1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

1966 ford F100resto project

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Dylanpan214
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks dad, ps i hope its nice enough out to work on the truck tomorrow, especially when we got that new Holley manifold =)

Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
shortwide
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great work Dylan!

You so much remind me of myself at that age. I was consumed with old cars and trucks, and spent ALL of my time digging into them like you're doing in these photos.

I'm just past the 40 mark now and it hasn't let up at all.

We'll be looking forward to seeing more of your progress as you go along.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by forddude66
Hey im new here but i have a 66 too, i was wondering if you got the floor pans from somewhere or if you made them?
Hey Dude, you can order floor pans from Carolina classics....

Carolina Classics, Obsolete Ford Truck Parts, truck part, ford truck part, truck body parts, classic truck part, pickup truck part, old truck part, classic ford truck part, antique truck part, old ford truck part, auto truck part, ford truck restorat

And Welcome to FTE.

Nice job on the truck Dylan!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Harleyyoungster
New User
the Harley looks good too

Old 03-06-2011, 06:21 AM
RottenRon
Senior User
Go for it mate.

Good job Dylan. Go for it. No matter what, do the best you can. In the end, you'll enjoy it more and be a lot happier. I you don't know something, pick someones brains. There's plenty here willing to help.

It took me about 10 months or so, but mine was pretty good to start with. Very pleased about that. But, I got there.
Check her out,
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/members/rottenron-albums-finally+done.html

Remember,,,,
If you think you can,,, or you think you can't,,,, you're probably right.
The moral,, according to RottenRon,,,, it's better to think you can.

Have fun with the old girl mate.

Cheers, Ron.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 AM
nice1960f250
Senior User
i bet there isnt many like that here in atlanta damn nice truck.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:56 PM
forddude66
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Dylanpan214
ford dude, i got many of the metal pieces from LMC trucks, theyre a very dependable ford restoration parts and a few pieces i made myself with same thickness as the plates. Lmc parts isnt the exact same size so there was some cutting an hammering required but the end result was worth it, and its covered in rustprotection paint so that's a perk. if you go to LMCtrucks.com i think you can order a free catalog from there.
yeah? i get lmc ive just never seen floor pans in there. ill check agian

Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
connvicted64f100
New User
Truck looks great. Wish my dad had been around when I was this age. It's okay cause now I'm 22 and he's doing most of the leg work on my 64 while I'm stationed over here in Germany

Old 03-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Dylanpan214
Freshman User
Originally Posted by RottenRon
Good job Dylan. Go for it. No matter what, do the best you can. In the end, you'll enjoy it more and be a lot happier. I you don't know something, pick someones brains. There's plenty here willing to help.

It took me about 10 months or so, but mine was pretty good to start with. Very pleased about that. But, I got there.
Check her out,
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/members/rottenron-albums-finally+done.html

Remember,,,,
If you think you can,,, or you think you can't,,,, you're probably right.
The moral,, according to RottenRon,,,, it's better to think you can.

Have fun with the old girl mate.

Cheers, Ron.
wow, really nice job on that 350, i think its real cool with it being in australia so the steerin wheel is on the opposite side, thats a REALLY unique ford, dont ever give it up, it looks great, ps i like that red, what color red is that?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Dylanpan214
Freshman User
The motor IS IN the truck now!

Alright, after several months of work, i know i havent posted anything recently too but i took the bed off the 66, thats the next BIG project on the truck, and i fully completed the Cab, with the help of my father too. Both doors are completed as you can see here

Then i got a new transmission Yesterday, its a C6. dont know the year, i dont know how to make the speedometer work with this trans with the old spdmeter on the truck already, and i dont know what it can do, i know it has Drive,reverse, park, neutral but i dont know about anyhing else, and i need help making this work with the radiator, but i took several photos so i would like some help on the Transmission please.

then i connected the Transmission with the 351 motor last night with my dad, it was not...easy...at all............ then we got ready to put it in the truck then the hydraulic lift broke, then after 10-15 minutes of fumbling around in the dark with a small light and a hammer, we fixed it up with the motor still on the lift then put it into the truck,it looks AWESOME now, and everything is connected and lined up perfectly.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Tobys351.9
Senior User
Keep up the good work!

That has come a long way, Lookin' real good. I envy you not just for the work but having an old man that's willing to do it with you. My father was always somewhere else but that doesn't bother me anymore.
You will never forget it. Good job Dad. There's a lot of summer left too!
Hey, Rotten Ron really has it going on with that 34 gallon fuel tank don't he?
That is the coolest tank application I have seen on one of these trucks yet.
I saw a cab for sale on Ebay in CA. yesterday for $225. and thought, man I would grab that in a NJ. minute if I were nearby, but all of the work you two are doing is honing skills. If you can't buy it, make it or fake it.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 PM
RottenRon
Senior User
Originally Posted by Dylanpan214
wow, really nice job on that 350, i think its real cool with it being in australia so the steerin wheel is on the opposite side, thats a REALLY unique ford, dont ever give it up, it looks great, ps i like that red, what color red is that?
Thanks mate.

My, ol girl, (the truck, lol), wasn't a private import to Oz, but a Ford Australia offering. I think they were assembled here.

Anyway, I been into old cars and trucks since I was 16, and now I'm 57. I've had over 150 cars and trucks in that time. (greedy?,,,lol)
This truck of mine was the first project that my son and I finished. Daniel and I started this project, just as he finished his apprenticeship as a panel beater/spry painter, (kinda handy aye). The color by the way is Red Pepper, not a factory color.

I never had an old man when I was younger, so I envy you the opportunity to work on your truck with your dad. I'm just pleased I've been able to do it the other way round and work with my boy now.

Wouldn't it be fantastic to get more fathers involved with their kids this way.
You're doing a great job mate, and you should feel very proud of yourself. It's great to see father and son relationships work this way. Pat your old man on the back for me please.

Keep it up young man. With determination and a work ethic like yours, I believe you have a real bright future. Keep it up.

Cheers, Ron.

PS Like most of us watching your build, I cant wait to see the finished result.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Dylanpan214
Freshman User
Transmission

Thanks ron, do you know anything about this transmission? or do you know anyone who would? because i need to know how to make the speedometer to work with it and i need to find a shifter,and information about it
PGD-JK4, F2UP-BA
this is the tag for the trans. if anyone couldnt read it.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Dylanpan214
Freshman User
MORE WORK!!!!!

Hey guys, in the past couple of days we did a lot, got the motor and transmission in, found out the transmission is a 1996 C6 Transmission, which is perfect because the 351 Windsor is a 1996....just my luck!

The Fenders has been primed and ready!

then i just por-15ed the inside of the fenders, gettin ready to put a lot of the body back onto the truck!
Then i got to work on the Bed-more por 15ing of course, but then i had to stop because we had a really intense thunderstorm....

Old 07-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Dylanpan214
Freshman User
The Horror of the BED

its badly rusted in areas, so I'm por15ing areas that are good so it wont rust any further while we work on the bed.

The horrror!

Startin to paint it, not bad.

Quick Reply: 1966 ford F100resto project