Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

anyone seen this guy

Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mountaindoc View Post
20 years ago, this whole little incident MIGHT have made a local newspaper. Nowadays, you can't go take a leak without it making it to CNN or youtube. And I personally think this world is suffering from way too much information overload. Ignorance was bliss back then. We lived happier lives. If it didn't make it to the 6 or 6:30 news, we didn't care.
I agree 110%. The vast majority of the scares are blown out of proportion because the the instant media. Most of the scares later are proved to be false or way overblown. 40 years ago something would happen in town and would stay in the general location, now it makes national news within an hour. Also add to it the eagerness of the news reporters wanting to beat the competition.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
Maybe the officers specail lady cut him off or else he needs some angle management classes .

Old 02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
iwanaflattie
Posting Guru
iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.
well guys i aske him if he was the officer on you tube he said yes.i asked him if he got in trouble he said yes.i asked him what did they do to him, he said hes waiting for his punishment.it was the real deal.
he let a german guy go with out a ticket and the guy was doing 95.
i gave an old guy a ride in the back of my truck for 1/2 a block he gives me a 200 ticket.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
I am really surprised by this video and the CHP officer's actions. I have lived in this state for 43 years now (damn I'm getting old) and I have yet to run into a CHP officer who hasn't been polite and professional. I know that not all are saints, Craig Peyer comes to mind, but as with any profession there's always the 1%. The driver was obviously in the wrong and I know that law enforcement in this state really frowns on excessive speed, but I hope that this officer gets the book thrown at him.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 PM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
We in Wisconsin are currently experiencing protests by government worker because our new governor is trying to rein in costs by making the workers pay a little toward the health insurance and pensions. The protesters are making a$$es out of themselves and there are doctors standing on street corners, with big signs offering bogus sick day excuses. It's all showing up on the interenet and the amazing thing is they're all proud of themselves.

From what I've heard the protest aren't about paying more for the health insurance and pensions. The protest is about your governor is trying to remove collective bargaining on everything but salary. The protesters have already said they have no problem paying more. They just don't want to loose their right to collective bargaining.

Here's some more reading about your Governor. On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy - Yahoo! News

I'm not going to say any more on this just to keep the politics off the site.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
HT32BSX115
Postmaster
HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.HT32BSX115 has a great reputation on FTE.
The CHP officer sounded a little irritated I guess....... 28mph over the posted speed limit was probably as big a deal as almost exceeding 100 mph was!

If he had been going over 100 mph, the officer could have arrested him impounded the car and took him to jail!!

If the officer worked for me, he would get disciplined for 2 reasons. Professionalism and NOT writing the guy a ticket for going 98 MPH!!

And maybe for stupidity too!!

This is 2011.

Any police officer/State Patrol officer that doesn't think he/she is going to be on Youtube every time they pull someone over is just plain stupid!!

Cheers,

Rick

Old 02-23-2011, 07:25 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
I agree Rick, the tourist was endangering the public, so I can't blame him for being irritated. No reason the guy shouldn't have been given a tour of SoCal's penal system in action.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Justin16
Junior User
Justin16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just have to say one thing for the cop. The german guy will remember not to speed from now on.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM
BACAGrizz
Posting Guru
BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah, he's a jerk alright.

Originally Posted by Justin16 View Post
I just have to say one thing for the cop. The german guy will remember not to speed from now on.
I doubt that. They were laughing as he walked away.