1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

photo/attachment upload

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by havi
I still can't get any pic to upload, and that's using firefox and google chrome.

I can, however attach image by using the image window on the go advanced part of post reply.
That it just a link.

Sam

Old 02-22-2011, 09:01 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Yes, that is all I can do as of about a week ago or so. I can upload my pics to photobucket, then link it onto here, like I did with lofomoco's air force truck.

Or right click on a pic, click on view image info, and copy and paste that url into the image icon of the reply box, which is what I just did with Bill's '56 engine picture. As you right click on that pic I linked, you can view image info, and it will show the location where it came from, in this case the jalopy journal. But I can not upload a pic directly, and I'm a supporter. Can't even upload a pic to my gallery.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:59 AM
lorolr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I first posted this thread I was afraid guys would think I was some kind of new guy whiner. Not my intent to stir up trouble. I'm damn glad this site exists! Sometimes I suspect the people who design these sites assume a level of user expertise that's a bit more than the average hobbyist has especially old duffers like me. Like they say "a picture is worth a thousand words", and I would take 2 days to type a thousand words!!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,351 Likes on 1,110 Posts
I`ve sent out another inquiry on this to the site staff.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
lorolr
Senior User
Thanks Fomoko1....By the way, how can you post 34,500 posts and still have hands that work?? :-)

Old 02-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Fomoko1
Originally Posted by lorolr
Thanks Fomoko1....By the way, how can you post 34,500 posts and still have hands that work?? :-)
I`m older than dirt, have no life plus I`ve been here awhile.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:41 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I just figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to upload to my old gallery instead of the album in my garage. Confusing at first but now that I have done it, not too difficult.

I think I remember something about the gallery being deactivated some time ago. I ilke the new way of uploading pictures and embedding them in posts.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:12 AM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
I find it simpler and quicker to just load my pics on a Photobucket account and link them. And I post a lot of pics.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
Originally Posted by havi
I still can't get any pic to upload, and that's using firefox and google chrome.

I can, however attach image by using the image window on the go advanced part of post reply.
This method is what I use. All my photos are on photo bucket and when i post I just use the needed link and they appear just fine. I try to make them a reasonable size while still being able to see the detail. Never have figured out how to use the forum picture post.
jim

Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Fomoko1
I`m being asked for more info about these errors to identify the problem.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
I`m being asked for more info about these errors to identify the problem.
For me:

Pictures will not upload to old gallery. I get a box with a red x in it.

Pictures will upload to new album.

Does that help?

Old 02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Fomoko1
Yes, thank you.
The more info there is the better so post your problems and hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Yes, thank you.
The more info there is the better so post your problems and hopefully it gets fixed soon.
I would ask the techs, what changed about 3 weeks ago? Everything worked fine up until then.

Putting photos on PhotoBucket just so I can link to them is a waste of time. More importantly, if I ever delete them from there (or from a gallery), they disappear from the thread. If they are attached, they are there forever. Go look at JuliesCoolF-1's wiring diagrams to see what I mean.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:38 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
I would ask the techs, what changed about 3 weeks ago? Everything worked fine up until then.

Putting photos on PhotoBucket just so I can link to them is a waste of time. More importantly, if I ever delete them from there (or from a gallery), they disappear from the thread. If they are attached, they are there forever. Go look at JuliesCoolF-1's wiring diagrams to see what I mean.
i agree but I have never been able to figure out how to use the forums picture deal. The steps involved remind me of what is happening at work. We are going to a new data base but the problem is it was done by IT guys without supervison. Which means to them it looks cool as hell but to the end user it is simply not practical. I believe if I worked at it I could figure out the picture loading deal here but why should it be that diffcult? Since I have been here everybody loves the froum EXCEPT for the picture deal.

I realize that this doesn't answer exactly what you asked but to get a better feel for it re-visit the instructions and the steps involved and look at it from the end user and importantly as we grow a newbie point of view. The fewer and simpler the steps the more it will encourage people to post.

jim

Old 02-25-2011, 03:44 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by hellfirejim
i The fewer and simpler the steps the more it will encourage people to post.

jim
Since you are a paid member, you should only have to click the Manage Attachments button in Advanced Reply mode, select the pictures, and click Upload. (if it were working) Very simple. The other instructions were for a non-member.

Quick Reply: photo/attachment upload