Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

header help needed

Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 PM
bighalt56
Junior User
bighalt56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
header help needed

I have a 56 f100 with 78 volare frontend and a sbc in it. Want to find some headers for it with out alot of fabricating involved. What are yall using in this setup?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:44 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by bighalt56 View Post
I have a 56 f100 with 78 volare frontend and a sbc in it. Want to find some headers for it with out alot of fabricating involved. What are yall using in this setup?
sanderson is the only one that really makes an out of the box solution..

sam

Old 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM
bighalt56
Junior User
Thanks sam was lookin for something close. I will check them out.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
raerjim
Posting Guru
raerjim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Where are you? I called Sanderson last week for a set for my Volare clipped 55 W/351w, powdered inside and out. 430$ I'm gonna go ahead and set them, as I 'll be pulling my motor in the next couple weeks for a rebuild. Bought the overhaul kit from Summit with .30 over hypereutectic slugs, a mild Crane cam and lifters,timing chain and gears etc.. I pretty much have everything else, including a set of new Windsor SR. heads from World Products. We love pics, so I'll post some when I start.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:23 PM
BBKtech2
Senior User
BBKtech2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
With the Volare, if you haven't mounted the engine yet, offset it 1 1/2" to the passengerside and it will help with header fitment on the driverside at the steering box.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 PM
bighalt56
Junior User
Im in s.e.texas and the motor is in alreadygonna check with stahl and with sandersons

Old 03-05-2011, 02:13 PM
truckeemtnfords
Postmaster
truckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud of
My 55 with the volare style suspension and SBF is running standard SBF mustang headers. I have installed to many pairs of SBC headers when I worked at a speed shop back in the day and bet you could probably use a pair of standard SBC headers for a camaro in you truck with either no or little modification, but then again if you are loaded buy the Sandersons or some other name brand.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:46 PM
bighalt56
Junior User
Found me some pretty close for a nova gonna try to make them work. Thanks for everyones suggestions

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.