Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Welcome to the chapter: jjski78

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:10 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a cheap gun from Harbor Freight, I don't expect a prefect paintjob cause it is just a play toy. I am looking into using Rustoleum and just going the cheap way, my wife doesn't like the cost of paint! lol

Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by mudder460
I am looking into using Rustoleum and just going the cheap
Andy, the Rustoleum will scratch easily, but if you overlook the limited colors, the tractor paints from Tractor Supply are pretty tough. Price is reasonable too!

Old 05-14-2011, 01:25 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Thanks Jeff, I will check into them. Just going red with it. From what I read if you do it right it comes out pretty tough. But you have to put on a few coats. I am getting 2 gallons so I should have plenty.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
jjski78
Tuned
I was just going to use the Duplicolor Paint Shop emerald green metallic. It's pretty close to my factory Jade green, and it's fairly cheap, and requires no mixing.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:32 PM
jjski78
Tuned
Originally Posted by zhilton
My name is Zack and I'm a locomotive engineer by trade. I've owned Fords since I was 16. But I've also had a couple of "other" brands in the driveway. Recently a Honda joined the fleet of Fords...but I'm quick to point out that's the wife's ride and it was free.

By the way...free welcome to stop by the monthly BS thread. The discussions are usually entertaining to say the least.
Locomotive engineer? That's pretty cool. I was actually looking into Union Pacific if/when the Air Force lets me go. Figured it would be a good steady job. But I may just go to ASU-Beebe's auto body class with some VA assistance.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jjski78
Locomotive engineer? That's pretty cool. I was actually looking into Union Pacific if/when the Air Force lets me go. Figured it would be a good steady job. But I may just go to ASU-Beebe's auto body class with some VA assistance.
Both of my brother-in-laws retired from the Air Force and now work for Union Pacific.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jjski78
Railroading isn't a bad life...but it is a different lifestyle. Sort of like serving in the Navy, but on shorter floats. Depending on who you work for..will determine how long your gone from home. The company I work for...we're "home" after every trip. The thing is, my home is in Ft. Smith; my home terminal (where I work out of) is in Carthage, MO...150 miles apart. So, I live out of the camper for 6 days, then I go home for two. Without getting to allot more details than that, it's a steady & rewarding career if you like to work outdoors. Train service crews taught the USPS everything they think they know....we work in it ALL
Originally Posted by tojoski
Both of my brother-in-laws retired from the Air Force and now work for Union Pacific.
UP is the biggest of the railroads. If I would have known 6 years ago, what I know now...I'd have six years of seniority in with UP out of VB. You only have to have 10 years to vest into the retirement with Railroad Retirement Board (we don't pay into Social Security); 20 for a reasonable pension and 30 at age 60 for full retirement.

Someone told me not too long ago that UP buys more diesel fuel than anyone else in the world; including the US Navy who had been #1 for many years. I don't remember the exact number of gallons, but it was an astronomical number that I had a hard time wrapping my head around.