Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Bolt hole measurement

Old 03-16-2019, 08:46 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Mark, I just read this thread tonight and saw that your wife has pancreatitis. My Dad had that in the mid 90s. He had a psuedo-cyst on his pancreas. Drs were afraid to remove the pancreas for fear of the pseudo-cyst would burst sending toxins all through his body. He was in a hospital or a rest home for months. Then we sent him to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore the best hospital in the East for pancreatitis. Operation was successful.

I'm glad to read your wife is on the upswing and on her way to recovery.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:41 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks Phillip,
I'll keep them in mind if I ever need leather upholstery. The new seats are like new. I feel lucky they arrived in such good shape.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:54 AM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all
Hi Mark. I've been following your wife's health struggles as well and am very glad to hear that maybe the worst is behind her now. Our lives are always in God's hands, and come what may, we can depend on His promises to us. We live in a fallen world, and we cannot always avoid pain and suffering, but we can trust that God is ultimately in control, and His will for us will be done.

Romans 8:28, and really all of Romans 8, is a good place to turn for perspective on God's promises amid life's struggles.

I'll be praying for your wife's recovery!

Jim

Old 03-17-2019, 06:04 AM
Badmoonreizen
Senior User
Badmoonreizen has a good reputation on FTE.Badmoonreizen has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks Abe and Jim for thinking of my wife and I and her travails.This have been a living nightmare for 1 month today. Sixth surgery on Friday and now she needs to heal, albeit slowly. I want her well and then back to the COE!

Regards, Mark.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:24 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.
Hi Mark,
Not much new here. Just checking up on your Mrs. Hopefully she's make a steady recovery.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:42 PM
Badmoonreizen
Senior User
Badmoonreizen has a good reputation on FTE.Badmoonreizen has a good reputation on FTE.
She is still in critical care (fifth week) and still on a ventilator. They are going to do a tracheostomy tomorrow. Unfortunately she is still extremely ill. Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts..
regards, Mark.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:50 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Praying for the best buddy.
Ken.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User

Everything will fit. It's tight but cozy. I'm moving the steering wheel up and forward a couple inches. I need to pick up some 1"X2" tubing to replace the 1"X3" that's there now. FYI none of the mounting holes are parallel or the same spacing on the OEM Ford seats. What the heck are they thinking?

Old 04-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Originally Posted by Badmoonreizen View Post
She is still in critical care (fifth week) and still on a ventilator. They are going to do a tracheostomy tomorrow. Unfortunately she is still extremely ill. Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts..
regards, Mark.
Mark,
Any good news buddy? Sure hope so.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:23 AM
Badmoonreizen
Senior User
Hi guys:
A quick update- My wife has been in the ICU, on life support for 7 weeks. The chief surgeon came into the room yesterday and told me that initially her chances of living were 10%, but now she is at 90%+. She is off the ventilator and he plans on taking her off 24 hour dialysis soon. Vital signs are stable. She still can't talk because of the tracheostomy, but they are going to re-do it and place it lower so she can communicate. They don't know what they are in for once she starts speaking!!.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. My buddies are coming over Sunday to work on the COE and get me back in the groove. First time in two months I am able to think of something else-a good mental health day.

Regards, Mark.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:38 AM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all
Mark, thanks so much for the update, and thank you too for sharing and allowing us to be a part of of your wife's struggle to regain her health. We will all continue to pray for her complete recovery. It isn't always easy to understand (or accept) what can all happen to us in this life, but we can always trust in God's promises (Romans 8).

Take care, and it's good to hear you will be getting back to working on your truck again!

Jim

Old 04-13-2019, 06:52 AM
Badmoonreizen
Senior User
Thanks Jim. I found that sharing with my friends, FTEr's included, was a catharsis , helping me to cope with a disaster. All the well wishes and prayers were of great comfort to me.

Regards, Mark.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:47 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Mark,
What Jim said! So glad to hear she has improved. I've been praying for the best but was worried because you hadn't said anything. I'm happy you feel like getting back to work on your COE. Thanks for the update, and keep the pictures of your COE coming.
Your friend,
Ken.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:13 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Mark, that is good news. Thank God as we see the power of prayer.

Was her pancreas removed?