Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck
View Poll Results: Shall the nickname of our trucks and this forum be "Bullnose?"
Yes, I like Bullnose as the nickname
80.56%
No, it should be something else (please post your suggestion in this thread)
19.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Shall the nickname of the 80-86 trucks and this forum be "Bullnose?"

Old 03-22-2011, 10:01 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Shall the nickname of the 80-86 trucks and this forum be "Bullnose?"

There was a recent discussion out here about branding these trucks and our forum:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ould-have.html

Reading through that thread, it seems that Bullnose is the favorite; but to be certain of
everybody's feelings, I've created a two-week poll......

If everybody agrees, the first person to have suggested that name (blucollar4xford) gets
a FREE one-year's subscription to Club FTE.

If you want to vote No, you can also post an alternative suggestion in this thread.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:14 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.
KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.
Do you actually have to own one of these to vote or can someone like myself vote that had one at one time, and/or plan on getting one in the future? I just figured a few people might have that same question.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
It's open to anybody....

Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Danilo
goat hugger
Danilo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
so if one person votes no does that mean we won't change the forum name?

Old 03-23-2011, 05:21 AM
ri_truck_guy
Posting Guru
ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.
Is this like an election where I live...."Vote Early and Vote Often"?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:30 AM
blucollar4xford
Elder User
blucollar4xford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post

If everybody agrees, the first person to have suggested that name (blucollar4xford) gets
a FREE one-year's subscription to Club FTE.
aw shucks, a couple rep points wouldve made me happy

my vote is in, and I'll keep my fingers crossed...maybe now not everyone will give me a "deer in the headlights" look when I refer to these trucks as "bullnose" pickups lol...i wonder, also, how the 87-91 crowd likes "bricknose" (I'm genuinely curious, not greedy)? Aside from all the drivetrain options, that's the only thing I like about them...they be ugly!!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 AM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster
muscletruck7379 has a good reputation on FTE.muscletruck7379 has a good reputation on FTE.muscletruck7379 has a good reputation on FTE.
i voted yes, cause i do like the name. however (since i missed the old thread) I would like to mention that it will have the same identity issues that the highboys have (between highboys the hot rods and highboys the trucks) cause the name [I]is[I] actually already used by a much larger truck. a 50's kenworth cabover.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 PM
82 F150
Junior User
82 F150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really like that nickname "bullnose", never heard that before, but its perfect. So I vote bullnose.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Danilo View Post
I guess we'll find out.....

Maybe Bullhead is a bit more accurate. Plenty of things changed between 80 and 86, so you really have to pick and choose what parts are interchangable, and what require modifying in order to work. You can't just do the "bull in a china shop" method of swapping stuff around, or it *could* come back to haunt you.

Picture from the other thread submitted for more visual reference:

Besides, a person would have to be rather "Bullheaded" to believe that all 80-86 are the same.
And, it seems bullnose is already used by a certain model of Kenworth.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
ri_truck_guy
Posting Guru
ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.ri_truck_guy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by muscletruck7379 View Post
i voted yes, cause i do like the name. however (since i missed the old thread) I would like to mention that it will have the same identity issues that the highboys have (between highboys the hot rods and highboys the trucks) cause the name [I]is[I] actually already used by a much larger truck. a 50's kenworth cabover.

I wouldn't worry too much about it....not seeing a lot of room for cross-pollination here....

Old 03-23-2011, 01:44 PM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by Danilo View Post
Only if there were zero Yes votes.

About the 1940s/50s Kenworth Bullnose thing, yeah, I found that on the Internet, too.

My feelings are that it was long enough ago - over 60 years - that it is no longer
relevant.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
I still think bullhead is better. Aside from the lack of horns, the front clip and cab do resemble a bull's head quite well, and the mirrors sorta resemble ears......

Yall can call them bullnose if ya want, I'll just say bullhead instead.

Yep, I'm rather bullheaded at times....... LOL.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Duct Tape Racing
Elder User
Duct Tape Racing is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
so does that mean the 87-91 body style is the "butter-face" style?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
fiftyfordfloored
Elder User
fiftyfordfloored is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by blucollar4xford View Post
...i wonder, also, how the 87-91 crowd likes "bricknose" (I'm genuinely curious, not greedy)? Aside from all the drivetrain options, that's the only thing I like about them...they be ugly!!
The Bricknose trucks were not the greatest styling achievement of the 80's... BUT, and this is a huge but IMO, they also have never been given the same aftermarket options as the Bullnose and '92-96 trucks... Nobody (that I know of) makes crystal-cut headlights or clear corners (all the ones I've seen have been stockers split open and modified) or even a decent looking billet grille... all of them just a bunch of lines that square-off against paint. Billets look good on the Bullnose because there's a surround that separates billet grille from paint. The Bricknose trucks just need more aftermarket love...

Had to do a quick chop of what I think would look good.

Sorry guys, I'm done with my tangent... Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 PM
blucollar4xford
Elder User
blucollar4xford is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll agree with that statement. It is hard to find anything to dress those trucks up! But as I said earlier, they did have decent drivetrains. Kingpin d60 fronts, c6, zf5, and fuel injected mills across the board, along with the 7.3L are among some of the goodies optioned in those trucks. Plus they didn't have awesome Swiss cheese frames or feedback carbs. Everything has their pros and cons. Brick nose trucks just bring the ugly...but they're all kinds of cool when you lift the hood. Also didnt have a computer controlling EVERYTHING!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shall the nickname of the 80-86 trucks and this forum be "Bullnose?"

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.