SYNC Vehicle Health Reports - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC Vehicle Health Reports

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Marauder92V's Avatar
Marauder92V Marauder92V is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,774
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
SYNC Vehicle Health Reports

A couple of days after getting my truck in December, I ran a Sync Vehicle Health Report. Here is part of what the report contained:

Vehicle diagnostics status as of when you ran your report on December 20, 2010.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
ENGINE, TRANSMISSION & EMISSIONS - OK<o></o>
BRAKES & SUSPENSION - OK<o></o>
RESTRAINTS & DRIVER ASSISTANCE - OK<o></o>
CHECKS, FLUIDS & FILTERS - OK

In addition to the checks above, it gave me a list of items that should be looked at during the next maintenance. I thought it was a good way to keep tabs on things. I haven't run a report since then and went to run one today.

It kept saying the report could not be run. I went to the syncmyride site and found a number of Ford owners are experiencing the same problem (i.e. report only runs once). A lot of frustrated owners on that site because there is no clear answer why it isn't running.

A few people tried a laundry list of things to do (ex. unpairing phone, master resets, etc.) that a moderator provided -- all for naught.

Anyone here using this report and more importantly, encountered and figure out how to fix this issue?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-2011, 06:39 AM
brmccolley's Avatar
brmccolley brmccolley is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 159
brmccolley has a good reputation on FTE.brmccolley has a good reputation on FTE.
Had issue once, but resolved

It happened to me once. I believe I tried to do it on a Sunday. Perhaps they were doing some system maintenance. I tried it the following weekend and it worked fine.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Marauder92V's Avatar
Marauder92V Marauder92V is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,774
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brmccolley View Post
It happened to me once. I believe I tried to do it on a Sunday. Perhaps they were doing some system maintenance. I tried it the following weekend and it worked fine.
Thanks. I will give it a few more tries. I found the telephone number linked to it and when I dial it, it does not answer!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM
btm991 btm991 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 345
btm991 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How do you run one of these tests?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2011, 03:48 PM
brmccolley's Avatar
brmccolley brmccolley is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 159
brmccolley has a good reputation on FTE.brmccolley has a good reputation on FTE.
Vehicle Health Report Instructions

How to activate and run a Vehicle Health Report
Wondering if your vehicle's operating systems are performing properly? Just say, “Vehicle Health,” and SYNC does the rest.

Before you run your first Vehicle Health Report, you must activate the service online.

Just create a SYNC owner account—and the service will automatically be activated—or, if you have already created an account, log in and under the MANAGE SYNC tab, choose Account Settings and follow the instructions to activate Vehicle Health Report. Be sure to make your mobile phone number Active in your account.

After you activate the service online, you can run a report in your vehicle while your Active phone is connected to SYNC. Also view: How do I change my Active mobile phone?

1
Turn ON your:
  • mobile phone
  • vehicle
  • radio

ALL must be ON.
Your vehicle must be running, not in Accessory mode, in order to run a Vehicle Health Report.
Note: Activating the Vehicle Health Report Service is a two part process. First, you need to have a SYNC owner account and activate the Vehicle Health Report service on SyncMyRide.com. Second, follow these instructions to run a Vehicle Health Report from your vehicle. Before running a Vehicle Health Report in your vehicle, you also need to pair your phone.Your steering wheel controls and radio color and finish may appear slightly different from the images below. However, the buttons work the same way.


How to pair (authenticate) your mobile phone to SYNC
View Details

How to Tell if You Have the Vehicle Health Report Service
View Details

2
Once you have activated the Vehicle Health Report Service in your SYNC owner account on SyncMyRide.com and paired and connected your phone, press the PHONE button on your vehicle's radio.


3
SYNC automatically turns on when your vehicle is running, but, your vehicle needs to be running for at least 1 minute before you can run a Vehicle Health Report.

Touch SETTINGS and ADVANCED will display.


4
Touch ADVANCED, and Vehicle Health Report will display.


5
Touch Vehicle Health Report and Run Report will display.


6
Touch Run Report.


7
CONNECTING will display. SYNC is now checking the status of the major systems in your vehicle and will send this information using your paired and connected mobile phone.
Note: If you receive and answer an incoming call when SYNC is sending your status information, this will interrupt the transmission. Unfortunately, you will have to start over at a later time to run your Vehicle Health Report.


8

When SYNCH finishes sending your vehicle information, "Vehicle Health Report Submitted!" will display. Your status information has now been sent and will be used to generate your Vehicle Health Report.

note: You can also use voice commands to run a Vehicle Health Report.

