1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody 1961, 1962 and 1963 Ford F100 Unibody trucks

First Post!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 PM
jasch
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1961 to 1963 F100 Unibody Forum

I am very new to this forum since I just purchased my 62 about a month ago. My husband was very supportive with me buying my first older vehicle. We both are very excited about the purchase of the truck. My husband and I just returned home from the Shades of The Past show in Pigeon Forge TN. We found two 62s at the show and questioned both owners about various things on the unibody. They were a wealth of information, however, we have many more things to learn about the unibody line. We are glad to see this forum here and look forward to finding out more information, plus sharing what little we know.
Thank you in advance for everyone's help.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:20 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Welcome aboard.
That thing is looking pretty righteous already.
Why don't you start a thread and tell us about it as well as document what you are doing to it.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:26 PM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE, Jasch!! Nice truck!!! I love shortbed uni's! It's cool that you have your hubby's support - it's usually the other way around, the guy hoping the wife will get on board with the old car thing......Love it!

Looking forward to more pics and details.

Randy

Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 PM
jasch
New User
Originally Posted by turbohunter
Welcome aboard.
That thing is looking pretty righteous already.
Why don't you start a thread and tell us about it as well as document what you are doing to it.
Thank you for the nice words. I never thought about doing a thread or show the documentation of what we are doing or plan to do in the future.

I am a photographer & writer. I did automotive freelance Journalism for many major magazines along with my husband for over 20+ years. My husband and I currently have our own magazine geared to Ladies in the Automotive Industry. I will be posting things that I am doing on the truck in my magazine. You can look at my profile to find out the specifics. I can also do some threads on here as well.

I plan to use the truck as my rolling bill board for the magazine. For what I intend to do to the truck in the future is endless...imagine that! For starters I am keeping it simple: (All of which I need to find out where to purchase some of these items...)

Side Mirrors
Seat belts
Turn Signals
Dual Master Cylinder w/Booster
Door Locks (Doors currently lock, however, no key cylinder to unlock them)
Sun Visors
Power Steering
Wanting to change out the 3 speed for a Tremec T5 Tranny
Bed Topper (Foldable)
etc...

Yes, everyone is asking will she be the one to do the work...You bet I plan on doing as much as possible. I have some great guys at a local shop as well as my husband that intend to help teach me. I am just one Tom Boy at heart. Growing up with 6 brothers plus 2 sisters you can soon see has made me this way. I love the automotive industry. Thanks to my husband who introduced me to all this on our first date. He claims he made a monster out of me...He, He, yes I have to confess he has! I am proud of being a gear head!

I am not sure how to start my own thread, however, I am a computer geek/graphic designer so I guess I will figure it out how to post my own thread.

Talk to you later!

Julie

Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM
jasch
New User
Originally Posted by 37 Ford guy
Welcome to FTE, Jasch!! Nice truck!!! I love shortbed uni's! It's cool that you have your hubby's support - it's usually the other way around, the guy hoping the wife will get on board with the old car thing......Love it!

Looking forward to more pics and details.

Randy
Randy,

Yes, it is cool that my husband supports me. We also have a 66 Chevy Wagon with a BB 427. We also have a 69 Chevy Camaro Z28 that needs to be completely restored. We have always been Chevy owners. So, this is the first Ford for both of us. I have been excited for my husband for the last 28 years. It is kind of weird that the tables are reversed. I am unsure how to feel about all of this support. There is one thing for sure I am very excited to own my 62 Ford Unibody and can't wait to do just the little things to the truck for right now with my husband right along beside me.

Julie

Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jasch
My husband and I currently have our own magazine geared to Ladies in the Automotive Industry. I will be posting things that I am doing on the truck in my magazine. You can look at my profile to find out the specifics.

Julie
Great
Just so you know you're not alone out there.
This is my wife's grocery getter/nursery visiting truck.
Doesn't get much better than chicks in old trucks.
Good luck with your mag and your truck.

Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2013, 04:55 PM
jasch
New User
Marc,

Your wife has a beautiful truck...what a cool grocery getter. Life doesn't get any better then a cool truck.

Julia

Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Jason-W
New User
I am new to the forum. I have always been a truck guy. I have picked up a 1962 short bed F100 unibody from a friend of mines buddy. I have been reading a lot on here and have found a lot of great threads. I am still trying to figure out what differences there are frame wise from my short bed uni to a regular truck.

Last edited by Jason-W; 01-22-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Jason-W
I am new to the forum. I have always been a truck guy. I have picked up a 1962 short bed F100 unibody from a friend of mines buddy. I have been reading a lot on here and have found a lot of great threads. I am still trying to figure out what differences there are frame wise from my short bed uni to a regular truck.
Hey Jason, welcome to FTE! I love shortbed unis! I tried to buy a '62 a few years ago before I got my '66 but we couldn't agree on price. Oh well.

The frames on the F100's are basically the same for uni's & regular trucks. It's just that the bed was joined to the cab on the 61-63 unibody. The 61-64 trucks all had straight front axles and '65 was the beginning of the twin-i-beam suspension.
What are you plans for your truck? Be sure & post up some pics. We love pics! There's lots of good info and helpful people here, too.
Randy

Old 01-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Jason-W
New User
Thanks for the info Randy. I plan to post up pics when I start on it. I am planning on doing a Crown Vic front on it, change the rear axle to a 8.8 and plans for motor are still up in the air. I have some body work to do to it. I plan on changing the front end as it currently has the fenders cut with the front end set up as a tilt setup. Thankfully my buddy knows of an old junkyard where I can get some parts at. Are the Bolts holes for the mounts the same for the uni and regular models?

Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Jason-W
Thanks for the info Randy. I plan to post up pics when I start on it. I am planning on doing a Crown Vic front on it, change the rear axle to a 8.8 and plans for motor are still up in the air. I have some body work to do to it. I plan on changing the front end as it currently has the fenders cut with the front end set up as a tilt setup. Thankfully my buddy knows of an old junkyard where I can get some parts at. Are the Bolts holes for the mounts the same for the uni and regular models?
I'm pretty sure the fender mounts and front cab mounts are the same but not sure about the rear cab mounts. They might be a little different on the uni. Hoods & fenders should interchange thru '64 for sure and probably thru '66. You can use the search function and find a lot of info about it. Sometimes people don't respond as quickly in the Uni Section as the regular 61-66 section, but eventually they will. Some of your questions you can post down there, too.

Which 8.8 are you going to use? Some people think the '03 & later CV rear is too wide if you want and deep dish on the rear wheels. I've heard the 90's thru 02 works pretty good tho.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Jason-W
New User
Originally Posted by 37 Ford guy
I'm pretty sure the fender mounts and front cab mounts are the same but not sure about the rear cab mounts. They might be a little different on the uni. Hoods & fenders should interchange thru '64 for sure and probably thru '66. You can use the search function and find a lot of info about it. Sometimes people don't respond as quickly in the Uni Section as the regular 61-66 section, but eventually they will. Some of your questions you can post down there, too.

Which 8.8 are you going to use? Some people think the '03 & later CV rear is too wide if you want and deep dish on the rear wheels. I've heard the 90's thru 02 works pretty good tho.
I was planning on using a 99-02. Thanks for the heads up. I have been using the search feature a lot. It sucks getting flamed being new on any board being a newbie to it.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 PM
Zooker89
New User
Hello all!
I am the new owner of a 61 unibody and I can't wait to jump in here and learn as much as I can about these trucks. Here is a picture of my ride:

Old 10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
62unibody
New User
y blocks are cool !!!!!

Old 02-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Sherrie62F100
New User
My baby :)

Quick Reply: First Post!