Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

panhandlers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 06:56 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
panhandlers!

I'm lookin' for a map right now. Is there any kind of fee?

Old 04-22-2003, 07:45 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
panhandlers!

The Texas Panhandle Mustang Club is the sponsoring organization. The entry fee is reasonable, but I don't remember what it is. There are all levels of cars at the show. They do door prizes and all that. It has been held on John Chandler Ford's west lot in years past so I assume it wil be again. There are several fast food places nearby as well as a Sam's across the street. I usually park my trailer at Sam's and unload there as it is less congested. It seems like there are more and more pickups showing up at the show and the quality is improving. It might be a good place to meet up with some of you other FTE guys and gals.

Old 04-30-2003, 09:19 PM
41Clay
Elder User
panhandlers!

Ok, I called the chairman of the show, Bill Howell, and he said that the fee is $20, and the time is from 8am-3pm. There is usually about 100 cars each year. He's also sending me some entry forms for the show so I guess if you pm me your adress I'll send one or two to you when I get home to them next week. He said something about ice cream on Friday, but the show is on Saturday August 2nd. Door prizes, plaques, and I think he said a cruize later that night.

Nomad, I've lived in Pampa most of my life.

So I'm guessing that this is a go for everyone? I guess the next thing we need to do is figure out how we want to meet up.

Clayton

Old 04-30-2003, 09:29 PM
bentkey
Senior User
panhandlers!

How far is it from Lubbock to wherever this is? I would like to attend if not too far

Old 04-30-2003, 09:53 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
panhandlers!

I don't know where you are in Lubbock but take the loop around to the I 27 north exit, go north until you get to Amarillo, take I 40 east to the Ross exit, When you get to the stop light on Ross, go right and get in the left lane, turn into the parking lot, John Chandler Ford, big signs. It's about 100 miles.

Clayton, I'm about 50 mi north of you, ate dinner in Pampa today.

It's always hot in Amarillo in August but the show is pretty good. There are always cold drinks available and there are some fast food shops across the street. Wendys, Taco Bell and others. They have some good door prizes and usually a raffle, or two, to help raise a little money to support the show. There is usually a little bit of swap meet stuff, too.

I don't know what I'll be bringing at this point, August is a long time away. Will probably depend on available drivers. Look for an old guy wearing a white pith helmet.

Old 05-01-2003, 06:40 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
panhandlers!

Keep me in mind when you get things going. Midland is a long way from Lubbock in my '54... Amarillo is just about beyond a reasonable limit for the old truck. It is awful hot just about August and I go back to work Aug 12th. If I can whip the truck into shape for a road trip, I'm there. Lubbock. If wife lets me buy her a classic ride this summer we may well end up in Amarillo, Denver City or wherever. I would rather go to a car show than a Mustang event. Don't like them. Had a 'vette in the mid sixties. So shoot me. Any how... red truck and self and maybe wife are down. Do I send my e-mail to you Connie?
Best. Himmelberg

Old 05-01-2003, 08:45 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

panhandlers!

Ok ... Jimmy, Amarillo is about 150 miles north of Lubbock. I'm only 30 miles west of Lubbock and it would be a ten hour drive for me to get to where you are. I imagine Amarillo's a little longer than that even if you did cut through Oklahoma to get there but I don't know.

Himmelburg, I haven't received anyone's email address as of yet. I know it's not hard to contact people thru FTE but I just figured if the people who were interested wanted to start a list, it'd be easy to keep track of for whoever wanted to do it.

If anyone is interested in starting an email list, or being on an email list, I'm willing to put it all together but I need people to email me with addresses they want put on there. It's best the email me at first, thru FTE because I will definantly recognize it if it's thru FTE and will open it. Or you can PM me thru FTE and I will check that too. Also, if you wouldn't mind including generally where you are located, that would help us keep track of where everyone's coming from and what the most central location is.

I'm not to far from Lubbock and Nomad's in Lubbock so we can keep our ears open for anything big that comes up here. If no one hears about anything else sooner, I guess August in Amarillo will be the first.

Amarillo in August is a go for me so long as I don't have to dip into my apartment deposit to do it and the truck is still runnin' good then. She's not show material at all. For people who just want to look instead of enter something into the show, what is the deal for them because I'm thinkin' that's my category.

So how many confirmed do we have for Amarillo August 2nd? 66ranger, 41clay, me, &??

Old 05-01-2003, 09:07 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
panhandlers!

The show is free to the public. It cost 20 bucks to enter your vehicle.

Jimmy, I thought you were in Lubbock, sorry about that. It is a long ways from east Texas to go for a one day show.

Old 05-02-2003, 04:24 PM
41Clay
Elder User
panhandlers!

I may not put my truck in the show either. But then agian, if they have a "worse ride" award I may.

Now, if your going to come Himmelburg I guess it'll be a good idea to look for something in and around Lubbock so it'd be closer to the center of everyone. Know any good places/events around there?

I think we should kick off the email thing, so send your email adresses to Connie.

Clayton

Old 05-02-2003, 07:49 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
panhandlers!

There's a little car show in Wheeler tomorrow (saturday) 9 to 3. Wheeler is east of Pampa, north of Childress and Wellington. I'll be there with my 65 'stang. It's a maroon and white Shelby clone. Maybe we'll bump into someone there.

Old 05-02-2003, 09:40 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

panhandlers!

Well, I've got 1 email address for the mailing list.

I will definantly keep my ears open for something in Lubbock with that being sorta central for right now. I know there's a big show every so often around here.

I would definantly not be entering my truck in the show up there unless, by some miracle and the winning lottery ticket, I had been able to put enough money into it to get it up to par. I'll be one of the admirer's... LOL!

Ok so let's get the show on the road then I guess.

Old 05-03-2003, 08:21 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
panhandlers!

I went to the car show in Wheeler, today. Very few Ford trucks there, only 1, a 48-50 F-2 and it was rough. There was a 66 F-100 long bed for sale for $1000. Pretty good shape. I don't need it but I have the guys number. Do have pictures.

Old 06-24-2003, 09:04 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

panhandlers!

I still haven't come across anything in Lubbock but I've been kinda busy. I will definantly keep my eyes open though. So if nothing else comes up are we on for August the 2nd in Amarillo still? I guess if I don't get some kind of response then I probably won't go and just save my money for my apartment which is probably what I should do anyway. So what's up panhandlers???

Old 06-24-2003, 11:41 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
panhandlers!

I got word that the Lubbock Mustang Club is having a car show Aug. 23. I think they have a web page but I don't know the address. I can't make it as I am attending a car show in Gunnison, Co. that weekend.

Old 06-26-2003, 08:46 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

panhandlers!

Well I'll do some checking on that but a Mustang show doesn't do Ford truck lover's very much good right? I'll keep my ears peeled though.

Quick Reply: panhandlers!