Sponsored by: Moser

New here, a few pics of my F-100

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
slow90coupe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here, a few pics of my F-100

Hey guys! I have had this truck for a few months now. My grandpa bought it new back in 1978. A few months ago he bought a new Ranger, and his knee was giving him trouble with these old manual brakes, so he sold the truck to me!!! This truck is 150% all original. It is pretty dang clean considering he drove it every day for 20 years and used it on the farm hauling hogs or whatever he needed too! It has 109k on the clock and is still going strong! i have some plans for it though. i am wanting to pull out the engine to freshen it up and clean/paint everything. i also want to get some wheels for it and do the DJM kit eventually. either way, it will be a fun little high school cruiser! I am only 15, so the cash flow is pretty much nonexistent. it will probably be stock for a long time. i dont want to do anything that i cant change back to stock within a day or so. it is almost impossible to find a stock dentside these days!

here it was with the hubcaps on after a LONG and extensive paint and interior detail...

and here is what it looks like right now. i really like it without the hubcaps!

i need to get the engine bay cleaned real soon.its pretty nasty!

heres a few pics showing how solid it is...

That is the original spare tire too!

heres a little scrapbook i put together with all of the paperwork that goes with it. there is a lot of documentation.

this is the only mod i have done. i took off the 10ft long antenna and put on a cut down mustang one that i had laying around

and here is my other Ford. i just got done redoing everything except for the body. it has a little HCI combo on it. i did everything myself aside from the final assambly of the motor. it felt good to do all the work myself!

this is how it looked when i got it 2.5 years ago

let me know what you guys think!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
MiddleNameMUD
Senior User
Nice truck!! Super clean take good care of her. Oh ya the car is alright too. Lol

Last edited by MiddleNameMUD; 03-18-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 PM
CalebJns
Posting Guru
WOW on the Dentside! That thing looks brand spankin new almost! You get to do whatever you want to do, that is the beauty of it being yours!! Personally (you will probably get a few opinions) I would keep it stock, just because it was my grandfathers...but that also depends on how sentimental he is as well...If he is able to work on it with you, it might be fun to let him jump in and help...on the other hand, you could always leave the exterior "stock" looking, and cram a monster HP engine in there, and make it into a "sleeper" truck, then you would just need to keep a slush fund for rear tires!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 PM
mblayton
More Turbo
Wow super nice truck for the mileage, brings back memories had a '76 Ranger

Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 PM
IDIDieselJohn
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow very nice! Keep it clean man!

I actually like it to without the hubcaps, makes the white walls stick out more. Love it!

Very very nice clean little truck!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:22 PM
slow90coupe
New User
thanks guys! i definately want to keep the drivetrain stock. maybe just get a little 600 CFM carb for it or get it rebuilt (the old one has a pretty bad dead spot) and of course i will put some Flows on it. the cool thing is the stock exhaust can just be took off in pieces, so i can put it back on easily. i just want to get rid of the old man look. i am really looking at getting some 15x10 stock style steelies for the rear and putting some dog dishes on it to give it a little bit of an aggressive look for now. i dont want to make it fast or anything. i have my Notch for that. i just want to have fun in this truck without having to worry about anything.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:16 PM
turnkyle
Elder User
That is one clean truck, your grampa really took good care of it. If it were mine I would probably just leave it alone and drive it. Maybe put some classic looking rims on there but thats it.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 PM
79 shortbed lover
Senior User
That is a beautiful truck and great lookin stang 2 great job. P.S. welcome to FTE

Old 03-18-2011, 11:39 PM
PDX_F250_78
Senior User
Originally Posted by slow90coupe
thanks guys! i definately want to keep the drivetrain stock. maybe just get a little 600 CFM carb for it or get it rebuilt (the old one has a pretty bad dead spot) and of course i will put some Flows on it. the cool thing is the stock exhaust can just be took off in pieces, so i can put it back on easily. i just want to get rid of the old man look. i am really looking at getting some 15x10 stock style steelies for the rear and putting some dog dishes on it to give it a little bit of an aggressive look for now. i dont want to make it fast or anything. i have my Notch for that. i just want to have fun in this truck without having to worry about anything.
Nice rides. You got the stang when you were 12.5 old?

I take it that is your dad's shop? Nice setup. You have your own rack. That makes life easier.

Would like to hear everything you did to the stang engine. It looks sweet.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 PM
bamaf150
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, really nice truck, a real survivor. I love the hubcaps!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Blown 331
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow thats a nice truck, and car! I've got a couple of trucks you can see in my sig and a couple of Fox Mustangs as well. Welcome to the site!

Old 03-19-2011, 07:22 AM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!! I like your idea for the wheels...........Big n Little steelies with dog dishes would look awesome........You sound like a smart kid, Im sure you wont just start hackin and butchering up that nice of an old truck...........WAY too nice the way it is to start doing that. When I start modifiying an old vehicle, I dont do anything to them that cant be put back to stock, if I want to. Im in the process of dropping a diesel in my 78 F150 and even in doing that big of a project, I WILL NOT butcher it up so it cant be put back to original at some point if I feel the need. Post some pics if you get the differnt wheels on it,

Old 03-19-2011, 07:27 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
That appears to be one true survivor. It would be a crying shame to see it modded,,,,,,,,,but it is your truck.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:06 AM
slow90coupe
New User
thanks everybody! i appreciate the warm welcome. yes, i got my coupe when i was only 12.5. i have been working at my dads tire shop since i was about 11. so, that along with all of my christmas money from the previous years all added up to enough to buy the coupe and get some decent mods done to it! i still work for my dad at his tire shop when i am not at school or working on my car. i have paid for everything on the car, with the exception of the front tires lol.

as for my coupe, here is a link to my build thread on it. i am wayy too lazy to retype all of the stuff i have done to it over the years!
Slow90coupe's NOTCHBACK BUILD THREAD!!! - SVTPerformance

THE TRUCK WILL NOT BE MODDED. as i have said before, i do want to get it lowered and on some nice wheels. that is NOT modded. that stuff can be changed back in a weekend. modded, imo, is when you have a fully built stroker motor and a hacked up interior and body. my dad gave me the shop that i am in right now. plus,it gave him an excuse to build his own playhouse

here is his shop and some of his cars. as you can see i went TOTALLY in the opposite direction!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:41 AM
turnkyle
Elder User
Whoa! Your dad has some good taste in classic vehicles. Glad to hear you are pretty much keeping the truck stock. That's going to be one sweet ride. Never been a huge fan of fox body stangs, but they are fast! That's pretty cool you are able to do this type of stuff when you are so young. I hope I will be able to do the same when my kids get old enough.

Quick Reply: New here, a few pics of my F-100