hello, have a few questions you guys.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 02:41 PM
ah1988
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello, have a few questions you guys.

I live near orlando fl and almost every place has a company named, griffan industries picking up all of there used veg-oil. Any reccomandations any of you live near orlando and know of some places?

Also is any one growing any plants that have a high oil content and using them to make the bio diesel, my father and i grew a plant called jatropha is grew real good until fl. winter hit they would die at about 50F, we did this for a couple of years and kinda gave up on that plant.

I have just about all the time in the world and diesel is going up along with gas, so if any of you are growing anything that is hearty enough to take 100F heat and 50F cold i am all ears.

I am in the process of building a processor one that uses metal 55gal drums, it requires me to weld them together what process of welding do you reccomend for this tig or mig, I can arc weld but i am not nearly good enough to weld that thin of material.

Final question the manual that tells me how to build the processor tells me to test the welded drums pressure, how many psi should i test them with
and where should i weld the fitting to let the compressed air into the drums?

Thanks for your time, please be very fourth right with your opinions,comments and ideas i am a newb i need to learn