new boss snowplow installed today - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

new boss snowplow installed today

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new boss snowplow installed today

Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 PM
m350
Posting Guru
m350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We just recently looked at the Boss 8.2 VXT Plows,,,,What we did'nt get,,, was How does it trip when in V or Scoop Mode,,,I know it has the 4(I think) trip springs in the center,,but how will it trip in Scoop or V configuration,,???,looks un-likely,,,,and did you price those molded 4' cutting Edges,,,,,,,,,,,,,them sum-bitch's are $ 400.-- per side,,Yikes !!

Large spring to pull the blade to V config,,,,Hydraulic ram to raise and lower,,,they want the truck mount hight around 14.5 off the Ground,,,what about un-even ground when removing it?

There are small spring clips on the plow mounting pins(hold pins open) the salesman said they have bent a few of these,,,,Good Luck

Hard to Beat a Fisher MM from what we looked at !!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tjhunter-jeepman View Post
You are almost there! Use these commands "[IMG]"yourdirectlinkhere"[/IMG]" and the direct link url from your photobucket account. You will need to get rid of the ""

Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru
Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
BTW -- that red sure is purty! Almost a perfect match!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru
You might also want to pick up some Fluid Film and spray your blade. It will help a lot with the rust.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Onsight
Freshman User
Onsight is starting off with a positive reputation.

Here you can see how I cut the valance to fit around the Boss undercarriage.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 PM
jack_pine
Elder User
jack_pine is starting off with a positive reputation.
This may be a stupid question (not my first)
When I bought my 04 I thought someone said I could not put a plow on a F350 crew cab diesel, something to do with the front end weight. Is there any truth to that?

At the cabin up north I would love to have a plow and when we retire there would have to have one.

How mush does the mount hurt the ground clearance? My neighbor up there complains about that with his Dodge. But he loves the Boss and so do I.

Obviously not a lot of experience with plows, so be gentle...

Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
Tjhunter-jeepman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jack_pine View Post
This may be a stupid question (not my first)
When I bought my 04 I thought someone said I could not put a plow on a F350 crew cab diesel, something to do with the front end weight. Is there any truth to that?

At the cabin up north I would love to have a plow and when we retire there would have to have one.

How mush does the mount hurt the ground clearance? My neighbor up there complains about that with his Dodge. But he loves the Boss and so do I.

Obviously not a lot of experience with plows, so be gentle...
first off, i believe the 08 diesels were not to have plows because of a frame issue, which is not a issue now, i got that imfo from the boss plow dealer, as far as the mount, it sticks down about two inches below the valance. which i also cut to fit around the mount and installed myself, so i dont really like the clearance of the mount either, but it doesnt sit any lower than the punkin and probally would save you on your valance anyhow, good luck with your decision, just a note, i had a boss snow plow on all my other trucks too, the one i got rid off i bought used for 2500.00, had it for 12 years, sold it for 2000.00 I would of kept it for this truck, but the mount or wiring harness didnt fit, and ford gave me 1000 dollars toward the plow for a upfitter rebate, that was pretty sweet too, good luck

Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Tjhunter-jeepman
Junior User
Tjhunter-jeepman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Onsight View Post

that is one sweet ride, beautiful truck, wish i could see your valance alittle better, i cut mine to fit nice and neat around the pc that sticks out, but the plow itself hit the valance when putting it on, so i cut the opening about three inches wide to let the plow go in, is that how you did yours? nice truck again, love it

Old 03-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Onsight
Freshman User
Onsight is starting off with a positive reputation.
I cut mine tight - the plow does hit the valance, but the valance moves back and comes back into place when you remove the plow.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Fireworks-22
New User
Fireworks-22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you have a leveling kit on your truck?

Do you have a leveling kit on your truck?

Old 01-08-2017, 04:43 PM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
Someone has been in the basement digging through old posts.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:28 PM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tjhunter-jeepman View Post
first off, i believe the 08 diesels were not to have plows because of a frame issue, which is not a issue now, i got that imfo from the boss plow dealer,
That is the first time I heard that. Here was my old truck with a western 8ft straight blade. I think the only difference in snow plow prep package is that you get the heavier rated front springs and heavy duty alternator or dual alternators. The camper package adds a rear sway bar. And I am sure it has something to do with Fords warranty, if you are plowing with the softer rated front springs they will most likely not cover you.

I would love to get a V plow... so much more efficient than a straight blade. I just haven't been able to cough up the cash for it.

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  89.9 KB

Old 01-12-2018, 07:07 PM
cgrmac
New User
cgrmac is starting off with a positive reputation.
Valance

Great looking truck. Great job. Do you have any other photos of the valance? Measurements also wound be heplpfull. Thanks

Old 01-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
cgrmac, the pic is from 2011. The original poster has not been on here since 2014. Nice revival though, I like the pic too !