Sponsored by: Moser

Newby with 11' Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Hydrilla Gear
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newby with 11' Harley Davidson

Just wanted to share with you guys being a newby and all..

I have to say.. I have been a ford owner my entire life.. Have owned a few of them to say the least... Figured this time around I was going to make a change...boy was a wrong..lol

Drove everthing I had intrest in..
1) GMC 1500
2) GMC Denali
3) Chevy 1500
4) Dodge 1500
5) Ranger Rover Sport S/C (2010)
6) Cadillac Escalade
7) Cadillac Escalade Ext...

Was just about to jump into the EXT and after the dealer tried to play the number game with my trade in I got fed up and went to the Ford dealer... Told myself to just see what they had to offer. I had heard good things but wanted change so ignored the talk...

All I have to say is WOW... Ford has done it right and of the other vehicals I drove it is hands down the nicest vehical I was in and at the best price...

I drove the Eco boost and then the Harley Davidson... Left with HD.. Simply awesome... These trucks have so many options and ride so smooth its unreal.. Saved a bunch of money and could not be happier... Looks Like I am going to continue to be a Ford owner

Old 06-28-2011, 01:29 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on the new acquisition.
So with the Harley, safe to assume you got the 6.2L?

Any pics? You know the guys here are going to get on you about it "not happening" if you don't have pics

Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrads and good luck! Welcome to the best Ford truck forum. And Brad- GOTCHA!!! lol

Old 06-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Hydrilla Gear
New User
Lol.. I should have seen this coming..lol. yes sir. 6.2. And I love it.!! Great power so far and great mpg in my opinion for such a large heart. Pics to come!!

Could not help myself.. HID's in route along with Navi bypass.. currently researching tune and air intake and that's all I think she needs until I need new rubber...

Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Hydrilla Gear
New User
Quick pic and a bad one at that but you guys get the gist...

Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Awwww snap! She's a beauty! Fronts tinted already?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Wow, pretty truck! Love the wheels, especially.

I'm not one for body striping (had the dealer remove the pinstripe on my '06), so the orange is a bit out of place to my eyes. Otherwise, that's one nice beast!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Hydrilla Gear
New User
McDavis, I totally agree on the decals.. Not a huge fan.. I owned an 06 HD and pulled the orange ones off in the Ford Parking lot as soon as i signed the papers..LOL

I do plan to pull these as well. I went to do it last night and my 4 year old son said NO DADDY!! I like those stickers!!! SOOOO as you see they will remain for a few weeks...lol

My son tells all his friends at summer camp that the truck is magic.. She talks and has steps that magically go up and down... I asked him why he thinks its a girl... He said because she (Navi) sounds like a girl...LMAO.. Such a wise young man

Yes windows have been tinted and RollNLock installed.. Have a few more things to do to it in the next 3 weeks.. Will post pics soon!

Thanks guys!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Great looking ride sir! My local dealer has one identical to it. I think the MSRP is north of 52K.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:58 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
What % are your fronts tinted to? Still thinking of having mine done. VA law allows 35% on the fronts.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Mine are at 20% and his looks darker than that. I would expect 5% since he lives in Florida?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot

The guys at the shop where I inquired said that the factory backs are 20%, but I'm not 100% sure they're correct. They don't appear to be that dark.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:15 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
The 20% on my fronts appear to be the same shade as the back, from the outside looking in. However, the factory tint has zero UV reflection, and the windows from inside the truck appear to be 2 different shades- with the fronts being darker. My tint guy proposed I get the rear sides done even like a 50% or higher just so it reflects the UV. I will do that eventually, just don't have a "C-note" to spare at the moment.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:00 AM
RISUPERCREWMAN
Senior User
Yeah I'd peel off those hideous stickers too!!! Super Nice Truck! Enjoy!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Hydrilla Gear
New User
Front tint.. I am unsure what % it is at this time. I will know tomorrow when I head over to my buddies shop for some other goodies and to get the front windshield tinted...

This is the deal.. My cousin works at Maroone Ford (finance). When I decided to go back to Ford I called him and said find me an FX series with Eco Boost OR an HD to test drive.. 10 mins later he called back and told me he had an Eco on the lot but no HD. He also informed me that due to the Tsunami in china ford would not have access to Tuxedo Black OR navigation units which has slowed production... According to him Ford has no release dates... So he said IF I was interested in a HD I would have to find one sitting on a lot... Quick Google search and I was on my way to another dealer.. I walked onto the lot and asked for sales manager.. Told him I wanted to drive fully loaded Eco and then I poiinted to the HD sitting right in front... Sales manager reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys and handed them to me.. Told me the HD was his personal truck and if I wanted it he would make the numbers work for me... longer story short I left with this truck. Windows were already tinted. I got RollNLock and the truck had 3000 miles on it. I got Ford Rebate and some deeper discounts for it carryinging 3K miles... Could not be happier... The sales manager also confirmed the issue with Tuxedo Black and Navi... He said that they will take orders for new trucks in Tuxedo or with Navi but tell the owners they will call them when its ready.. No ETA.... Being that all HD's come with Navi I was told this may slow production of the HD OR you will have to order with no Navi... I dunno...

Quick Reply: Newby with 11' Harley Davidson