1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

11 simple rules for posting in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:23 PM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"10. Never use punctuation. Makes it too easy for folks to understand what you’re saying. If you must use punctuation, try to use it incorrectly. People don’t like to converse with people that have more schoolin’ than themselves. We were going to have a poll once to determine peoples’ level of education, but no one could spell - univercity/universalty/unifersity – college. "

haha then there are some of us youngins that R still in that college phase although I am working on the 8 year track oh and it should be (1952 F-3) as far as I'm concerned oh and I have one of them word books keep in on the shelf next to the other really confusing word book the thesourus you know what my most common online search is for 1951 1952 51 52 + F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 ford truck pickup just figured I'd throw that in for the heck of it, guess kenny cant complain now

Jon

Last edited by irondragon79; 03-17-2003 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:29 PM
j gibbs
Senior User

Originally posted by rebellforever
nice 11 rules.
i think you posted 12 though.

swanny
There are 3 kinds of people in the world:

Those who can count

And those who can't

Old 03-17-2003, 01:39 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In response to overwhelming feedback from my esteemed forum members (hereinafter referred to as “whiner-babies”), myself and the village elders have drafted a proposed revision of rules under which this forum shall operate. It is hereby proposed that we accept these articles of governance henceforth;

Proposed Constitushon for the 48-60 truck forum
“to the people, by the people, for the people”

1. Never put meaningful titles on your new threads, it makes them too easy to find later when people really need the info, (assuming there is something useful in the
thread) and it clutters up the title bar. Vagueness increases their chance of being
highlighted in everyone’s searches – make you look prolific. Win, Win!

Subsection1.i - Complete absence of a subject header is acceptable/encouraged,
as it adds to the excitement of opening up the message, kinda like your
birthday but with even crappier gifts.

2. Never use words with more than two syllables. Folks in this forum don’t like to use word-books (dichunaries). Many don’t even own one. Some can’t even spell dichunary……

Subsection 2.i – Compound words also make the majority )with no more than Grade 9) feel inferior. In this new millennium, we need to respect dumber people’s feelings.

Subsection 2.ii - To make your brothers feel better, pick a really big word and constantly miss-use. Also see article 9 below as well.

3. Never put all the info you have in one reply. Go back later and add two or three more replies to finish your thoughts. It gets your message count up. The more messages you post, the fancier the rating you get under your user name - like “posting guru” even though you might be dumb as post, new members don’t realize this and think you know what you’re talking about and seek out your advice. It’s great for the ego. It also increases the chance that people that actually follow your instructions before you go back in and add that critical first step in the process you forgot to provide initially.

Subsection 3.i – Lack of knowledge on a subject should never stop you from replying to a request for information. If nothing else, it shows people that someone has read their note and this makes them feel better.

4. Never feed ‘fenders or get too close to his cage. Never get into a battle of wits with him either. For one thing – he’s not armed and for another, he has connections with the U.S. Army and can get you. (Picture a team of Navy Seals creeping into your house under dark of night.) This guy is scary – he’s fat, bald, his skin is white, almost translucent from sitting in front of his PC 20 hours a day. He has dark patches around his eyes…..just sits there in his boxers and open heeled slippers, faded wife-beater style undershirt and worn, dirty, old bathrobe…just 10 keystrokes and those Seals are there…..scary…

5. Try not to put more than two sentences of useful information in a post. However, be sure to pad it with at least 10 more sentences of humour or attacks on other peoples’ drivetrain or front suspension choices. (Attacks on peoples’ drivetrain choices should clearly be meant in jest as it is universally understand that a 351W with an AOD is the clearly superior choice for trucks of this vintage.) Most of us know how to fix our trucks, the real reason we’re here is because we don’t have any real friends and it’s better than spending time with the wife.

Subsection 5.i – Jokes regarding any individual’s alleged or actual transgressions with farmyard animals is strictly prohibited. This is a worldwide forum and there are too many participants from Iowa and Ireland. In this new millennium, we must be respectful of others’ cultures.

Subsection 5.ii – Use of smilies to signal humour are completely unnecessary. 5 minutes in this forum should make it clear we’re crazy and that nothing we say should be taken as true/useful/serious.

Subsection 5.iii – If you really feel compelled to offer useful advice, at least make up your own names for the components you’re referring to. That way, if they actually consult the manual, they won’t know what the heck you’re talking about and will hopefully request clarification. Once again – helps your message count.

