1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

New Owner!! 97 E-350 w/V10

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
EM1/SS(ret)
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner!! 97 E-350 w/V10

Hello all!

Just found a steal (i thought) on CL, $2000 for an E-350 Passenger with 124K. Drove home fine, a little hesitation, but it had been sitting for a while. Took it in to ford to get it looked at today....$2000 estimate...Plugs, COPS, 2 ABS sensors, Broken Exhaust bolts...loads of fun!

Its good to see a lot here have gone through the same repairs, I look forward to picking all of your brains!

Dave

Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
That's probably not a bad purchase price depending on the condition of the body----rusted through panels, dents & dings etc etc? I myself wouldn't hesitate to pay that amount for a van in usable condition for a few more years.

Your issues have been discussed here and in other forums as well so maybe first check out the V-10 area---tons of great information there about the exhaust stud situation. Plugs have been discussed in nearly every forum so should be a lot of available info too. I'm sure the various faulty sensors have been discussed as well so maybe check the Misc forums, perhaps under brakes and suspension?

The $2k from the stealership sounds about right however that's no guarantee they'd do the job any better than you yourself (apart from the exhaust studs) or a known trusted independent mechanic.

Still sounds like you got a good deal------people are scared of gas prices and the V-10 motors----they're not that much worse than a V-8 with the proper tuner program and/or just good basic maintenance. I'm looking for one right now myself, same van as yours but a later year and extended body.

Congrats!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
EM1/SS(ret)
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure where you're located...but

Not sure where you are, but there are a TON of 1 tons around Daytona and Ocala FL for some reason. We found this one on Autotrader for 3000 and got him to come down because we have to get it repainted...

Body is in great shape, no rust thru, lip over the rear door is pretty rusty, and the roof has a lot of surface rust...

Good luck in the hunt!