1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Check out this little model!!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Check out this little model!!

Check this out. He even reproduced the typical rust holes and the rotted out bed. Even put a little flathead six in it. This is cool.

Building A Ford Flathead Six Engine

Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 AM
tardster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mountaindoc
Check this out. He even reproduced the typical rust holes and the rotted out bed. Even put a little flathead six in it. This is cool.

Building A Ford Flathead Six Engine
Back in the days when I was younger I did that stuff. I use to take piano wire and run it through the drive shaft, engine and tranny to the fan blade. I had it hooked up to a small tape recorder motor and a watch battery hidden in the trunk so the fan blade would spin. Its hard to do models now since I don't have the steadiness like I did when I was younger...

Old 03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 604 Likes on 376 Posts
I guess I don't understand completely, apparently the Ford kit had a V8 engine? A lot of trouble to "make" a flat 6! The finish on that truck helps it look to scale. Sometimes shiny finish looks out of proportion.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
funny

It's seems funny that we spend countless hours to make our trucks shiny and new, then turn around and make our shiny new models look like rust buckets! Very cool and props for making such a nice representation of my truck....
Wade

Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
I know the exact truck he modeled this model after. I saw it sitting in the north side storage place back around that time. It had to the trucks, there can't be very many '50 Ford trucks sitting in a storage place on the north side of Milwaukee. I was always planning to go back and find out who owned it and see if it could be bought. I doubt if it's still there, I'll have to take a ride past it some day. The storage charges for that truck, if it's still there, would have added over $8100 to the cost of the truck. My brother paid $40 a month for over three years to store a ten year old wash machine, some people aren't too bright.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:02 AM
petey shoes
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pretty impressive. put that in a diarama, take a pic or two, and it could pass for real.

Search this Thread