Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

has this happened to any of you?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 PM
lamenytro
Senior User
lamenytro is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question has this happened to any of you?

today i was going to open my hood, so i pulld the hood release latch, and of course it broke. and does anyone know how to fix it

Tyler

Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 AM
gnurider666
New User
gnurider666 is starting off with a positive reputation.
yea that happened to me in my 91 f150. So i went to the junkyard and got a used one from a 95. 4$ and works great. or if your cable is still attached pliers work to pull it

Old 03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
mine was broke when i got the truck. so when i did my repaint i replaced it with a new one from ford. i forget how much it was but it was well worth it! lol

Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
lamenytro
Senior User
lamenytro is starting off with a positive reputation.
my dad pulled it out while i was a school and we called ford $80 i called a junkers and $10 if they find one. so we re-routed the cable out the hood so i can drive to school and can open te hood lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.