6. Never spell-check your replies before you post them. It makes most participants feel smarter as they really thought that’s how those words were supposed to be spelt. If you have some **** need that words be spelt correctly, it’s better to go back in and edit it to do the corrections, the more times the better. Gets your message count up.

7. Never disrespect John Niolon. He is our resident scribe, the only professionally published participant in this forum. We worship him from afar and we secretly hope that if we suck up to him, he will one day mention our name in one of his published articles. Dis John and we’ll all turn on you. (Plus he’s my 3rd cousin and I drafted this constituchion so I can put whatever I want in here.)

8. Never mention the use of Ch*vy parts on your trucks. You can use Dodge but not Plymouth (sounds too girly) but NEVER Ch*vy. Trucks are manly things and deserve manly parts on them. (Think about it, how manly does Volare sound? But Dodge Charger – there’s a manly phrase! )

Subsection 8.i – International Harvester parts are not allowed either. They never even used their own parts anyway. They always used parts made by somebody else like Ch*v or Studebaker or Tucker or some other fringe automaker.

9. Punctuation is optional, but discouraged. Makes it too easy for folks to understand what you’re saying. If you must use punctuation, try to use it incorrectly. People don’t like to converse with people that have more schoolin’ than themselves. We were going to have a poll once to determine peoples’ level of education, but no one could spell - univercity/universalty/unifersity – college.

10. Always mention “48-60” and “Ford” in post at least once, so the moderator can’t delete it as unrelated to 48 – 60 Ford trucks.

11. Never brag about the HP your truck puts out; assuming it even has an engine it. ‘Rage has about 8,000 HP and 8,000 ft.lbs of torque and can kick your butt. And unlike most of us, his truck really does have a running engine in it.

12. Henceforth, clothing is no longer optional. (This applies particularly to ‘fenders and Earl.) There have recently been sightings of people of the female persuasion in this forum and since we all secretly think we’re studs, we need to look sharp so as to impress them with our manliness and rugged good looks, so they’ll want to run off with us and our trucks. Aftershave (applied externally) remains optional.

13. If you’re having personal problems don’t share them in here. Real men don’t talk about “feelings” and besides, if you don’t want your wife, what makes you think we would? It’s o.k. to talk about unemployment though cause that’s the govinrmints fault and slammin the govrinmint is manly.

14. Given the high percentage of Canadians in this forum, it is hereby decreed that all “or” words, henceforth will be spelled with “our”. I.E. colour, flavour, motour, tumour.

By the power vested in me by the town of Carleton Place and the county of Lanark I hereby put forward this declaration.

In favour, say - AYE!

Those against say – Nay! (What’s that I can’t hear you)

Carried!

Old 03-17-2003, 02:27 PM
rebellforever
Senior User

aye
swanny

Old 03-17-2003, 02:59 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend

iF tHATS tHE bEST yA cAN dO wE'RE sTUCK wITH iT iT wILL bE rATHER dULL hAVIN rULLS aN aLL 48 fORD f1pANEL tO fOLLOW
sO mANY fOLKS - sO mANY sHOTS tO tAKE1

Old 03-17-2003, 05:23 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

RMF

I don't know about Canada but there hasn't been such a perfect document drafted in the US for almost 200 years.

Old 03-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Waxy
Postmaster

AYE!

I'm going to propose that the Superduty Forum adopt this constitution immediately.

Waxy

Old 03-17-2003, 07:48 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts

Waxy...

you think the Superduty guys would mention 48-60 fords in every post ??? that's just weird...

Ferg... an excellent update... I consider myself lucky to have a cousin with the parlimentarian talent that you show... you do our family line proud...

john

hey DeWayne.... looks like it's time to lock and load !! GW done drew the line in the sand big time...

Old 03-31-2003, 11:21 AM
ferguson777
Posting Guru

Earl et all,

The executive recognizes Earl (herein after referred to as “whiner-baby”) .

Whiner-baby has put forth a request that we amend article 14 of the “Constitushon for the 48-60 Truck Forum”. (See note thread entitled “For Kai and the boys”) While your proposal has merit, I’m afraid it must be tabled in accordance with the recognized rules of parliamentary procedure. Put forward your motion in appropriate format and we will convene a meeting of the executive (herein after referred to as “the old boys network”) to consider it.

