West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

This is NOT an April Fools Joke.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This is NOT an April Fools Joke.

Ok...I just need to vent a little here...

Last week, I decide to go ahead and purchase a new vehicle. Called Ins company and added it on, full coverage. They told me how much it would add to my bill, fine, no problem.

So in the mail today I get my new Ins cards for the vehicle and a bill for next month, which was $60 more than what he told me when I added it.

I call them and ask why and another person says, "I see here you have a claim on your account".......wha??? She gave me the date and vehicle involved. Now, here is the strange part. Around the same date, I was pumping gas in my car (the esquirt). I was parked, and outside pumping gas when BANG and the car lurched back almost two feet. A lady in a Lincoln Navigator backed into the front of my car. How she could even see over the dash, I don't know, much less out back.

Anyway, she gets out, and the front of my car is bashed in and her back bumper plastic was scratched and had a crack in it. She gave me her Ins info and drives off.

Now for the good part! Her Ins company refused to fix my car, because there was no police report and she denied any knowledge of hitting anyone at any time. Ok so being the nice guy I am, and my car was a POS to begin with I let it go.

Until today! Somehow, she got my Ins info and filed a claim against me!!!! I asked the lady, did you actually pay her? She says, no, there was no payout given due to the circumstances, and she failed to tell me exactly what those details were "according to the lady's story".

So, I ask..let me get this straight. Clearly not my fault, no money was paid out, and my ins never went up nor was I notified there was a claim, but now that I have full coverage, you tack on another $60 because I "had a claim" against me. Yessir! That is correct.

Nationwide is clearly NOT on my side.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinGnWV
Ok...I just need to vent a little here...

Last week, I decide to go ahead and purchase a new vehicle. Called Ins company and added it on, full coverage. They told me how much it would add to my bill, fine, no problem.

So in the mail today I get my new Ins cards for the vehicle and a bill for next month, which was $60 more than what he told me when I added it.

I call them and ask why and another person says, "I see here you have a claim on your account".......wha??? She gave me the date and vehicle involved. Now, here is the strange part. Around the same date, I was pumping gas in my car (the esquirt). I was parked, and outside pumping gas when BANG and the car lurched back almost two feet. A lady in a Lincoln Navigator backed into the front of my car. How she could even see over the dash, I don't know, much less out back.

Anyway, she gets out, and the front of my car is bashed in and her back bumper plastic was scratched and had a crack in it. She gave me her Ins info and drives off.

Now for the good part! Her Ins company refused to fix my car, because there was no police report and she denied any knowledge of hitting anyone at any time. Ok so being the nice guy I am, and my car was a POS to begin with I let it go.

Until today! Somehow, she got my Ins info and filed a claim against me!!!! I asked the lady, did you actually pay her? She says, no, there was no payout given due to the circumstances, and she failed to tell me exactly what those details were "according to the lady's story".

So, I ask..let me get this straight. Clearly not my fault, no money was paid out, and my ins never went up nor was I notified there was a claim, but now that I have full coverage, you tack on another $60 because I "had a claim" against me. Yessir! That is correct.

Nationwide is clearly NOT on my side.
I would be more than a little pissed if that happened to me. I guess that it would be the right time to see what other insurance companies quote for coverage.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

I've been checking around. Turns out, Ins companies know EVERYTHING about you, and they all have said that the claim filed will influence my rate, even with a different company. Next time my neighbors dog poops in my yard I'm filing a claim with their ins company.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:41 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
OMG, I would have freaked! Too bad you didn't still have that f-ing broads insurance info. Damn insurance companies!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:09 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Here's a funny one though...

A few years ago, holidays, we had company at our house, and so did the neighbor (same one with the dog) well, she for some reason thought it was ok to use my driveway since I have two of them. She did this all the time btw...

Anyway, I was going out to pick up pizza, and at the time I had a 79 F150 that was lifted quite a bit. She was so close to my passenger side I don't know how she got out but anyway, I went to her house and asked her to move, explaining that to get out I have to turn sharp and back up to not hit the fence. She says ok, I'll be right out.

Five minutes, I go back. Lady, you really need to come move your car now. Ok hold on, I'll be right out she says.

Five more minutes....F it My front bumper hooked the fuel door, good I may add, and peeled it back, taking most of the back end with it. I was so ticked I just went to get my pizza. My bro inlaw, mostly intoxicated, was laughing his butt off.

Get back home and a state trooper shows up shortly after and the neighbor comes over furious. She told him I just hit her car for no reason. When he asked me what happened, I told him, I asked her twice to move it, and he stopped me and with a serious look, he stared right at me and said, it doesn't matter how many times you asked her. I thought, oh crap, I'm in for it now. He looks at her and says, your car is on his property, he can drive over the top of it if he wants to. Now move your damn car.

GO STATE TROOPERS!!!!

I don't know why she don't like me....

Old 04-01-2011, 03:12 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
LMAO!! That's Awesome!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:33 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
That is a good one Kevin.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:19 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Well, I found a company that wants $20 less than what NW charged me originally, so it's actually $80 a month less. The full coverage was a lot less, but for some reason the liability on my old truck was more. I don't understand how these companies come up their rates at all. I still have to pay this months bill before I can switch. I think I'll pay my last bill in person with a jar of pennies.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:58 PM
whack&stack
Elder User
kevin i am in the insurance business. i work for an auto insurance company as the state sales manager. there are so many variables that insurance companies take into account when determining the rate and every company factors things differently. i.e credit score, vehicles being rated, accidents, violations, coverage levels to name a few. pm me if you have any questions. the claim filed against you that was not paid on should not be held against you. some ins companies allow you to dispute which would cut the rate back down. if you have specific questions pm me. i prefer to keep my company name out of this since its a public forum before anyone asks. ( i dont know that legal would approve)

Old 04-01-2011, 07:03 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by whack&stack
kevin i am in the insurance business. i work for an auto insurance company as the state sales manager. there are so many variables that insurance companies take into account when determining the rate and every company factors things differently. i.e credit score, vehicles being rated, accidents, violations, coverage levels to name a few. pm me if you have any questions. the claim filed against you that was not paid on should not be held against you. some ins companies allow you to dispute which would cut the rate back down. if you have specific questions pm me. i prefer to keep my company name out of this since its a public forum before anyone asks. ( i dont know that legal would approve)
I will certainly do that. Thank you a lot!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 PM
whack&stack
Elder User
your welcome, happy to help

Old 04-02-2011, 04:34 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Jus 1 big happy family!

Btw, good call on leaving yr companies name out Whack...the FTE does have guidelines and that's one of them.

Joe

Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 PM
crazyredneckanyhow
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whack&stack
kevin i am in the insurance business.

Ah HAH. I knew there was something screwy about you. Insurance agent is about as bad as a lawyer.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that sucks... hope it all works out.

LOL Cheeto... tellin it like it is

Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr. Kev, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles my friend, that is VERY VERY infuriating.

However I am glad to know you did not get in trouble for mowing down your neighbor's car.

Search this Thread