Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

welcome to the your an April FOOL thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:43 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning guys!

Looks like its gonna be a nice day out. Sucks that I am at work.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:51 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Cory! Have fun at work! It is gonna be a great day out there!

Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 AM
arnoldhunter
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning MN!

Before I go catch up on this thread, I just did a search for Monkey Muffins and wound up in the March thread. I did a little catching up.

Dave, what does that mean, about Rob? Are you now seeking employment? Or, just down a good co-worker? Or, am I totally misunderstanding?

Jay, I strongly suggest USAA for banking. www.usaa.com. The insurance is only available to military and some other associated groups. But, the banking is available to the public and is the best, by far. They don't have local branches. But, you can direct deposit and bank by mail. They cover up to $1.50 for foreign ATM fees for up to ten times per month. They don't charge any of their own. You can use a droid app to scan checks and they instantly deposit. You don't even have to mail them. Or, you can order free postage paid envelopes and mail in deposits. Anyway, check them out. The credit cards and loan rates are typically better than anywhere else too.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by fordpower88
LOL!! Just sayin........ If nothing else working on it should put you right to sleep cause you have a creeper........right?
I can't blame a guy for sleeping on the creeper. It is just too comfy.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Excursion4X4
Posting Guru

Good evening folks!!!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Excursion4X4
Posting Guru

Not much happened while I was sleeping.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:41 PM
arnoldhunter
Posting Guru
Good evening Dale.

I actually took my truck out for the first time since November. I put some mirrors on first and they sure do make it feel safer, having some rearward vision. Shocks are next. And, although winter is over, I think I may install my tank heater, which I never got to.

Went to Olive Garden for wife's birthday dinner. Stuffed to the gills. Had to put on some thanksgiving pants.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Squirrel Man Sam
Senior User
Evening all.......wait, I see "kyjelly" down in the tags....maybe I'll go now

Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Excursion4X4
Posting Guru

Might be good reading!!!!!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good evening Minnesota! Beautiful day today in Illinois, with another coming tomorrow.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Squirrel Man Sam
Senior User
Originally Posted by Excursion4X4
Might be good reading!!!!!
I don't know man, I haven't seen any females posting lately.........

Old 04-02-2011, 08:33 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by arnoldhunter
Good morning MN!

Before I go catch up on this thread, I just did a search for Monkey Muffins and wound up in the March thread. I did a little catching up.

Dave, what does that mean, about Rob? Are you now seeking employment? Or, just down a good co-worker? Or, am I totally misunderstanding?

Jay, I strongly suggest USAA for banking. www.usaa.com. The insurance is only available to military and some other associated groups. But, the banking is available to the public and is the best, by far. They don't have local branches. But, you can direct deposit and bank by mail. They cover up to $1.50 for foreign ATM fees for up to ten times per month. They don't charge any of their own. You can use a droid app to scan checks and they instantly deposit. You don't even have to mail them. Or, you can order free postage paid envelopes and mail in deposits. Anyway, check them out. The credit cards and loan rates are typically better than anywhere else too.
Dave's coworker Rob got a different job Eric.

I will check out that link. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Excursion4X4
Good evening folks!!!
Good evening Dale. Glad you made it back safe.

Originally Posted by arnoldhunter
Good evening Dale.

I actually took my truck out for the first time since November. I put some mirrors on first and they sure do make it feel safer, having some rearward vision. Shocks are next. And, although winter is over, I think I may install my tank heater, which I never got to.

Went to Olive Garden for wife's birthday dinner. Stuffed to the gills. Had to put on some thanksgiving pants.
Kinda nice to drive the ole girl...truck that is. LOL

Thanksgiving pants

Originally Posted by Squirrel Man Sam
Evening all.......wait, I see "kyjelly" down in the tags....maybe I'll go now
Chicken...

Originally Posted by KOESTNER
Good evening Minnesota! Beautiful day today in Illinois, with another coming tomorrow.
Hello Rick

Old 04-02-2011, 09:23 PM
bigdummyford
Senior User
hello all

Well after a long abscence I am back, however One of the reasons I left seems not to have changed and pardon the first thing being out of my mouth being a complaint BUT, why is it that the second post for the last two months is the new jersey chapter leader? I mean great if he was once FROM Minnesota, but otherwise I come here to talk to other MINNESOTANS about Fords and other things. I guess its a free world but if I wanted to have a million random hey hows it going posts (which seem to be being done just for the sake of raising his number of posts to seem more popular) I would go to the random member forum, rather than the MN forum. Guys like Mike who live close enough to have a connection, I GOT IT! Or a Senior administrator cool. It just makes following the conversation with minnesotans hard and it really keeps me from wanting to participate here.

Now that I am done RANTING, my truck told me not so subtly that its time to get back on by burning out the tranny again, this happened about 6 weeks ago, had it out of the shop for about 4 now and it runs great again! I had a new Tranny cooler (6.0 style upgrade) a new radiator, and a B&M remote tranny filter (uses a PH8A filter) the tranny locks up good and holds. For those of you familiar with duluth I can go up thompson hill starting about 50 and it holds OD all the way up luggin it out to about 1200 RPM or so without downshifting! Next up once I haul enough scrap is the Dynatrac Freespins and Extreme duty balljoints.

Miles

Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Squirrel Man Sam
Senior User
Just saw on the news that Porky's down on University is closing for good this weekend. It's a real shame, that was a great place to go to, was like an unending car show going on.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 PM
bigdummyford
Senior User
And another thing,

Anyone know if its illegal to take and run my exhaust in front of the tire? I am just thinking of getting rid of the over-axle pipe for the sound and the free-er flowing exhaust as well as possibly splitting the pipe and doing duals in front of the axle instead of behind. also would turn downs look better there instead of the 5 in MBRP tip I have, or should I find another tip like that and see how that works? I would have to see if the tip would even look right on that side anyhow. Anyone have an opinion on this idea?

Quick Reply: welcome to the your an April FOOL thread.....