I would suggest something along the lines of;

I hereby propose and humbly submit that Article 14 of the “constitushon of the 48-60 truck forum” be amended to read;

“ In the interests of national security, no postings in this forum shall be written in a foreign language. (The NSA has enough to do monitoring all email and internet traffic for those special words which we’re NOT going to be used in this sentence either). When faced with the possible use of questionable words like – boulevard or poutine , one should use more basic, single syllable words that someone like ‘fenders or anyone with a grade 9 education would actually understand like “street” or “fries and gravy with cheese”.

Additionally, in light of the flagrant disregard for subsection I. of said article, I will be attaching a rider to your motion to strengthen the wording of subsection I ;

“Subsection 14.i. - The sole exception to this rule is that all words ending with “or” are to be spelled using “our” - i.e. colour, flavour , motour . This is in accordance with the vast percentage of our membership, which are of the Canadian race (12%). Given the importance of the Canadian race in this forum and our lives in general, e.g.;

- Canada is our largest trading partner, our #1 supplier of oil (2.2 million barrels per day) and it is widely expected that Cretian will get his head out of his a** soon and reverse his position on support of the US.

- Without the Canadians we wouldn’t have basketball, the telephone, real beer and the zipper. (Imagine real beer without the zipper!)

- Canadians tend to be more intelligent anyway (with the exception of Cretian) and all Canadians know it is the correct spelling for these words. “

In the interests of expediency, you can simply respond – “yah, what he said” and we will call for a meeting of the old boys.

Personally, while I can’t speak for all of the old boys (some of them are presently down for their nap anyway), I think your proposal has a good chance of succeeding as it also has bearing on article # 2 as well.

Kai – I’m sure Earl regrets any discomfort this amendment may cause you, but since Germany isn’t a real country anymore – (it’s part of the European Union), you would need to pull together a group from said union constituting a minimum of 10% of the membership and table an amendment of your own. Given said group would undoubtably include at least one person from France, good luck getting your group to agree on anything.

Regards,

Old 03-31-2003, 01:21 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend

While I understand your favoritism to the Great White North, you forgot to mention one of your exports, that some of us souff of the border arn't too enamored with.
I happen to live under a major flyway of the Canada Goose. It ain't pretty haveing several thousand gooses downloading while inflight. I'm so glad elephants don't fly.
I can and will support your ammendment if you can either change the flyway or have your gubment start issuing diapers for your feathered airforce. 1948 - 1960 Ford trucks.

Old 03-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Kai
Elder User
Thumbs up 11 simple rules for posting in this forum

... all the French 48-60s forum "Members" and I as the spokes man for the Far East Chapter have agreed that the following is to be added:

78. (... or are we just at 77. ?!?!) You shall not say that your vehicle is going fast while a German is listening (i.e. on-line on the forum) as you have no freak'n clue what you are talking about. Driving 75 is like you are standing still on the Autobahn. Move over to the very right lane. But Pronto.

Old 03-31-2003, 05:06 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru

4tl8ford,

(Excellant post)

Hey, you have my sympathies! Those Cda Goose droppings are some heavy *****, man!

Since i didn't vote for Jean Poutine in the last election and I don't speak french - I don't think I have any pull with our government. Hell, even my wife ignores me. However, at the next meeting of the Possum Lodge, I'll bring your concern up and see if the lads have any ideas. I can tell you they're good eatin'. THE GEESE, THAT IS!

Kai,

I find it hard to believe your European Union was able to come together on anything that fast, but with respect to the autobahn - you definitely got a good point.....'Rage could sure use that strip of pavement though.

later,

Old 03-31-2003, 06:02 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru

Wait a minute... this forum's for FORD's ???

LOL,
Daryl
(chalk up another post for this one, too): Cha-ching!

Old 03-31-2003, 10:08 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What luck! This is the perfect thread and opportunity to try out my new avatar! Gee whiz I hope this works!

Old 04-01-2003, 04:54 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend

Went goose huntin one time, learned some things
Best time to get up - O'dark thirty
Best weather - Rain, Sleet, Snow mix, temp 30F, wind 20+ mph
Best place to be - Sitting (up to you A**) in cold icy water
Results - one greasy goose

Now I stay home and eat chicken. 1948 - 1960 Ford trucks

Quick Reply: 11 simple rules for posting in this forum