2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 F150 spare tire & jack kit MADE MY OWN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 12:25 AM
Slicefixer
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the best things I've ever purchased.....

Especially if you're getting a bit older....😉. It's come in VERY handy on several occasions.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:43 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 224 Likes on 200 Posts
Lifting Height Range: 6.1 in. -17.7 in. (155mm-450mm)

Is that high enough to lift from the frame rail to get your tire off the ground? Since the heart of the design is a bottle jack cylinder and piston ram, I have no doubt that the device is capable of lifting the advertised 5 tons, or close to it.

I don't like how round axle tubes sit on that flat saddle. One of the reason which I do not like bottle jacks for emergency roadside lifting. For me, I would hesitate on using that jack to lift the rear wheels on an uneven grade, loose gravel, or soft soil. I reckon you could lift at the rear differential. I would rather not do that on the side of the road. The emergency parking brake is holding your rear wheels. The transmission in park is holding your rear wheels. As your rear tires leave the ground, what's holding your front wheels and preventing them from slipping and/or rolling? Roadside work can be very dangerous with vehicles going by, causing strong surface vibrations. The wake from a passing truck or bus may be enough to knock a vehicle off a jack which isn't stabilized or balanced. You will probably be okay with that under the lower control arm for an emergency tire change.

In a shop, or your garage at home, that little tool could be great. You could safely lift the rear end at the gear box if you have jack stands under the axle tubes. I am assuming that you will have the front wheels chocked, and that you lift an inch or 2 at a time, while moving the jack stand up another notch so that it is right under the axle tube. You could safely lift the front end under the lower control arm, if you have jack stands to support the truck at the front cross member and frame rail behind the front tire.

It's all about safety. Imagine the position you are in. You will be on your knees, with your arm extended under the truck to operate the switch. Where is your head? What happens when your lift point slips off the jack saddle? Jack piston ram is going straight up. Vehicle lift point is rising at an angle. Safety googles won't help when the truck falls on you.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:30 AM
Slicefixer
Freshman User
ALL I can say is this......

Originally Posted by Fifty150
Lifting Height Range: 6.1 in. -17.7 in. (155mm-450mm)

(Is that high enough to lift from the frame rail to get your tire off the ground?) Since the heart of the design is a bottle jack cylinder and piston ram, I have no doubt that the device is capable of lifting the advertised 5 tons, or close to it.

I don't like how round axle tubes sit on that flat saddle. One of the reason which I do not like bottle jacks for emergency roadside lifting. For me, I would hesitate on using that jack to lift the rear wheels on an uneven grade, loose gravel, or soft soil. I reckon you could lift at the rear differential. I would rather not do that on the side of the road. The emergency parking brake is holding your rear wheels. The transmission in park is holding your rear wheels. As your rear tires leave the ground, what's holding your front wheels and preventing them from slipping and/or rolling? Roadside work can be very dangerous with vehicles going by, causing strong surface vibrations. The wake from a passing truck or bus may be enough to knock a vehicle off a jack which isn't stabilized or balanced. You will probably be okay with that under the lower control arm for an emergency tire change.

In a shop, or your garage at home, that little tool could be great. You could safely lift the rear end at the gear box if you have jack stands under the axle tubes. I am assuming that you will have the front wheels chocked, and that you lift an inch or 2 at a time, while moving the jack stand up another notch so that it is right under the axle tube. You could safely lift the front end under the lower control arm, if you have jack stands to support the truck at the front cross member and frame rail behind the front tire.

It's all about safety. Imagine the position you are in. You will be on your knees, with your arm extended under the truck to operate the switch. Where is your head? What happens when your lift point slips off the jack saddle? Jack piston ram is going straight up. Vehicle lift point is rising at an angle. Safety googles won't help when the truck falls on you.
..... locate one and use it (you obviously haven't) then your post would have more merit ... If you've used one and then don't like it, fine.... You're VERY much entitled to YOUR opinion.....i certainly understand and agree with quite a bit of it......

However. since you've never used one your opinion has no validity to ME..... Therefore, I'm not going to bother going through your post line by line, but, I WILL if you like....

