Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

rebuild a 9'' rearend

Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
rebuild a 9'' rearend

I was told that i would need to replace everything in my rearend because i have a 275 gear and i'm changing it to a 370. I thought all i needed was a 370 gear and pinion. If this is true i will get it from summit . Any sugestions on what i should get ?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Marty Smilt
Senior User
Marty Smilt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fred,
If the bearings are OK the only thing you will need is a ring, pinion and shim kit. There are several write-ups on the rebuilding process. I personally don't change the gasket when I change ratios - - BUT --- I have been known to change ratios twice in one night of racing. (from quarter mile oval to half mile oval) Two tracks ten miles apart.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.