Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Good Shops in the Evergreen State

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Good Shops in the Evergreen State

Recommend a shop or store that you feel would be beneficial to other members.

If we keep the format very simple, it can be easily searched.

Merchant,Location, Phone#, Specialty, Brief Comment

Sams Wholesale Auto Parts, Evergreen Washington, (555) 555-5555, Drivetrains ,Very knowledgeable staff

IF we Pm for further information on a particular post, we can help make the thread easier to search. I will also compile the data on a regular basis so that an organized directory will be created for acces by the chapter members.

Please PM me for any comments or suggestions.

Mike

Last edited by Placermike; 02-22-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up Great parts place in Sequim

A-1 Auto Parts (360) 681-2883 General Auto supply, with a helpful staff

Old 02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ford_Six

I highly recommend Eastside Auto Wrecking in Bremerton (360) 377-7651, they have (or at least had) a decent selection of older Ford truck parts.

I also recommend Belfair Auto Wrecking (360) 275-6677), they are nice guys with good prices, decent selection

Old 02-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RexB

On Whidbey, the one and only real parts salvage is Christian's by Oak Harbor. Reasonable cost on prices, considering they have a monopoly. It's a final resting place for quite a few old Ford trucks, and all others too, to be parted out. But they don't keep many intact hulks for long.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
I apologize if this thread is currently looking like multiple posts from myself, but I am trying to compile data from multiple threads, and at the same time giving credit to the original poster.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:58 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
If it is OK to list places to stay away from then here it is.

Meridian Auto in Graham, They are over priced and think that the wrecks they have are made on gold.

On the other hand, South-Hill Auto & Truck Wrecking 6316 128th St E Puyallup, WA, (253) 841-0143 is an excellent place to get parts.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by redhawkssh44
If it is OK to list places to stay away from then here it is.

Meridian Auto in Graham, They are over priced and think that the wrecks they have are made on gold.

On the other hand, South-Hill Auto & Truck Wrecking 6316 128th St E Puyallup, WA, (253) 841-0143 is an excellent place to get parts.
There is nothing wrong with listing 'bad' places. Us members are here to help each other.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:45 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Villoage Transmission in Edmonds
23901 84th ave w 98026
Talk to Dan He is the transmission GURU and very fair with pricing. I have a 99 V10SD 4x4 that needed a trans rebld. He helped me select the right upgrades and parts for my application. Also I got it to him on Tuesday and he had it back to me friday.
their PH # 425-778-0194

Old 03-04-2007, 01:34 PM
85_Ford_6.9L_4x4
Senior User
Originally Posted by Placermike
On Whidbey, the one and only real parts salvage is Christian's by Oak Harbor. Reasonable cost on prices, considering they have a monopoly. It's a final resting place for quite a few old Ford trucks, and all others too, to be parted out. But they don't keep many intact hulks for long.
Where abouts is this place located on the Island?? I'm out at the NAS about 2 miles from Oak Harbor....

Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Ask RexB

I started this thread, but the first few posts were extracted from another thread. Rex is the one to ask about the specifics...Hopefully he will read this and post.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:14 AM
hackwillie
Junior User
Parts store

I know down in the Oly area Cut Rate Auto is a great place to go. I've only been to the ones in Tumwater and Elma but I think there are a few more. The guys in Elma know what they are talking about, most of them do anyways. Prices are a lot better than some of the other parts stores I've been to.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:25 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 85_Ford_6.9L_4x4
Where abouts is this place located on the Island?? I'm out at the NAS about 2 miles from Oak Harbor....
85Ford, Christian's: Drive out Porter Gate, immediately take a right (West) down the gravel road. (Before getting to the light on Ault Field Rd.)

Auto salvage, scrap metal. The parts they strip off are inside. He doesn't keep a lot of hulks around for long, so check occasionally about what he has on hand. It isn't much, but the only one close by.

The Auto Hobby shop on base is pretty good, fair tool selection, lifts and bays. I took out and fixed a E-150's transmission there in 1978. Welcome aboard!

Last edited by RexB; 03-10-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:56 PM
85_Ford_6.9L_4x4
Senior User
Yea it is, used it about a week ago to put some glowplugs in my truck...

I found Christian's, it is kinda small, didnt find what I was looking for this time around but I'm gonna keep my eye out...

Old 03-15-2007, 11:18 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Thumbs down I have to warn you against BRIAN FORD in EVERETT

[COLOR=Red

I have to warn everyone about Brian Ford in Everett.
I hate to dog a for dealer in general however, I have had a personal bab experience here and enough is enough.
I used to have a Mustang. I got a notice on Head gasket TSB. After I made an appt to get it fixed it started to overheat. I had to have it towed in to their shop. I got a call at the end of the next day saying that I had NO COMPRESSION in 2 and 4 cylinders. I also supposedly had an oil leak and a coolant leak. They were willing to fix these issues for some absorbinant ammount of money (like 1200.00 i think). I Flipped out and Argued with the service advisor for 2 days over the phone before I called Ford customer service. Within 3 hours of calling them I got a call from that service advisor telling me that a NEW CRATE MOTOR was ordered for me free of charge. And I had a rental car totally paid for by ford for nearly 3 months (the motor was on back order).
Well that was back in 1999.
Now my buddies Girlfriend has a Focus. One night a few weeks ago her car was sitting in the driveway with her in it ideling. Suddenly it died and wouldnt start. They towed it to Brian Ford to get it fixed. They spent 1 hour and 130.00 on it to tell her she needed a new engine(at 4800.00). She flipped out.
My buddy asked me what i thought and of coarse we deliberated on what it could be for an entire breakfast. The decision was made to take it to another trusted mechanic. Low and behold all She needed was a timing belt and the mechanic suggested a water pump while he was in it. Her Bill was only 800.00.
My buddy balso said his Brother lives less than one mile from Brian Ford and will not take his 2 Ford Trucks to them.
Just a cautionary tale.

Hope the spelling is not too bad.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:25 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Thanks for the warning about Brian Ford in Everett, Marty. And I'm glad the whole post didn't come out in the [color=red] [COLOR=Red [/color]. That's the color of my trucks but reading in red makes my eyes bloodshot

I hear ya', cuz I've had enough run-arounds from dealers and their mechanics, from Florida to Hawaii to Japan, that I don't even go there. When they have an open repair bay they always find a disaster, instead of the real (simpler) problem. On the other hand if they're backlogged with repairs they can't find anything wrong, or schedule the repair out a month away. Which sucks when it's still under warranty.

Quick Reply: Good Shops in the Evergreen State