2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlock all at once

Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
08REDXLT
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlock all at once

Anybody reprogram their remotes to unlock all the doors with 1 press? I cant stand hitting the remote twice for all the doors..

I reprogrammed my Jeep to do this but I can figure out how the sequence that works for the Truck

Anybody ??

Thanks,
J

Old 06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
n5926g
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not sure you can.Its never been an issue for me.First press is of course drivers door,second is all the rest.I feel like this was a "security" feature by the OEM folks. I have an 07 F-150,98 Honda CR-V,and an 02 Impala....all same-same.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Gparcels
Senior User
I don't think you can either. I've had quite a few Fords, cars and trucks and have never found a way. Please let us know if you do.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Greg B
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This feature is programmed in at the factory. To the best of my knowledge it can't be changed. You could always hit the unlock button after you get in to unlock all doors. I've done that before. But the double hit on the remote unlock button has never been a problem for me. I'm old and can still do it.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:40 PM
AlbusPlaustrum06
Senior User
Aftermarket alarm systems will get you what you want. My wife's Alltima is like that but my truck unlocks both doors.

I do like on my truck that the doors auto lock as well where hers doesn't.

I wish my concerns have been whittled down to being upset about having to press a remote twice to unlock the passenger door.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
It's available on the 09-11s, but nothing earlier. Time for a new truck!

Two step door unlocking
1. Press and release to unlock the driver’s door. Note: The interior lamps will illuminate if the control on the overhead lamp is not set to the off position.
2. Press and release again within three seconds to unlock the passenger doors and the rear doors. The battery saver feature will turn off the interior lamps 10 minutes after the ignition is turned to the off position.

One step door unlocking
If the one step door unlocking feature is activated, press and release once to unlock the passenger doors and the rear doors. Note: The interior lamps will illuminate (refer to the Illuminated entry feature later in this section), if the control on the overhead lamp is not set to the off position.

Switching from two step to one step door unlocking
Your vehicle comes with two step unlocking enabled. Unlocking can be switched between two step and one step door unlocking by pressing and holding both the and buttons simultaneously on the remote entry transmitter for approximately four seconds and release. The turn lamps will flash twice to indicate that the vehicle has switched to one step unlocking. Repeat the procedure to switch back to two-step unlocking.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
08REDXLT
New User
Originally Posted by shotgunz
It's available on the 09-11s, but nothing earlier. Time for a new truck!

Two step door unlocking
1. Press and release to unlock the driver’s door. Note: The interior lamps will illuminate if the control on the overhead lamp is not set to the off position.
2. Press and release again within three seconds to unlock the passenger doors and the rear doors. The battery saver feature will turn off the interior lamps 10 minutes after the ignition is turned to the off position.

One step door unlocking
If the one step door unlocking feature is activated, press and release once to unlock the passenger doors and the rear doors. Note: The interior lamps will illuminate (refer to the Illuminated entry feature later in this section), if the control on the overhead lamp is not set to the off position.

Switching from two step to one step door unlocking
Your vehicle comes with two step unlocking enabled. Unlocking can be switched between two step and one step door unlocking by pressing and holding both the and buttons simultaneously on the remote entry transmitter for approximately four seconds and release. The turn lamps will flash twice to indicate that the vehicle has switched to one step unlocking. Repeat the procedure to switch back to two-step unlocking.

Well... I figured I'd wing it and went with shotgunz directions for being a 09/08 build, ford must have started using newer locks like they have in the '09's to presant IT WORKED!!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Daves94vert
Junior User
works for my 07'

Old 06-08-2011, 05:59 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Well heck - learned something new today.

There might be other available features in the earlier models...

You can download manuals at: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 AM
hcbph
Senior User
Remote

I have a 07 Scab with 'Remote Keyless Entry' (per the window sticker) and my remote has always opened both doors with 1 press of the button. Might be model specific (like SCrew vs SCab or reg cab). Bought it used so maybe something was done before I got the truck, but if so I have no idea what it was.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 PM
reamer
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Geez.... whining about having to push a button twice to open the doors. Would you be able to survive if you had to deal with manual locking hubs and a transfer case shifter on top of a 4 speed, while using a manual steering and no AC (a real truck)?
please.....

Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
WOW Ron, you having a bad day or what?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
reamer
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
no, not really, just rememberin the good ol days when you worried about stripping gears in the woods or "how do I get out of 3 feet of mud" and actually having to turn the key in the door to open (only 1 door) verses the "problem" of straining your finger muscle by pushing a buton twice.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 PM
08REDXLT
New User
next......

Old 06-12-2011, 01:32 PM
tozir
Junior User
it worked for me, thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Unlock all at once