Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE Style Clear Parking Turn Signal Lights (Recall)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 02:26 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
Cool OE Style Clear Parking Turn Signal Lights (Recall)

This is probably why we can no longer buy them.

They don't have an amber reflector on the corner. Geez, the white reflector is good enough. I wonder what the compliant replacement lamps are, stock amber ones.

I don't know why all those are recalled, but all the other hideous lights which don't have amber reflectors are not.

EAGLE EYES FR110-U00W2 Recall ID:18042 - Vehicle Safety Recall Information for EAGLE EYES FR110-U00W2

EAGLE EYES FR110-U00W2 Recall - Recall ID 88309

NHTSA Campaign Number: 08E053000
Vehicle/Equipment Make: EAGLE EYES
Vehicle/Eqipment Model: FR110-U00W2
Model Year: n/a
Mfg Campaign Number:
Mfg Component Desc: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS
Mfg Involved in Recall: EAGLE EYES TRAFFIC INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD
Manufacture Dates:
Type of Report: (E) Vehicle
Potential # of Units Affected: 404,546
Date Owner Notified by Mfg:
Recall Initiated By: OVSC
Mfg Responsible for Recall: EAGLE EYES TRAFFIC INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD
Report Recieved Date: 08-19-08
Record Creation Date: 08-25-08
Regulation Part Number: 571
FMVSS Number: 108
Defect Summary: EAGLE EYES IS RECALLING 404,546 HEADLAMP ASSEMBLIES OF VARIOUS PART NUMBERS SOLD FOR USE AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES. THESE HEADLAMPS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT." THESE HEADLAMPS DO NOT CONTAIN THE REQUIRED AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS.
Consequence Summary: DECREASED LIGHTING VISIBILITY MAY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
Corrective Summary: EAGLE EYES WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER CONPLIANT REPLACEMENT HEADLAMPS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT EAGLE EYES AT 1-800-568-1098.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:25 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Then why I keep seeing the chevy guys swapping out their amber lights for clears?

-Wes

Old 03-05-2011, 07:09 AM
L. Ward
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once again bureaucracy raises its lovely head. Most likely, someone somewhere had a set in a truck and got in an accident, the accident report noted that the truck had aftermarket lights on it and some lawyer spotted that and said "Hey, I can sue the light manufacturer for a couple million for this being a non-compliant light!!" which also results in the NHSTA being notified of non compliance on the part, and the rest is history. Of course in the process, the real reason for the accident is ignored... whether it being someone didn't have their lights on when they should have, or were driving with burnt out bulbs, or the truck or car just pulled out without looking (in which case 'reflectivity' would have been useless anyways!)

Thats also the reason the clear non-grid ones will eventually be taken off the market, as they have no amber reflectivity either. It's also the reason you can't find a stock style tailight that is clear/white instead of red.

People like that who do stupid stuff and then want to sue/blame it on others remind me of a friend of mines father who used to say "If you need a lawyer and a warning label to tell you not to take a toaster into the bathtub, then maybe you should take a toaster into the bathub!"

Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Well said WARD

Old 03-05-2011, 09:17 AM
92nite351
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by L. Ward
People like that who do stupid stuff and then want to sue/blame it on others remind me of a friend of mines father who used to say "If you need a lawyer and a warning label to tell you not to take a toaster into the bathtub, then maybe you should take a toaster into the bathub!"
def well put....bastar#$

Old 03-05-2011, 09:46 AM
CWPottenger
Senior User
That's the truth!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Kapusta
Cargo Master
Received 1,715 Likes on 641 Posts
Who the heck would even want to buy that chinese made crap. I bet most of that aftermarket stuff doesn't meet DOT regs.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:00 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
I think alot of people need to follow this suggestion. I don't know why so many people want to find a reason to take legal action on everything.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:04 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Kapusta
Who the heck would even want to buy that chinese made crap. I bet most of that aftermarket stuff doesn't meet DOT regs.
I like the clear parking lights. Mine are made in Taiwan not China. So thats a tad better. Alot of the parts we get are not made here. It doesn't take alot to meet DOT regs so, I don't think there is big any problem with that. Where its produced has little effect on whether or not it meets DOT requirements. The stock OE style aftermarket lights meet DOT regs. As for the custom type ones, I doubt any of them do. Basically its not where its made, its how its made.

I agree though, that I would much rather have stuff that is made here. I wish that there weren't so many things made in China.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I bet most of that aftermarket stuff doesn't meet DOT regs.
And that is the point of the recall

Old 03-07-2011, 08:17 AM
drjoe171
Senior User
Plagerism!!

Someone suggested taking all the warning stickers off of everything
in the hopes that it would improve the gene pool.

and changing the requirement from showing ID to showing an IQ card
when buying tools and other 'dangerous' things.

Someone stuck their hand UNDER my neighbors riding mower while it was running..lifted the shield covering the blades and stuck their hand under there.

I'M being sued for 1/2 mil because it happened on a corner of MY property 1,000 yards away.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Kapusta
Cargo Master
Received 1,715 Likes on 641 Posts
Too bad that guy didn't stick his head under the mower. It would have solved part of the problem.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I for one would like to see a lot more of this non compliant crap removed from the market place. It has zero place on a road. At night, I am looking for Amber lights / reflectors to place the front of the vehicle and Red lights / reflectors to place the rear end of the vehicle.

Anything else at night on a dark road just confuses the issue, and frankly since we all have to follow the same rules, what gives me, or anyone else the right to disregard basic safety lighting?

BTW - clear lights can be made compliant, so I not against them in paticular, just all non DOT compliant stuff when used on the road.

And I will add, this is nothing new, the Amber and Red lights and reflector standards have been in place for over 40 years!

My two cents, David

Old 03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
Too bad that guy didn't stick his head under the mower. It would have solved part of the problem.
Something about you can't fix stupid comes to mind.... what is it about rotating sharp blades that makes people want to stick body parts in there?

David

Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 AM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Taiwan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
I like the clear parking lights. Mine are made in Taiwan not China. So thats a tad better. Alot of the parts we get are not made here. It doesn't take alot to meet DOT regs so, I don't think there is big any problem with that. Where its produced has little effect on whether or not it meets DOT requirements. The stock OE style aftermarket lights meet DOT regs. As for the custom type ones, I doubt any of them do. Basically its not where its made, its how its made.

I agree though, that I would much rather have stuff that is made here. I wish that there weren't so many things made in China.

Quick Reply: OE Style Clear Parking Turn Signal Lights (Recall)