Press the VOICE button on your steering wheel controls.Your steering wheel controls and radio color and finish may appear slightly different from the images below. However, the buttons work the same way.


Say, "SYNC."

Say, "Phone."

Say, "Vehicle Health."

Touch RUN REPORT on the navigation screen.


CONNECTING will display. SYNC is now checking the status of the major systems in your vehicle and will send this information using your paired and connected mobile phone.
Note: If you receive and answer an incoming call when SYNC is sending your status information, this will interrupt the transmission. Unfortunately, you will have to start over at a later time to run your Vehicle Health Report.


When SYNC finishes sending your vehicle information, Vehicle Health Report Submitted will display. Your status information has now been sent and will be used to generate your Vehicle Health Report.





WARNING: Only use mobile phones and other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so, and use extreme caution. Driving while distracted may take the driver's focus off the road, which can result in loss of vehicle control, accident and injury. The driver's primary responsibility is the safe operation of the vehicle.

The SYNC Vehicle Health Report service is a new Driver Service—available beginning fall 2008 on select vehicles in select markets. Not all 2009 SYNC-equipped vehicles have the SYNC Vehicle Health Report service; however most can be upgraded. Standard equipment and introduction timing varies by vehicle.Is a SYNC upgrade to include 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report available now?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Marauder92V's Avatar
Marauder92V Marauder92V is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,774
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brmccolley View Post
How to activate and run a Vehicle Health Report
Wondering if your vehicle's operating systems are performing properly? Just say, “Vehicle Health,” and SYNC does the rest.

Before you run your first Vehicle Health Report, you must activate the service online.

Just create a SYNC owner account—and the service will automatically be activated—or, if you have already created an account, log in and under the MANAGE SYNC tab, choose Account Settings and follow the instructions to activate Vehicle Health Report. Be sure to make your mobile phone number Active in your account.

After you activate the service online, you can run a report in your vehicle while your Active phone is connected to SYNC. Also view: How do I change my Active mobile phone?

1

Turn ON your:
  • mobile phone
  • vehicle
  • radio
ALL must be ON.
Your vehicle must be running, not in Accessory mode, in order to run a Vehicle Health Report.
Note: Activating the Vehicle Health Report Service is a two part process. First, you need to have a SYNC owner account and activate the Vehicle Health Report service on SyncMyRide.com. Second, follow these instructions to run a Vehicle Health Report from your vehicle. Before running a Vehicle Health Report in your vehicle, you also need to pair your phone.Your steering wheel controls and radio color and finish may appear slightly different from the images below. However, the buttons work the same way.


How to pair (authenticate) your mobile phone to SYNC
View Details

How to Tell if You Have the Vehicle Health Report Service
View Details

2
Once you have activated the Vehicle Health Report Service in your SYNC owner account on SyncMyRide.com and paired and connected your phone, press the PHONE button on your vehicle's radio.


3
SYNC automatically turns on when your vehicle is running, but, your vehicle needs to be running for at least 1 minute before you can run a Vehicle Health Report.

Touch SETTINGS and ADVANCED will display.


4
Touch ADVANCED, and Vehicle Health Report will display.


5
Touch Vehicle Health Report and Run Report will display.


6
Touch Run Report.


7
CONNECTING will display. SYNC is now checking the status of the major systems in your vehicle and will send this information using your paired and connected mobile phone.
Note: If you receive and answer an incoming call when SYNC is sending your status information, this will interrupt the transmission. Unfortunately, you will have to start over at a later time to run your Vehicle Health Report.


8

When SYNCH finishes sending your vehicle information, "Vehicle Health Report Submitted!" will display. Your status information has now been sent and will be used to generate your Vehicle Health Report.

note: You can also use voice commands to run a Vehicle Health Report.

Press the VOICE button on your steering wheel controls.Your steering wheel controls and radio color and finish may appear slightly different from the images below. However, the buttons work the same way.


Say, "SYNC."

Say, "Phone."

Say, "Vehicle Health."

Touch RUN REPORT on the navigation screen.


CONNECTING will display. SYNC is now checking the status of the major systems in your vehicle and will send this information using your paired and connected mobile phone.
Note: If you receive and answer an incoming call when SYNC is sending your status information, this will interrupt the transmission. Unfortunately, you will have to start over at a later time to run your Vehicle Health Report.


When SYNC finishes sending your vehicle information, Vehicle Health Report Submitted will display. Your status information has now been sent and will be used to generate your Vehicle Health Report.





