Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Bergerson
Stewart, shoot me your mailing address: to satma8@gmail.com

I'll send you one.

Tried to send you an email to the above address, but it got bounced back as undeliverable.

Tried to PM, but yor box is full.

Stewart

Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Bergerson
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Tried to send you an email to the above address, but it got bounced back as undeliverable.

Tried to PM, but yor box is full.

Stewart
oops sorry

its satman8@gmail.com

Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Speaking of DP tuners haha. My girl wants to buy something for me for my truck and was asking me all about the dp tuner that I wanted. You can see my mods in my sig. What do you think about this idea:

F5 Chip:

EX multichanger
Pos 0: No Start
Pos 1: Stock
Pos 2: 80hp Econ
Pos 3: 8hp Tow
Pos 4: 120 Race

What do you guys think? Im runnin superchips right now because i didnt want to drive a stock tune until I could afford to get the DP. From what I hear, even the 80E tune will blow a superchips performance tune out of the water. Also, I was wondering if I should get a 60 tow or an 80 tow. I dont to a lot of towing, but i figured might as well get the 80 for added torque. Also, I know the F6 is more conveniant when it comes to getting upgraded tunes via email. But I know that I wont be getting my stage 2 sticks and new turbo for a while and an extra $200 isnt really in the cards right now.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:36 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Why not just get 1 tune for $75? He can flash your PCM. If you like his work, you can buy the F6 later on. If not, you return it and get your $75 back and you pay postage.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM
jmimac351
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bergerson, thanks for sharing this. I have this exact problem with the DDM Tuning HIDs I just installed tonight with my DP Tuner F5 chip. Glad I found your post. Now I can stop cussing.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
I have my F5 DP tuner now. I love it, but my no start position does not work. Any ideas? I followed the directions that others gave me to get into the no start tune but it still starts right up.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:05 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by Spool&Go
I have my F5 DP tuner now. I love it, but my no start position does not work. Any ideas? I followed the directions that others gave me to get into the no start tune but it still starts right up.
Does it go into position 0? If so, you need to send it to Jody because something wasn't right in the tune.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Ya, I'll turn my truck off, then ignition back on, then do the button combo and it goes into pos 0, then ignition off. but when I get back in and turn the key over it starts. I dunno what is up with it. = (

Old 06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Ya, I'll turn my truck off, then ignition back on, then do the button combo and it goes into pos 0, then ignition off. but when I get back in and turn the key over it starts. I dunno what is up with it. = (
I have an F6 and I can write my program to whatever position I want. Point is, I did write to the wrong position so I can understand how it is possible when writing for a bunch of chips you can write to the wrong position or load up the wrong tune. Give Jody a call on Monday and they might be able to go over what they did and see if there is a problem somewhere.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Will do. Thanks man. I might as well get the 140 aggressive when I send it back. You have that tune? I heard its pretty much a smoke show tune but then I have heard that the extra/excessive fuel does increase performance but definitely not mileage ha. my 120 race is awesome. I dont run it much unless im gettin on the freeway or passin a semi quickly. It does seem to burn up all the fuel I dump into it. Not much coal rollin which is a good sign when you're trying to burn just the right amount. Have you ever been in 80E and punched it and had a hard shift before? I was gettin on the freeway and punched it and it changed gears pretty hard. Wasn't sure if it was normal or not.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Will do. Thanks man. I might as well get the 140 aggressive when I send it back. You have that tune? I heard its pretty much a smoke show tune but then I have heard that the extra/excessive fuel does increase performance but definitely not mileage ha. my 120 race is awesome. I dont run it much unless im gettin on the freeway or passin a semi quickly. It does seem to burn up all the fuel I dump into it. Not much coal rollin which is a good sign when you're trying to burn just the right amount. Have you ever been in 80E and punched it and had a hard shift before? I was gettin on the freeway and punched it and it changed gears pretty hard. Wasn't sure if it was normal or not.
I have the tune to blow smoke at the pedestrian or car behind me that so richly deserves it.

The Ecnon tunes shift harder than the Tow for good reason. You don't want it to shift hard when you are hauling stuff. it is hard on the towed items.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 AM
jmimac351
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up a couple ferrite clips from a local aircraft surplus house. Completely fixed the problem. Not even a hiccup now. Given how cheap the ferrite clips are, it's probably not a bad idea for DPTuner chip owners to put them on the cable whether you're running HID lights or not.

Bergerson, thanks again for taking time to share this.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Hey, does anybody have extra ferrite bead clips any more? my HID kit will be here tomorrow and I dont know if I want to chance the install without them...

I have no problem ordering them online but figured I'd ask you guys first. Not to mention usually you all are faster at shipping than the companies I have ordered from haha.

If the kit comes before I get ferrite beads to install, should I put it in anyways? On the passenger side to be safe?

Has anybody had any actual damage to their pcm or f5 chip from running these without the beads?

Thanks

Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
I just ordered 4 of these. Come to find out that they arent the exact ones you ordered.......

FERRITE SPLIT BEAD, 7MM I.D. | AllElectronics.com

They are the ones you put in your original post. Will I be ok or should I cancel???!

Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
HMMM This has got me thinking......
Alot of times when I use my 2 meter mobile radio the volume on my stereo either goes all the way down or just rockets to full blast.

Question is tho...where whould i put the bead?

Quick Reply: DP Tuner and HID'S