Sponsored by: Moser

dealer trade non-disclosure scam or big scam

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:02 AM
dsabldveteran
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer trade non-disclosure scam or big scam

I bought a brand new Chevy. The vehicle cost 44,000 dollars. After a break in the auto body company discovered the vehicle had been in two accidents and repainted on both sides of vehicle. The auto body company had to remove the previous work because it was done so poorly the paint was failing and in some areas they painted over dirt. Dealership denied any repair work and even looked at me like I was trying to pull a fast one. I called GM and they had information of repair to the brand new vehicle. I told dealership one and they then told me (OK) it has been involved in two accidents one month apart from each other that involved body and repaint to each side of vehicle. This vehicle was a dealer trade and dealership one claims they did not know it was damaged when they sold it they claim dealership two did not disclose this information to them. The vehicle was in the shop for 33 days while the dealerships worked on who was going to pay the extra to remove the poor very poor work that was done so my body guy could finish his work. The vehicle is still not fixed on the other side of the vehicle. The dealership who sold me the vehicle sold his franchise and left me holding the bag. I went to dealership two who shipped this vehicle across state line without disclosing these issues and ask for all repair work form or information they had on this vehicle. They gave me two work orders that confirm the repair work but they claim the customer was dealership one when dealership one did not receive ownership until two months after the repairs were done. Why have they changed names on work order documents and continue to hide this issue of disclosure. I have the documents now in hand that claim the selling dealership was the customer during repairs when in fact they did not even have position of the vehicle during the time of repairs and by the way this dealership is no longer in business but the dealership who has changed documents and was the owner of the vehicle when repaired with faulty work and sent it across state lines with out disclosure? GM and the AG from two states are working this and I have a question before I sue. The dealership wants to make it right now and I am not sure what would be right for their intentional scam to rip me off. What would be fair to settle out of court? Will they make an offer or just a low ball car detail and repaint the vehicle again thing. I will not take a low ball offer. I was scammed and tired of being treated like an idiot who thought he was buying a brand new vehicle and was duped

Old 03-27-2011, 06:32 AM
docgj
Freshman User
I would request GM to replace the truck with one of equal value (NEW). It is obvious you were scammed even if it was not intentionally. I would think GM would want to make it right. I think I would be talking to a lawyer.
Have they made an offer?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:36 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you need to have some lawyers involved. Just one question however, while I am truly sorry to hear about your misfortunes why are you posting this in a Ford truck forum? Good luck with your situation. I hope things get resolved, and more importantly Thank you for your service! Maybe you can get your money back and buy yourself a nice new F150 with that $40k

Old 03-27-2011, 06:54 AM
dsabldveteran
New User
I like Fords and am looking for honest replies so I thought I would find them in a Ford forum. Thank you for you reply and honesty.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:00 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
You are welcome. Some might not be so kind with their replies being its a Chevy so be prepared. Is getting your money back an option? Are you just looking to get a replacement that wasn't previously banged up? What are your expectations/goals?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 AM
dsabldveteran
New User
They have not made an offer yet but told me they will. They want to have the same dealership paint it again and then give me some comp for my issue and frustration. I was told they could not buy the vehicle back. I am not sure what to ask for but I feel they should pay for this conduct. I wanted out of the contract out of the shoot but they have said no out of the shoot.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:06 AM
dsabldveteran
New User
I am angry I was sold a truck that had been wrecked twice. I would never had bought it. I was looking at a Ford and if told this truck had been damaged and I am paying top dollar for it I would have bought a brand new Ford. They never gave me the choice.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:09 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Maybe contact the BBB? Hope it works out to your satisfaction. I have owned all makes but I just prefer Ford trucks. The company I work for buys nothing but Ford and they hold up well considering the abuse some receive. Easily 100 pickups and bigger, F-650/750s.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 AM
docgj
Freshman User
Is the same dealer painting it that botched it the first time?
Is the offer coming from the dealer or GM?
As it has been said get a lawyer. I would try to get enough to offset the depreciation and trade for a new F150.
docgj

Old 03-27-2011, 07:13 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
OK I accept that you came to us because you want honest opinions.
Get your money back!
Get something for your time and effort.

You do not tell us when you bought the truck.
How long has this been going on?

I think that you need to file in court.
That will most likely require a lawyer considering the amount of money involved.

The sales managers knew about the prior damage.
The truck was damaged at the first dealership and moved to the second one in a bid to wash the title.

Contact your local VFW VET REP for aid in pressuring the other side.

Who were the dealers involved in this sale?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
Originally Posted by dsabldveteran
They have not made an offer yet but told me they will. They want to have the same dealership paint it again and then give me some comp for my issue and frustration. I was told they could not buy the vehicle back. I am not sure what to ask for but I feel they should pay for this conduct. I wanted out of the contract out of the shoot but they have said no out of the shoot.
Sir, welcome to FTE and thank you for your service. As stated before, get a lawyer. You're a sitting duck without representation. You're the victim here.

IMHO, if they really wanted to make it right, they would relieve you of your contractual obligations with this vehicle. I'd run like hell to the closest store with a Blue Oval in the front yard and get a new truck. Ford is dealing right now.

I'm not alluding that ford dealers are more honest than GM dealers, only that they sell better trucks. Good luck sir and keep us informed.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 AM
n5926g
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it were a used vehicle,you would likely be out of luck.
Considering it was bought NEW,I see a lawyer in your future.
My experience with dealerships(at least most) has taught me that
most are just Politicians that wouldnt survive in Government......

Old 03-27-2011, 07:38 AM
dsabldveteran
New User
I bought the 2009 150 12-29-08 I had it in the dealership a couple months after I bought it because the exterior molding was falling off. I had it in the shop 3 times to keep replacing the molding after one year it was broken into and then dicovered it had been wrecked and or damaged and repainted. The auto body shop said the molding was falling off because of the poor paint job. I have been dealing with this issue of making it right for 14 months. Yes they want the same dealership to repaint it that did the poor work the first two times. GM says they cant do much but will influence the dealership to do the right thing. GM is like talking to them (the dealerships) and has done an investigation and gave me a name of a person who is dealing with the attorny general to repaint the other side of the vehicle. I am not sure when the other offer of compansation will happen. I guess I am afraid once I give them the truck to repaint for the third time they will say its fixed and it sucks to be you and thanks for your 44,000 dollars.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Everyone here will offer a different solution, but truly there is only one. HIRE A LAWYER! You will have to sue for the value of the truck and compensory damages, which will include legal fees. However, if GM is presented with the facts as you presented them here, they will most likely settle. This type of negative publicity no company wants!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:57 AM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE and thanks for your service. I also agree that you need to get a lawyer involved. I would also suggest that, if you choose to keep the truck, that you take it back and observe each step of the repainting process. Just my $0.02.

Quick Reply: dealer trade non-disclosure scam or big scam