WARNING: Only use mobile phones and other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so, and use extreme caution. Driving while distracted may take the driver's focus off the road, which can result in loss of vehicle control, accident and injury. The driver's primary responsibility is the safe operation of the vehicle.

The SYNC Vehicle Health Report service is a new Driver Service—available beginning fall 2008 on select vehicles in select markets. Not all 2009 SYNC-equipped vehicles have the SYNC Vehicle Health Report service; however most can be upgraded. Standard equipment and introduction timing varies by vehicle.Is a SYNC upgrade to include 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report available now?
Yep. Been all through that and was able to run the vehicle health report exactly 1 time. Did a little bit more research and found that a number of people are having the same issue as me -- can run it one time and that is it. A lot of debate whether it is a Sync issue or one with the 800 number that is called.

Found another interesting thread on people who are looking to use the text reading capability of Sync. Our Nav systems will read and display text messages from a very select set of cell phones. The list Sync has published is out of date and no one there seems in a hurry to update it. For those who are looking to have this feature work, the cell phone must have a feature called "message access" for Sync to display and read it.

I will keep pursuing the answers to these issues. Ironically, my brother-in-law works for Microsoft and he tells me his Windows 7 based cell phone won't work with the Sync package (another Microsoft package)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM
djousma djousma is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 1,942
djousma is a name known to alldjousma is a name known to alldjousma is a name known to alldjousma is a name known to alldjousma is a name known to alldjousma is a name known to all
I will tell you that I would try to run a report, and it would fail in the sending portion of the process. It had been previously working before.

I remembered that I had been messing around my with my new android phone, and that I had turned off the audible touch tones completely. I went back in, changed it back to short tones, and redid the vehicle report, and it worked.

coincidence? maybe, maybe not.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Marauder92V's Avatar
Marauder92V Marauder92V is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,774
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
I will tell you that I would try to run a report, and it would fail in the sending portion of the process. It had been previously working before.

I remembered that I had been messing around my with my new android phone, and that I had turned off the audible touch tones completely. I went back in, changed it back to short tones, and redid the vehicle report, and it worked.

coincidence? maybe, maybe not.
Thanks for the additional information. I have 2 phones setup with the Sync. I will try running it again with the other one. I know that in order to use it, I need to go to Sync and change my primary phone.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 PM
btm991 btm991 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 345
btm991 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I ran a health report two days ago and it sent but how do I get the results of the report?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Marauder92V's Avatar
Marauder92V Marauder92V is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,774
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm991 View Post
I ran a health report two days ago and it sent but how do I get the results of the report?
It should have sent you an email. When you set up the Sync piece at SYNC | Change Songs, Make Phone Calls, Get Directions - All Using Your Voice | Ford.com, you are asked to setup an email address.

BTW - I attempted to run the VHR a few more times since this original thread and still cannot do it! One of the websites I visited suggested taking the Nav back to factory conditions and starting over. Anyone else have luck running it multiple times? There is a limit on how many times you can run it. I think monthly. I have been able to run it one time.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-15-2011, 02:41 PM
btm991 btm991 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 345
btm991 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got an email after I set up my sync account but did not get an email with my vhr...am I not doing something??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Marauder92V's Avatar
Marauder92V Marauder92V is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,774
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm991 View Post
I got an email after I set up my sync account but did not get an email with my vhr...am I not doing something??
I don't think so. Try going back into the website. I think you can request a second report from there.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM
brmccolley's Avatar
brmccolley brmccolley is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 159
brmccolley has a good reputation on FTE.brmccolley has a good reputation on FTE.
go back to the website

you'll be able to get the results at the website. All green means there's no issues.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 PM
720Deere's Avatar
720Deere 720Deere is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,598
720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future
Just a thought, but have you tried to update your Sync? I'm sure there are updates available.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Biggziff's Avatar
Biggziff Biggziff is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,402
Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Latest update is 4-29-11 If your truck was built prior/close to that date you may be able to update it.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to make your own glow plug wiring harness rosesrfree4u Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) 14 12-14-2017 11:02 AM
Smoke stack emissions training in St George, UT ernesteugene 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 11 10-28-2017 01:48 PM
2000 Ford Expedition xlt battery saver relay clicking no start websurfer 1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 13 11-14-2016 03:22 PM
E4OD to ZF 5S-42 swap break down myakkacracka Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case 13 06-16-2016 12:33 PM
Long cranking when warm EddieEX10 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 16 01-31-2016 03:26 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Tags
button, email, f250, ford, health, motor, report, reviews, steering, sync, truck, vehicle, voice, wheel, work

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: