to the front. Also, the cast iron manifolds hold heat better and help to spool the turbo(s).
Hmm didn't know you could flip them. What's throwing me a curve ball is getting the passenger side over to the slug in the air box location

Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Hmm didn't know you could flip them. What's throwing me a curve ball is getting the passenger side over to the slug in the air box location
You should be able too. Atleast you can on the V8s.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM
kas83
Senior User
Idle to 4000 is all I'll ever need with this truck. It hardly sees over 3250 as is, so I definitely don't need a bunch of topend. Just a nice daily driver that has some grunt around town and pulling a load.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kas83
Idle to 4000 is all I'll ever need with this truck. It hardly sees over 3250 as is, so I definitely don't need a bunch of topend. Just a nice daily driver that has some grunt around town and pulling a load.
Thats not to hard to arrange.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM
IronRodeo
New User
I just picked up a '00 F-250 4x4. I'm getting kinda bothered that there is very little to choose from in the way of V-10 performance. there's even less than there was 5 years ago when I had my first V-10. I am especially looking for a twin screw, with all the tuning stuff that it would require to run. I have my doubts with the centrifugal SC's I'm sure they work, but not as good as a true blower. I'm surely interested in becoming a customer.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by IronRodeo
I just picked up a '00 F-250 4x4. I'm getting kinda bothered that there is very little to choose from in the way of V-10 performance. there's even less than there was 5 years ago when I had my first V-10. I am especially looking for a twin screw, with all the tuning stuff that it would require to run. I have my doubts with the centrifugal SC's I'm sure they work, but not as good as a true blower. I'm surely interested in becoming a customer.
Since I am not a vendor here, I didnt make this thread to get business.

I made this thread to see what people wanted and to see if I can fill that void if I got a good response. I like to do things that people said cant be done or that is difficult to do. I like to work with prototypes or production prototypes.

I had someone ask me if I could do some custom 2 valve cams for his V10 and I figured I'd take on the challenge. After about a week I finally was able to tell him that it can be done and he was able to get what HE wanted for his truck.

I am also working on cams for the 3V crowd but thats not easy by any means. But I am working in that direction to make sure that those options are out there for the V10 crowd.

That is basically what I do. For ever 20-30 people that said no, I might have had one that said maybe. lol

I'd be glad to help you in any way if you need someone to bounce ideas off of at any time. The best way to get a twin screw on a PI 2 valve is to grab all the lightning parts and bolt them on the front of the engine. Then grab two lightning lowers, cut them up and weld them back together. After that, slide on a Whipple from a Lightning and you will have a Twin Screw V10. The only problems with that is the cost of some of the parts and the hassle of trying to track down some of the harder to find stuff.

That is why I have looked at several options and non of them are easy nor cheap. Yet one more reason why I dont have a solution that is economical for this particular application. However with that said, I am working on it and Im tracking down a few options that will work, it just takes time.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
IronRodeo
New User
I understand what you're saying about taking two lightning manifolds to make one. But what about a tuner? How would that work on this system?

Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by IronRodeo
I understand what you're saying about taking two lightning manifolds to make one. But what about a tuner? How would that work on this system?
A custom tune with a handheld(I use SCT) would work perfectly.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
topscrt
Senior User
that's what i did. i'm right now getting the crank balanced. i bought manely H beams. and then i have a ron francis wiring kit. No emisson stuff since i'm putting it into a 66 ford f100

when i get it someone running i can get it tuned

Quick Reply: What Do You Want For Your V10?(SC,Turbo, H/C/I)