6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

a few questions on options

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 PM
emd160
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few questions on options

I've been planning on getting a 2011 super duty for awhile but i recently switched jobs and with the better pay i am saving up to put a little more down on it. i have a few questions on things and i figure who better to ask then the guys using these trucks. the truck itself will be a f350 xlt reg cab. i will be mounting a brush guard and warn 12k pound winch to the front and a 4 inch lift probably an icon and air bags in the rear to help level out with a load on

1. which do you think would be better the heavy service suspension or the camper package? will the rear stabilizer bar make that big of a differance?

2. i like the rear locker option as this truck will be used on the farm some but i dont like the 25mph limit. i was thinking about just adding a locker and hooking it up to an outfitter switch. opinions?

3. Is there a carpet delete option at all? i havent seen one any where

4. On forddirect.com i build a truck but the fx4 package was not an option but on carsdirect it is. which one is right?

5. I would like the fx4 package to get the hill decent but i have to get the rear locker along with that package right?

6. I know the esof works well but i want the shifter on the floor for 4 wheel drive can i get that and have the fx4 package?

i know its alot of questions and thanks for taking the time to read it any help is much appericated

Old 04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by emd160
I've been planning on getting a 2011 super duty for awhile but i recently switched jobs and with the better pay i am saving up to put a little more down on it. i have a few questions on things and i figure who better to ask then the guys using these trucks. the truck itself will be a f350 xlt reg cab. i will be mounting a brush guard and warn 12k pound winch to the front and a 4 inch lift probably an icon and air bags in the rear to help level out with a load on

1. which do you think would be better the heavy service suspension or the camper package? will the rear stabilizer bar make that big of a differance?

2. i like the rear locker option as this truck will be used on the farm some but i dont like the 25mph limit. i was thinking about just adding a locker and hooking it up to an outfitter switch. opinions?

3. Is there a carpet delete option at all? i havent seen one any where

4. On forddirect.com i build a truck but the fx4 package was not an option but on carsdirect it is. which one is right?

5. I would like the fx4 package to get the hill decent but i have to get the rear locker along with that package right?

6. I know the esof works well but i want the shifter on the floor for 4 wheel drive can i get that and have the fx4 package?

i know its alot of questions and thanks for taking the time to read it any help is much appericated
It's been a while since I looked at the options. I can't answer them all, but here goes:

1. Considering you are putting a winch on the front end, I would go with the snow plow package (option 473). Will give you the extra HD alternator for your winch and a HD alternator for a gasser. Are you planning on hauling a slide in camper?

2. You will pay around $324 at invoice for the ELD. If you got an ARB or OX Locker, you will pay a heck of lot more for the same funtionality. Think about how you use your truck. Most of the time when you need that kind of traction you are either rock climbing or slogging along in mud or snow. If you are doing the latter, how often are you zipping along at speeds above 25 in 4WD Lo?

3. Yes. Option 16S. Better check if it is available on all Lariat and below trim packages.

4. Available, option 17X. Includes Hill Descent (only on single wheel base trucks), skid plates, Rancho shocks and that wonderful decal.

5. 17X does not require an ELD package.

6. I am pretty sure the ESOF is optional on the XLT and XL package and standard on Lariat and King Ranch.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Champ198
Elder User
End160, this helped me when I was ordering.

http://www.profleetsales.com/pdf_fil...er%20Guide.pdf

Old 04-20-2011, 07:25 AM
BlackSelma
New User
new guy

I would think about the camper package also. I have about 2200 pounds in the cargo bed. When empty I think it rides better then my traded in 2007, 2500 chevy 6.6 diesel with air bags. Also get all the bells and whistles you can. Even if you don't use them much there still available if you should need them.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Old 04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
emd160
Senior User
Thanks guys for the info. I am getting the dual alt so I was looking at the other packages but I might think about the snowplow package. And no I probally won't be going any faster then 25 mph in low range but it would I mostly keep her in high range and I know it cost more but I probably go aftermarket for the locker

Old 04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
emd160
Senior User
Originally Posted by Champ198
End160, this helped me when I was ordering.

http://www.profleetsales.com/pdf_fil...er%20Guide.pdf
Lol I like to get a cc f350 lariat loaded but I will get more use out of the reg cab and me and electronic stuff don't always get along I like the old hand crank windows but I won't drop down to an xl to get those