DEF best place to buy/price??? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

DEF best place to buy/price???

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
mackda600
Senior User
mackda600 is starting off with a positive reputation.

where do i get it? anybody sell online?

Old 03-31-2011, 06:02 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Any major auto parts location, NAPA, AutoZone or O'Reilly's, sells 2.5 gallon containers with a dispensing tube. Price is around $12. Pilot, Flying J's and Loves truck stops have dispensers at many locations offering bulk sales by the gallon. The dispensers can be found on the truck islands. The cost per gallon is around $ 2.80.

Regards

Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM
jack_pine
Elder User
jack_pine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by mackda600 View Post
Google? Not there yet but that is what I would do. Hear Pilot and other t-stops have good prices.

where have you looked?

Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM
mackda600
Senior User
mackda600 is starting off with a positive reputation.
googled it and the only stuff coming back is posts in other forums...

Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Painted Horse
Posting Guru
Painted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant future
Almost any truck stop will have it. Pilot Truck stops in a few cities actually have a pump on the truck islands that you can buy DEF in bulk at the cheapest price. Unfortunately for me Pilot and Flying J around me have not installed the pumps yet.

I've been buying mine at Checker Auto, Autozone and other auto parts houses, They all seem be carrying it for around $13 per 2.5 gallon jug. It's not hard to find. Just ask.

You will pay more for frieght to have it shipped from a mail order place than what the DEF itself cost.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:26 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
At least in all the corners of the Mid-West that I have traveled, all the major truck stops and auto parts stores have DEF in stock. Last summer I traveled from Michigan to Denver to Hershey,Pa, and up into New York. Whenever I stopped for fuel I looked for DEF availability. I have not seen any of these places that did not have it on the shelf...

Here is a list of current Pilot and FJ's with dispensers:

Pilot Flying J - Locations with Diesel Exhaust Fluid

Regards

Old 03-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Sgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant future
Post 1,000,000 on where to buy DEF Fluid

Old 03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
myred1
Junior User
myred1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good ole Walmart sells Peak blue def in the 2.5 gallon jug. Can't remember what I paid but I think it was 12 or 13 dollars.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:26 AM
jack_pine
Elder User
jack_pine is starting off with a positive reputation.
googled it and the only stuff coming back is posts in other forums...
Try ebay for online, don't know about shipping costs, though.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
djjoshuad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.djjoshuad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The ironic thing is that unless you can find an island dispenser, trucks stops are (in my experience) a horrible place to buy DEF.

dispenser price (if you can find it) is less than $3/gal, which puts 2.5 gallons at no more than $7.50, putting them at the lowest end of the price spectrum. Every truck stop I've used since purchasing my truck has charged at least $20 for a 2.5 gallon container, putting them near the top of the price spectrum.

as posted above, your local auto parts store should be a happy medium, usually charging about $12-13 for a 2.5gallon jug with pour spout.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:03 AM
CascadeF250
Senior User
CascadeF250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Autozone and walmart here do not have DEF yet. Orielleys stores have it for $11.99 for 2 1/2 gals. It seems a lot of auto and truck related businesses have not heard of DEF yet.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:22 PM
btm991
Senior User
btm991 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can you still get your first def fill for free at ford?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
I believe Crazy001 posted that the coupon has expired...

Old 04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
marchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant futuremarchare011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by btm991 View Post
Can you still get your first def fill for free at ford?
IIRC, if you purchased your truck prior to 1-1-2011, then you should have been mailed a coupon from FOMOCO, that entitled you to a free DEF fill. The coupon expires within one year of warranty start date. Mileage must be less than or = to 10,000. Program expires 12-31-2011.

Even if you were not mailed the coupon, your dealer can pull up the info based on your vin and see if you qualify.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Karen_A_Smith
New User
Karen_A_Smith is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, I work with Air1 (a DEF manufacturer) which supplies DEF to the US. There are a number of DEF locators on the web that can highlight your nearest DEF retail outlet, so that you can shop around. This is our own Air1 DEF locator (http://us.air1.info/en/def-supply/def-filling/)which I update monthly. We also have a DEF locator for canada.

We see that a lot of people have questions about DEF, and are helping to answer them. If there are other DEF questions, or extra information needed, I'm happy to answer any questions on this topic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DEF best place to buy/price???

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: