Sponsored by: DP Tuner

AC Clutch acting strange?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:05 AM
dvani
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC Clutch acting strange?

I replaced the orings in my hpop today and all seems well with the oil pump and everything I worked on. I do have a question for everyone. The clutch on my AC compressor is now popping in and out every 10 to 15 seconds. Did I miss something or not connect it right? Any thoughts?
As an aside, I found that a 1/4" drive 10mm deep socket does a great job accessing the bolt by the IPR valve.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
You need to check the gap in you clutch...do a search...there are alot of threads on this.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 AM
hammer65
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have someone check AC pressure.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dvani
I replaced the orings in my hpop today and all seems well with the oil pump and everything I worked on. I do have a question for everyone. The clutch on my AC compressor is now popping in and out every 10 to 15 seconds. Did I miss something or not connect it right? Any thoughts?
As an aside, I found that a 1/4" drive 10mm deep socket does a great job accessing the bolt by the IPR valve.
Assuming you had your cab controls set to AC or MAX...then it sounds like your air gap might be too large. If you have it set to bi-level vent, then the cycling might be normal.

Here is a good write up that explains how to check the air gap and the fix. Check out the fifth photo down the page which shows where the shim is located.
http://www.springerpop.net/F350/air_gap.html

Old 04-18-2011, 01:42 PM
dvani
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far. One thing I forgot to mention is that the noise (a pop) just appeared after I put everything back together when
i finished my hpop.
Makes me wonder if something was fouled up.