Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Motor Mount Bushings

Old 02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.
Motor Mount Bushings

I am installing my 223 back into the 1954 truck soon. I purchased new mounts but I couldn't find some bushings for sale that the Ford parts list show were used. My question is can I replace the motor mount bushings with sleeve bushings? Can I replace with nylon or bronze bushings or should I stay with steel? Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:56 PM
ibuzzard
Gone But Not Forgotten
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Many times,the parts numbers have been changed by Ford.NumberDummy is able to give you the last part number used,and will probably find you some,if they're still available.Not sure if it would be wise to substitute,but you might try PMing the Dummy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.