1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Does This Make Me A Bad Person?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
As long as it's not something that is going to hurt someone else, who really cares what it looks like. If it's something that makes the builder happy then good for them. If you don't like it, then buy it to save all those precious parts!!

Now building something that is unsafe/dangerous, etc. I agree that just stupid.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
rat rods

this both are called rat rods.to mt the first one is the devils puke.
the second one is still respectable

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage
Does This Make Me A Bad Person?
No,hanging out with people like us makes you a bad person!

Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage

Ford : F-100 - eBay (item 190505095335 end time Mar-01-11 13:18:26 PST)

Every time I see one of these jacked up hillbilly monstrosities I want to buy a plane ticket, fly out to the builder/owner's place, and kick him squarely in the nuts. I wish these yo-yo's would quit cutting up Bonus Built trucks and ruining good parts to build these ridiculous fad-mobiles. Every last one I've seen shows a complete and total lack of creativity and craftsmanship. I guess that's why they "build" them. They don't possess the skill or care enough to make the effort to build a real truck. It's far easier to poorly execute a clone of what you saw at a car show.

Now ask me how I really feel!
WHY, WHY, WHY,.......If a front was needed so badly for this crap machine, there is a whole bunch of chevy plastic sitting over there in the garage. It is a lot easier and less time consuming to whack away at that than butcher original steel. Now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 PM
reed1951
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
this both are called rat rods.to mt the first one is the devils puke.
the second one is still respectable
I like the Dodge! I really like how they used a leaf spring for a front bumper

Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Old 02-24-2011, 01:04 AM
badger_hound
Laughing Gas
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeesh! Puke pancake at that. I kinda expect the road warrior to show up with the keys to that one.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
That is what is called a shock rod. Just done in a **** poor way just to shock people without regard to being able to drive it. What a collosal waste of time. That is pure garbage. The shame of it is the concept could have been cool if done correctly.....It is crap like that which gives rodding a bad name. Unforntunately the magazines and stuff latch on to these abortions and use them to sell magazines and ignore something of less shock value but built exceedingly well.

Nobody understands budget better than I but this crap was not built by a real hot rodder/trucker, it was built by an "artist" who obviously had no clue.

jim

Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

i think that the vehicles used on ''mad max'' were better built than this

Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
councilman
Senior User
As long as their not my nuts. Pummel away

Old 02-25-2011, 04:07 PM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 126 Posts
It is amazing to me to read all this stuff. Some people think that is has to be like original to be good, some people put another brand engine in their ride, some replace suspension, steering, brakes and what ever, some people leave it the way it was found by them, all of this is fine. Alot of you who posted are assuming that the current owner destroyed original sheet metal, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Who are any of us to say somebody does or doesn't have any skills just because they have something we do not appreciate it. As long as it is safe I don't care.

For every one of us who has any type of older truck/car that we enjoy there is somebody driving past us in there Lincoln or Cadillac 'truck' that thinks our truck is an old gas guzzling unsafe POS, and 99% of the time they are wrong.

What I am saying is don't be so fast to judge. I don't like every vehicle I see, and I will say things about something I do not like to people that I am with but I would never go on a public forum and blast you or you truck.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
As far as I remember it's still a free country, we're just posting our opinions, and we all have the right to our own opinion. That's what a discussion forum is all about. Or until someone comes along with federal regulations to control them.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
The thing with personal viewpoints is that most people won't be dissuaded by another person expressing their opinion.I know I'm right! LOL! I do dislike the tendency to go so far to the other end of the spectrum in attempting to not offend Anyone..You'll always offend Someone,50% of the world will likely hold an opposing opinion.One example of this,in the extreme,is nearly every child now receiving an award in the classroom, in the name of self-esteem.That demeans the achievements of those who worked hardest.Political correctness,I'm no fan of,especially on this forum.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Trucks with other brand motors get bashed here,but then again, This is a ford forum.I'm the owner of one of those trucks and the only thing i can do about the bashing is bit*c.Everybody has a right to their opinion about me and my truck and i can respect that.
it makes me mad that some people have the advantage of having a well equipped shop and the ability to make a great hot rod but instead they do a vehicle with the only intention to scare''women and kids''.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Everyone's got an opinion, mine's right behind me down below, lol.

I see the ol' Dodge posted, another favorite style of truck of mine. I've got tabs on a panel right now. Just waiting for the cash.

But here's the skinny.... Anyone can do what they want with what they've got, I don't have to like it, but when folks start destroying good metal or haul in vintage tin to the scrapper before attempting to salvage it for restorers, hot rodders, etc.... then I get miffed. I for one wouldn't build a rat rod, know a few that have, but anything I have that's shoddy for parts, gets dished out as just that.... parts. IE: I'd rather sell the grill to someone who needs it instead of making an unsafe frame and slapping it on there upside down, sideways, or whatever.

Quick Reply: Does This Make Me A Bad Person?