BTW, your arms are NOT underneath the vehicle as it's being lifted.... You don't lift via the differential....It will lift a leveled F-250 4x4 without an issue (heaviest I've used it on),....I have "camper chocks" to stabilize (personally, I think the wheels should be chocked no matter the implement used to lift)....I have a small army shovel to level uneven surfaces....I carry a small floor jack in my tool box (just in case) etc etc etc etc etc

Old 03-27-2019, 08:13 AM
steve(ill)
Hotshot
Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
GEES... just stick with the FACTORY jack.. I doubt I have a flat tire once every 5 years... Don't park on the hill or wet sand.. Pull over into a flat area off the road where you can work on it... Factory jack is simple and effective for any random emergency need.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:17 AM
Slicefixer
Freshman User
Factory jack is great......

Originally Posted by steve(ill)
GEES... just stick with the FACTORY jack.. I doubt I have a flat tire once every 5 years... Don't park on the hill or wet sand.. Pull over into a flat area off the road where you can work on it... Factory jack is simple and effective for any random emergency need.
......until about your 40th birthday....😉

Old 03-27-2019, 08:49 AM
steve(ill)
Hotshot
Im 65 years old

Old 03-27-2019, 08:54 AM
Slicefixer
Freshman User
It was a JOKE .....

Im 65 years old
Geez.....😉

Sir, I own a golf facility.....I have to lift all kinds of equipment just about every day.....I am an avid hunter and fisherman, so on occasion I have to lift trailers, 4 wheelers, UTV's, etc etc etc..... So the Lil electric jack comes in very handy..... In fact, most of the guys I hunt with now own one....😉

BTW, I own multiple floor jacks, etc so I'm familiar with and have used pretty much all of them. I don't need a lecture about this subject, but, some people simply can't stand it. They lecture people about a subject knowing NOTHING about the person they're lecturing. In many cases they're lecturing about a subject that they simply don't understand nor do they have any relationship to the person they're attempting to lecture. The internet seems to bring out the "expert" in a bunch of people.

ALL I TRIED to do was present an option to somebody reading this post. If a person doesn't like the option, for ANY reason, that's A-Ok by me. That's what is great about the United States (at least for now), a person enjoys the freedom to decide for themselves.

However, to construct a lecture about a subject or item of which they obviously have NO personal experience IS presumptuous and uninformed,. To lecture a person whom they've never met is uninformed at best, incorrect at worst IMOP.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:32 PM
steve(ill)
Hotshot
So are you lecturing me ? You have no idea what I do for a living either ? All I said was there is nothing wrong with the FACTORY jack for limited service.. I don't need 2-300 pounds of TOOLS in the truck ,"just in case".... The jack is not the hard part of changing a tire.. normally the lug nuts are TIGHT and pulling the tire and installing another is a much bigger job... The JACK is the easy part.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Slicefixer
Freshman User
Steve, I WASN'T referencing YOU......

So are you lecturing me ? You have no idea what I do for a living either ? All I said was there is nothing wrong with the FACTORY jack for limited service.. I don't need 2-300 pounds of TOOLS in the truck ,"just in case".... The jack is not the hard part of changing a tire.. normally the lug nuts are TIGHT and pulling the tire and installing another is a much bigger job... The JACK is the easy part.
Sorry if it sounded like I was referring you.....READ the thread..... again ...

I could be a smartass and leave sarcastic comments, etc etc etc. I try to never do that. However, I'm well aware that elevating the vehicle isn't necessarily the hardest part of changing a tire. That kit I posted has a jack, air pump, and impact wrench all in one kit. It DOES make elevating and changing a flat a LOT easier..... much, MUCH easier..... and WAY quicker. I also use my jack/jacks for a lot more than just changing a tire....as I'm sure you probably do to.

BTW, I don't carry "2-300 pounds of tools"...... Hehehe..... However, I AM prepared.....I live by the mantra "if ya got it on you can always take it off.... however if you ain't got it on you freeze your butt off"......😉

Old 03-27-2019, 12:43 PM
steve(ill)
Hotshot
OK......... but if you want to lecture Fifty150.... that's OK !! :-missing

Old 03-27-2019, 12:46 PM
Slicefixer
Freshman User
NO worries!

NOT trying to lecture him either..... Just responded to his post.....😉