Truxedo Soft folding tonneau cover - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Reload this Page >

Truxedo Soft folding tonneau cover

Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150

Old 03-15-2011, 06:44 PM
mrpositraction
Senior User
mrpositraction is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Soft Folding Tonneau Cover (Ford Part# V9L3Z99501A42-AA)

Install was a breeze, comes completely assembled.

Also has a "Ford" emblem in the canvas

Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Joe Rotax
New User
Joe Rotax is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the Low Pro on mine; installed easy and no leaks. Lot of people buying the hard covers but I prefer these.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM
MCDavis
Post Fiend
MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Looks good! I love my TruXport (economy cover) on my '06. Nice truck too!

Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 AM
mrpositraction
Senior User
I will do a fiberglass camper shell later on for long trips, but for around town and every day driving, I don't want to run the camper shell all the time, this is perfect, I can use the bed in inclement weather, and it looks good IMO.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:18 AM
MCDavis
Post Fiend
MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Yeah a camper would be nice, but no need for me at this point. I had thought that I wanted a hard tonneau so that I could install a flat rack system (like a roof rack) but after looking at cost and hassle if I needed to carry something taller than the bedsides, the soft cover just made more sense.
I've actually been pretty impressed with mine and how it keeps the weather out. It's seen pouring rain, a 380 mile road trip in the slushy snow, lots of dusty roads, and I really cannot complain one bit. Never had more than a trickle of water in the bed at any time. I also have a tailgate seal on mine.
I also went to SummitRacing and bought their generic rubber bed mat and cut it to fit which I've found was a great $60 investment. Really keeps things from sliding around.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM
rydeyz
Freshman User
rydeyz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Joe Rotax View Post
I have the Low Pro on mine; installed easy and no leaks. Lot of people buying the hard covers but I prefer these.
Can you put a picture or two up here?!? I'm very interested to see the difference. I've never used a cover on my trucks before, but I'm definately getting one for our new truck. I had considered the roll up type that sits flush with the top of the bed, but there's appx 8" taken up in the front of the bed, and it could be as detrimental as one of the hard covers. By that, I mean that if you're out and find a deal you can't pass up, you don't want to have to drive home to offload your bed cover first...

Old 03-16-2011, 11:25 AM
MCDavis
Post Fiend
Here's mine. It's Truxedo's economy model the TruXport. It's all manual adjustment, but I'm not bothered by that in the least. This one sits ontop of the rails, as opposed to the LoProQT that sits inside/flush with the rails. Also, mine is a 5-year warranty instead of lifetime, but for about $200 less it was the best fit for my budget.
Pics:

Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
mrpositraction
Senior User
Mine can be folded up and placed in the box of the truck within 20 seconds should I find a deal and need the bed of the truck.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Joe Rotax
New User
Originally Posted by rydeyz View Post
Can you put a picture or two up here?!? I'm very interested to see the difference. I've never used a cover on my trucks before, but I'm definately getting one for our new truck. I had considered the roll up type that sits flush with the top of the bed, but there's appx 8" taken up in the front of the bed, and it could be as detrimental as one of the hard covers. By that, I mean that if you're out and find a deal you can't pass up, you don't want to have to drive home to offload your bed cover first...
This is mine:

Shot from the manufacturer's site:

Link to their gallery:
TruXedo Lo Pro QT - #1 Selling Soft Roll-up Tonneau Cover

Not sure offhand how much space it takes up when rolled but I think it's less then 8" but not by much.

The mechanism detaches really easy so if you needed all the bed space you could roll up the cover, remove it and stash it somewhere in the vehicle - behind the seats or whatever.

Some people say that they freeze in the winter and are difficult to roll up - I didn't find that to be the case in weather that was below freezing but not like arctic cold or anything.

Cheap vinyl cover on my other truck lasted almost 20 years so this one should do OK.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:53 AM
MCDavis
Post Fiend
Joe...I too was concerned about winter-time use. I found no issues with snow, sleet and ice that we got here in VA. I did however purchase a bottle of Truxedo's Pro-Tex protectant spray and it's great stuff. I followed the instructions on the bottle and it cleaned the cover like a charm a few weeks ago. Looks great now, and has a nice low luster shine to it.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Joe Rotax
New User
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
...I did however purchase a bottle of Truxedo's Pro-Tex protectant spray and it's great stuff. I followed the instructions on the bottle and it cleaned the cover like a charm a few weeks ago. Looks great now, and has a nice low luster shine to it.
Good to know. I was wondering what to clean it with and didn't want to use armor all.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:48 PM
tonymansfield
New User
tonymansfield is starting off with a positive reputation.
I love the Bakflip. A little more pricey, but a great cover.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:42 PM
efx4
Posting Guru
efx4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.efx4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The Truxedo with the flat top and built in bars is what my other truck had and I'm going to order the same thing for my new one. The only thing I didn't like was that the bed rail clamps barley fit to the tonneau frame. Oh, and the adhesive was getting soft from the summer sun and making the velcro strips move, so I installed a small stainless screw about every few inches or so on the strip to keep it in place. After 5 and a half years on the truck, it still was in very good condition, so it must be made with good long term quality.