New Unibody Sub-Forum - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

New Unibody Sub-Forum

Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Thumbs up New Unibody Sub-Forum

If you haven't noticed.......We have a new sub-forum for Unibody trucks!

It's right at the top of this forum. Linky: 1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Thanks to Admin (FTE Tim...) and other Mods we now have a special place for the very unique 61-63 Unibody trucks!

Enjoy!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 PM
lvin4jc
Posting Guru
lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How does this work,? Are the threads started in the unibody sub forum also in the main '61-'66 forum so the unibody section is a collection of threads that pertain to the unibody's or is it what happens in the unibody forum stays in the unibody forum? There aren't a lot of threads about '62's like mine already and I don't want to miss a post about drivetrain, interior, suspension, front sheet metal, brakes, wheels/tires, wiring etc. that would apply to my truck just because I didn't check the unibody forum because I don't have one.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
The New Unibody forum is a stand alone forum that is part of the 61-66 forum. All posts about Uni's will be put there. You will still be able to use the search feature in that forum just like before. It just makes it easier for Uni owners to find what they need.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 PM
lvin4jc
Posting Guru
lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ok, well I was just a little confused. I peeked over there and saw that I started two threads that are on the first page and they aren't about unibody's they just contain the word unibody somewhere in them. So I don't know if every thread with the word unibody will be moved over there or if that was a one time thing. I guess i'll check them both now to make sure i'm not missing useful information.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I moved a lot of threads over there and some got moved by mistake. I'm going through them and moving the one's that don't pertain to just the Uni's, but it may take a few days since I have to go through them one at a time.......If you post the links to the threads your talking about I'll move them back right away.
Don.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:17 PM
lvin4jc
Posting Guru
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Done! And thank you. You saved me some time......
Don.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:52 PM
stumpy0227
New User
stumpy0227 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok guys! im totally new at this forum stuff, but im looking for some advice, and a lil knowhow to work on my new 61 shortbed unibody i bought! im wantin to drop this body on a newer frame, keep it ALL ford, and put a wicked 460 punched out to 500 cubic inches in it i got ahold of thru some lucky tradin! any help would be awesome!!!!!

Old 06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
garbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to all
Bad Idea.......

Garbz

Old 06-07-2011, 01:53 PM
stumpy0227
New User
stumpy0227 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok garbz, that really helps, thanks...............

Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
garbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to all
What is the use of consistently duplicating and duplicating answers to questions in a seperate forum for the same basic truck?

All that differs from a standard 88 body is the rear floor stamping, rear cab panel, bed sides, floor and tail gate.. It is still a F series truck with 99 percent of the same parts.

Stumpy, Your question needs to be posted in the actual forum of which this is not. This is the announcment thread from admin.

Repost it in there with a new thread and get some advice.

Garbz

Last edited by garbz2; 06-07-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Alwas spell from wrong!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by stumpy0227 View Post
ok garbz, that really helps, thanks...............

Stumpy

Repost in the correct forum and start a new thread. You will ge the ansewers there

Garbz

Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 AM
jethroc
New User
jethroc is starting off with a positive reputation.
1961 unibody

I purchased a 1961 SWB unibody, I would like to install some 5 on 41/2 disc brakes that I have off of Fairlane. What hubs will interchange with the 61 unibody if any? Thanks

Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
I'm not an admin, but having owned one of these unibody's, an answer to your question below more easily occurs to me:

Originally Posted by garbz2 View Post
"What is the use of consistently duplicating and duplicating answers to questions in a seperate forum for the same basic truck? All that differs from a standard 88 body is the rear floor stamping, rear cab panel, bed sides, floor and tail gate.. It is still a F series truck with 99 percent of the same parts."Garbz
I think it is precisely because of those body parts that differ... the connection between cab and bed, and the issues of bed to cab corrossion, body twist and integrity, limitations when restoring as an off road vehicle, etc... as well as the uniqueness of the body from an amatuer collectors point of view, that a sub community of like minded and similarly situated enthusiasts is warranted.

Keep in mind, that the posts and threads on automotive forums enure to the benefit of all for many years beyond the interests of the individual participants and their contemporaneous contributions. So having gathered and raked all of the unique issues related to the unibody provides a body of posts that restorative enthusiasts may find conveniently accessible and useful 20 years from now.

I know I sure would have appreciated having a unibody forum back in the days when I owned my 1962 long bed F-100. It was my very first Ford truck. It was, in fact, the first vehicle I had ever bought. I was still in high school, saw it sitting in the front of a field on a two lane road, all gleaming red and white. It was a 3 speed on the column, drop center I beam axle... and completely unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase: a unibody.

I had no idea of the ramifications of having a unibody truck. Of course, now I know why that trend in slick sixties design did not endure for practical reasons. I put the truck to work at my job on a trail horse ranch... not too successfully, I might add. Like I said, I'd have appreciated having a forum that I could turn to for tips. But I didn't have internet access back those days. Neither did the rest of the entire world.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:39 PM
1972RedNeck
Postmaster
1972RedNeck has a good reputation on FTE.1972RedNeck has a good reputation on FTE.
I thought those trucks were "unit"bodies?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Unibody Sub-Forum

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.