It seems everyone and his brother has a project thread going for their rig, so I might as well start one! My money pit is a 1973 Ford F250 Camper Special, with the 390.
Here's my truck pretty much as I found him:
At the time I took those pictures all I'd done was had the oil and fluids changed, the suspension greased and added those side boards.
It quickly became apparent Piledriver was going to be a big project! No rear brakes (the brake line was rusted in half), frozen parking brake, 12 inches of play in the steering, a very tired motor with a ton of wore out parts on it. and some very bad, bald and dry-rotted tires.
The Piledriver (as I've named him) has changed quite a bit since then, I've fix and added an awful lot of stuff. I added a spotlight, big mudflaps, a new transmission, and a bunch of other stuff. Of course I fixed the brakes and all that first! That stuff passing for rubber that was wrapped around my rims got replaced too. So far I've replaced or majorly serviced every component on the engine except the long block itself. I swapped out the c6 auto for a 4spd manual, had the drive-shaft completely re-built, and too much other stuff to list.
As he sits today:
All along my goal has been to build this old beater into a mountain truck, a hardy logging road firewood hauler. It did that pretty well for a lot of years, but the years have taken their toll. So now that I have my hands on him, I have plans for a new motor, a bunch more work elsewhere on him, and a few more little accessories, like more lights!