1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

WIPERS HALF WAY RIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WIPERS HALF WAY RIGHT

I was hoping someone has a cure for this. As you see in the first pic. Thats as far as it go's up and pic. # 2 is as far as it go's down but when you turn it on it will go further down Then start up. In these pics. the passenger side isn't installed but it was put on later and it seems to be ok. Is there some way to adjust them from under the dash. Cause thats as good as it gets from any adjustment you can do on the outside. Bought it from Classic Haulers .I called them today but nobody was home.

Attached Images   
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
is it running into anything ??my wipers were frozen when I got my truck ..after cleaning and greasing it ..they would go right off the windshield..found out I had the lever wrong way round..that might be it..and are you vacume or electric ??

Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
I'm afraid that on rainy days, you'll have to drive scooted over to the center of your truck. On the other hand, I'm assuming you won't be driving in the rain???? Speaking of wipers, I received your package today. THANKS!!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
electric

they are electric ken and i'm sure i will get caught in the rain tom. Its almost summer showers time here in florida.When you live 30 miles off the coast it gets hot in the day then about 2 pm it pulls the cool air in from the gulf and BAM you got a lighten storm. Florida has more lighten stricks then any were on earth. Thats what i read anyway. Has anyone that put these electric wiper in there truck had this too deal with or am i just the lucky first?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Wow, there would have to be some kind of adjustment, that just isn't enough travel. Heck, what is that 35 - 40 degrees at most?

I'm not familiar with the kit but I would imagine there are some sort of limits that could be adjusted

Bobby

Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
sorry mine are stock vacum but there are a lot of guy's here that will be helping you soon..the just need to get off work ..or up from their nap....

Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 PM
JRMack
Senior User
Not hijacking the thread just making a comment

I lived in West Palm beach for two winters...and i loved that at about 2-3 it would cloud up, rain like the dickens and then clear up an hour later. I was working with horses at the time so it was a great way to cool off for a bit...Ahh i miss those days!

Sorry i don't have anything of use to say about your wipers. Have never had a problem with mine so its something i haven't taken apart yet. Hope you get it resolved soon...Florida rain is nothing to mess with. Only place i have been that i had wished my wipers would go faster than the highest setting!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
nned a pic.

Anyone got a electric wiper kit for there truck and havn't put it in yet. I need a pic. PLEASE

Old 03-08-2011, 06:08 PM
59JEEPSTANG
Senior User
All you need to do is close your left eye.......hope this helps. Seriously, could left and right side be mixed up somehow? That seems about how much the right side should travel.

Paul

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
jokes

How bout i take my left leg off and beat you with it ? lol Maybe you could ride on top with the wiper in your lefthand !!!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Here's the pic from Classic Haulers;

I don't see any obvious adjustments anywhere. From the looks of it there's not much you can do. I can't tell how the linkage hooks up to the motor in this pic, was there any kind of adjustment there, all the other points are fixed. If there is a way to make the linkage longer at the motor I think it would translate into a broader sweep of the wipers...I think

Bobby

Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 289 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by arrowheadfred
How bout i take my left leg off and beat you with it ? lol Maybe you could ride on top with the wiper in your lefthand !!!

Photos, please!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
THANKS

thanks BOBBY

Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 AM
lorolr
Senior User
If I remember right, Mid 50's has a tech blurb on adjusting the wiper arm swing. Their site has a neat tech portion you can click on with a bunch of good info. I'm assuming that the info is transferable between F-100 and F-1's. Bill

Old 03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Mike's Fine 50
Freshman User
I had a wiper assemble in my 50 that I bought back in the mid 90”s that looks the same as the one pictured. It looks like they are made by the same manufacture. In fact your picture shows pretty much how mine worked. The driver side was always an issue to me. The sweep was short on the top side and it parked in a high position. The instruction that came with the unit told how to adjust the park by loosening the motor arm (which is splined) and moving it. But in doing so I found that the sweep also was affected, so I left it as is because I mostly use the truck on nice days. On this rebuild I am installing air conditioning and the wiper assembly was in the way, so I replaced it with a unit from Rain Gear for a 50 with the cowl vent which tucks up high and left of where the original motor was. A little pricey, but a stout unit and well worth the money. I had a little problem fitting it in and called them and they responded right away. In fact they came to my house (it is made just an hour north of me) and made the adjustments. It sure opens up that area now. I hope this helps. Mike

Quick Reply: WIPERS HALF WAY RIGHT