1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

99-04 super duty leaf spring lift in 71 f250

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 PM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea when I first took notice to it I wasn't sure if it was damaged from a previous grenade going off in there or a casting defect or what? Not sure if I asked you or not but what brake rotors and calipers did you use? I'd like to stay away from the cheap parts stores around here parts don't last and the rotors usually warp within a year

Old 04-15-2014, 09:13 AM
highntight
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Your Shackle angle looks good, as does your new cross member. Watchin Your Plow video makes me miss my common rail lol I cant wait to have a fast truck again.... Its been to long since i got to put a hurt on some turbo honda out on the freeway for the last two years i have been that little car that thinks hes fast and I can say for sure that I do not like it. lol I bet your excited to get all your goodies on that 60...

Old 04-15-2014, 01:31 PM
grinnergetter
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
Yea when I first took notice to it I wasn't sure if it was damaged from a previous grenade going off in there or a casting defect or what? Not sure if I asked you or not but what brake rotors and calipers did you use? I'd like to stay away from the cheap parts stores around here parts don't last and the rotors usually warp within a year
I didn't use anything special but I buy most of my parts from an independant parts supplier. I don't remember the brand name but my 73 stops really nice.

I have not purchased calipers yet.

Your shackle angle looks indentical to mine without the doghouse on.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Tinstar36
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
O that was you other truck? I am looking at 400 hp when I am done that about all a idi can make. When do you think you well have your ford out on the trails?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by highntight
Your Shackle angle looks good, as does your new cross member. Watchin Your Plow video makes me miss my common rail lol I cant wait to have a fast truck again.... Its been to long since i got to put a hurt on some turbo honda out on the freeway for the last two years i have been that little car that thinks hes fast and I can say for sure that I do not like it. lol I bet your excited to get all your goodies on that 60...
I couldn't go without a decent car or truck. To much fun playing around in. You seen what I do with my daily driver. wait until I get in the crew cab purpose built for some off roading. I have the perfect hill that I must redeem myself after I stuffed the front of my dodge into it. It's steep from the creek carving a bank into it gotta have some nice lift to get up the face Haha Hondas and Volkswagens I enjoy laughing at them when they see my big truck passing them as they are tryin to show off.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 PM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by grinnergetter
I didn't use anything special but I buy most of my parts from an independant parts supplier. I don't remember the brand name but my 73 stops really nice.

I have not purchased calipers yet.

Your shackle angle looks indentical to mine without the doghouse on.
I'll probably end up getting some parts store ones to keep it simple. Need calipers, rotors and wheel studs yet. I'm running a 11.5 rear and the Dana 60 front. Two different stud sizes so I may need to machine the stud holes on the front rotors so they fit the bigger studs. I think shackle angle came out good got to make a final measurement before I final weld everything angle is slightly forward right now. I have almost all the weight on the front except for the bumper.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:18 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Tinstar36
O that was you other truck? I am looking at 400 hp when I am done that about all a idi can make. When do you think you well have your ford out on the trails?
Yea that was my 24 valve truck wish it was my crew. I do have a soft spot for power strokes I get to play with them once in awhile when my buddies stop by. 400 hp is fun to play with. Hope to possibly get my truck on the trails this summer but it's already April and feel the pressure already. Mostly need fuel system, steering linkage, rims/tires and driveshafts to test it out. Hope to get my fuel pump setup next just need to decide what filters I want to use in it. How's your truck running? I looked into a doubler setup but don't think I will be doing it (this year atleast) I'd need to swap my 2wd nv4500 to a 4x4 get a ford 203 and get a married ford 205. to bad I already got my t case built otherwise I would go with the doubler setup. Only way is if I can find a buyer for my fresh t case I just got done.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:24 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
And with the progress rainy and windy past 2 days so been helping with my friends floor in his house. only got to lay some weld on my crossmember and alittle rough sanding of the turbo. Dropped my axle off today and he already got it sandblasted. He should have it in paint tomorrow. Then time for reassembly

Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Tinstar36
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My truck has a short some where and I can't find it have the finders off and once I find the short I will take the motor out and start the 7.3 swap the 390 is great for on the road but off road it is to jumpy and floods up hill. Hope mine swap goes as easy as yours is.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:01 AM
highntight
Elder User
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
I couldn't go without a decent car or truck. To much fun playing around in. You seen what I do with my daily driver. wait until I get in the crew cab purpose built for some off roading. I have the perfect hill that I must redeem myself after I stuffed the front of my dodge into it. It's steep from the creek carving a bank into it gotta have some nice lift to get up the face Haha Hondas and Volkswagens I enjoy laughing at them when they see my big truck passing them as they are tryin to show off.

Im with ya.... Ide be lost with out the yoda its to fun with the little cummins in it... pretty fast on the street and it will climb anything you point it at....

Messin around in the back yard and climed a hill at almost idle awhile back

here is a little video....

Old 04-18-2014, 01:13 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Tinstar36
My truck has a short some where and I can't find it have the finders off and once I find the short I will take the motor out and start the 7.3 swap the 390 is great for on the road but off road it is to jumpy and floods up hill. Hope mine swap goes as easy as yours is.
Your doing it right. Best to find the short before you do the swap or it could cause lots of headaches down the road. What will you be doing for a transmission with the 7.3 swap? Easy swap ehh yea not bad but time consuming as I'm modifying things as I build the truck. I'll be watching for the start to your swap

Old 04-18-2014, 01:22 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by highntight
Im with ya.... Ide be lost with out the yoda its to fun with the little cummins in it... pretty fast on the street and it will climb anything you point it at....

Messin around in the back yard and climed a hill at almost idle awhile back

here is a little video....

Nice crawled right up it. Thanks for posting the video. My buddy wants a yota and I actually mentioned yours to him since he mentioned doing a 4bt in one. I'll have to show him the video.

Didn't do anything today on the truck ran around doing some other stuff. Axle should be done anytime. Maybe this weekend if it's nice I'll get the hydroboost finished and a good start to my axle if I get it back tomorrow.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:51 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Got my axle back yesterday looks great. Spent some time cleaning up the pumpkin getting the sand and dirt out of it. Hopefully today I'll get the gears in and some other parts. Damn it's time to mess with the kingpins and try getting them tight enough. Here's some pics when I got the axle home.

Name:  EAFF8497-30FD-44B1-BDEB-77CCA9E29DEE.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  175.6 KB

Name:  105C1401-7070-4054-833F-592F2A2BE12B.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  152.4 KB

Old 04-21-2014, 10:35 AM
highntight
Elder User
Axle is looking sharp... Man that truck is so big your can park a jeep under it lol

Old 04-22-2014, 09:45 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
That's cuz it's big mouer truckin The fun part is seeing how good it's turning out. Can't wait to step back and look at it once it's all done. Did some work on the front crossmember yesterday and some of the axle. Stock gears in for now until I figure out what set I'll be using. Probably around 4.56 I'm thinking? Anyone have good way to figure that out? And took the axle to a local big rig shop and had the kingpins torqued to 600 then brought it back and did the lower bearing races. Need grease so I can put the knuckles on. Ohh the mystery hole by the inner axle seal is the case port vent fitting on your pumpkin.

Name:  4390A496-1246-4586-9ACE-3E7CF77B01CA.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  0B1F5C89-472A-4EAB-97FF-7F88B74745F9.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  245.5 KB

Name:  B56615D3-614A-4CAB-9744-323E7C162180.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  145.2 KB

Quick Reply: 99-04 super duty leaf spring lift in 71 f250