1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford warranty declining coverage

Old 03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I.B. Washincars
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Why don't you post the pics here for the whole world to see?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:28 PM
claycomotrucks1991
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
It just kills me that I keep my truck so perfect. Never let salt of grit stay on it. Constantly detailing. So, I get a call from Kyle this afternoon. A total corporate nitwit. Kyle clearly has a list of responses that Ford has given him to read to me. His three favorites are "I understand", "I'm trying to help you", and "a decision has been made." First he tried to tell me the dealer recommended to decline coverage. Well, I've been on with the dealer just an hour before who told me it should be covered and they did everything they could to get Ford to cover it. I repeatedly try to get him to hold while I conference call the dealership so we can see who's being truthful. He says he won't participate in that and will only conference call with me and the dealer if he can call them first. Apparently he needs to get his story straight, LOL. Then he tells me that the decision is final and there is no way to appeal and that the warranty division has the last word. He will not however tell me how to talk with directly. I ask to talk to his supervisor over and over. He refuses. In the end I insist on knowing why the claim was turned down and since the dealer agrees with me and I can't talk to the warranty people, then he needs to tell me. His answer? Running boards are "A WEAR ITEM!" If I wasn't so upset, I would have laughed out loud. When I ask him to explain, he says my foot when I step on it wears the chrome off. Now I have to spend 10 minutes explaining to this half wit how Ford's running boards are set up. There are plastic inserts every 1/2 inch that are 1/4 inch tall as grips on the top of the running board everywhere you can possibly step. I ask him to explain to me how my size 12 shoe can fit in the half inch gaps between the plastic inserts to cause this? He can't answer but repeats that it is a wear item. This guy when repeatedly beaten down with logic, just kept repeating himself. In the end, I'm out of luck. His last suggestion was to go to another dealer. What in the world will this do when decisions on corrosion claims are all made by the same warranty department that my dealer went through? I will NEVER buy another Ford after this disrespectful little man talked to me the way he did. What a poor business decision too. How much profit would Ford have made on my next truck purchase in a year or so? Now Chevy gets it. All for a couple hundred bucks on a valid warranty claim...
Sorry to here your problem if that's the case the dealer or Ford should step up and cover it out of pocket to keep customers happy.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Not sure how good these pics are from the dark garage. All the white spots on the corner of the black step pads are where chrome has peeled off....

Old 03-30-2011, 10:38 PM
BCM
More Turbo

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Such crap. No way your shoes can get in there. It didn't peel where your shoes DO hit. Idiots. Man... this fires me up. Is it only peeling around the rubber? Or is it peeling on the sides where you can show them your shoes never touch...

I'd try another dealership... they'll go to bat for you hoping to get your business for your next truck. I wouldn't use the 'never buy another Ford' line there, yet, though.

Doesn't Ford have some sort of arbitration center?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
ROTTEKATZ
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1st understand that Ford MoCo does not consider you to be their customer. The dealers are Ford customers and you are a customer of the dealer. Ford wants you to buy from a dealer and only deal with the dealer and never become involved with you. Customer service never wants to provide service and their responses seem scripted. Just hope you never have to go through the Ford re-acquisition vehicle (RAV) program(aka buy back or lemon law). If you do hire a lawyer. Don't forget to post a synopsis to the blue oval forums.
They are giving a full refund of my 2011 F250 SD LB 6.2L with under 8K miles.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:45 PM
DIXIEDOG1
Elder User
If I was in your situation I would go back to the dealer you purchased the truck from, ask to either speak with the general manager or sales manager of the dealership. Explain to them that you purchased your $50k truck from them on good faith that they would have your back if the truck was not right, show them what the defect is and explain that if they are going to leave you out to dry you will not be able to purchase anything from them in the future as you intended to. I'd be willing to bet they'll take care of you.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 AM
ROTTEKATZ
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DIXIEDOG1 got it right. The dealer you purchased the vehicle from has the biggest stake in representing your interest. You are, after all, their customer.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:53 AM
BCM
More Turbo

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ROTTEKATZ
They are giving a full refund of my 2011 F250 SD LB 6.2L with under 8K miles.
How come??

Old 03-31-2011, 04:58 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
I hope it works out for you. But this is very much one of the reasons I bought an XL with few options - all the options that can be had aftermarket I'll pick and choose myself... Factory steps and such dont seem to have a good rep for longevity.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 AM
1buzzbait
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Damage Caused by Use and/or the Environment
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust and deterioration of paint, trim,
upholstery, and other appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements.
Some examples include:
• Stone chips, scratches (e.g., on paint and glass)
• Dings, dents
• Cuts, burns, punctures or tears
• Road salt, tree sap
• Bird and bee droppings
• Lightning, hail, windstorm
• Earthquake, water, or flood

Old 03-31-2011, 05:58 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
The chrome on my Expedition grill became blemished under warranty and Ford replaced it with no questions.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 AM
warriorm
Freshman User
I love my SD, but Ford has some serious customer service issues. Just look at all the posts about broken two piece spark plugs and damaged aluminum heads from removing said plugs. IMO, that should be a warranty/recall issue, but it's been going on for years.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:56 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
My selling dealer is far enough away that a trip down there for show and tell and another if they were to replace the running board would cost more in gas and time than the running board is worth. And, I don't think that would work either. They were a mega dealer with the personality of a raw onion. I only went to them because they gave me the most for my trade and I had an X plan pin so I didn't have to worry about price. Plus, I shouldn't have to fight. Hell, I've already put too much effort into this. The chrome is peeling off. I should have made one trip in. The dealer should have seen the failure and ordered me a new one. Then one trip back to R&R. That's as far as it should have ever gone. As far as the leaving Ford thing, this truck has been loaded with issues. It's not just this one. All of them small, but I've had it with trips in for warranty work. I've got better things to do with my time. The bad part about that is I love my Ford. Best looking. Best features. Love the V10. Love the new 6.2 if I was to get another. To answer the question about where the spots are, yes, it is only peeling right next to the plastic step pads. I'm thinking it's a bad design there as salt can get trapped in between the metal and the pads and start the corrosion. But as bluecrystalman said, there is no way my shoes could touch the areas that are peeling. I understand what 1buzzbait has posted. It sort of applies and I'm sure Ford can use it as an excuse but here's the deal. If your selling these running boards to guys with 4X4's then they are going to be in salty environments some of the time. Wouldn't a better design where salt can't get trapped prevent this? In my mind, it's a design flaw more than an environmental cause.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Edkajo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
His three favorites are "I understand", "I'm trying to help you", and "a decision has been made."
I feel for you but had to laugh... the classic "I'm trying to help you" line has always meant trouble every time I've heard it. It think it translates into "I'm trying to screw you." in service langauge.

Every time I hear that line, I flat out tell them that's the last thing I need to hear from them right now but I'd like to see it . It's never helpful, confuses them a little and more times than not, ends the conversation. Oh well..once they say it, it's over anyway..

Stay on it, good luck.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 AM
1buzzbait
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i, as do others on this forum do empathize with you on your situation--however--i am of the opinion that statements like:I'll never buy another Ford product: This guy when repeatedly beaten down with logic:As for the dealer, no I did not buy from them.--wont get you very far--again this is just MY opinion no one elses!-being in the business and doing business with other businesses-i too have been in similar situations--yet i find i achive much more success when i encounter a diffcult situation or gray area when i am a total professional--i may not always get everything i want, but i get a lot--being in the service business is generally a thankless job, but its what i do and how i feed my family. good luck to you in the future with your chevy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford warranty declining coverage