2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Grille anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 PM
bridgerboy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grille anyone?

Hi,
I've done some searching but haven't seen anyone replace their grille assembly. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to do this?
I have the radiator blanket removed.
Thanks.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:41 PM
bridgerboy
New User
Update

Ok. An update. There have been quite a few views but no suggestions. Here is what I have accomplished today. I took the old grille assembly off. I am now trying to put the new grille assembly in but am running into loads of trouble.
If anyone could give me an idea or an easier way of pulling the new grille assembly over the tabs attached to the bottom bumper I would really appreciate it. I've tried everything I can think of but I just can't get the tabs pulled through the grille assembly slots far enough to get over the hump in the middle of the tab so that they stay in place.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 AM
hjsimpson
Senior User
Originally Posted by bridgerboy
Ok. An update. There have been quite a few views but no suggestions. Here is what I have accomplished today. I took the old grille assembly off. I am now trying to put the new grille assembly in but am running into loads of trouble.
If anyone could give me an idea or an easier way of pulling the new grille assembly over the tabs attached to the bottom bumper I would really appreciate it. I've tried everything I can think of but I just can't get the tabs pulled through the grille assembly slots far enough to get over the hump in the middle of the tab so that they stay in place.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
I gently used a large flathead screwdriver to coax them out.
Worked for me with NO scratches.

Good Luck I know its a PITA!