Notices
'80-'86 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Calculators, specififications, automotive terms and acronyms.

FAQ - Heater HVAC Air Conditioning vent door problems

Old 08-26-2017, 10:38 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
I get a blank white page when I go there, Gary,

What I was envisioning was the blown-up diagrams of the dash-side HVAC stuff, I think this is in the Heater section.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:58 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
I see what you mean. It makes a difference what device you are using. I should have said go to the web site (???Gary's Garagemahal - Bullnose Forum), hover over HVAC if you are using a computer, or click on HVAC if you are using a mobile device, and then click on Intergral AC. That gets you the illustrations as well as part numbers and pictures of the actual parts. Hope that is what is needed.

I should have the HVAC page as non-clickable. I'll work on that.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:03 AM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Yeah... hvac.html renders as a white page and has problems, but integral-ac.html (the stuff with the tabs) seems to work OK, at least from what I have seen.

Today is a big deal out at Bandimere, my sister has already clinched 2nd place for the season in the stickshift class (last weekend) and could very well win first place, I understand today determines what happens here... we shall see what kinds of videos I'm able to put up today and where, today could be fun.

Sorry for the off-topic chat, Pete, we're not ignoring you.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:51 PM
PetesPonies
Senior User
PetesPonies is starting off with a positive reputation.
If it picture services that are the problem, use one that still works. PictureTrail.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
I don't have any picture service problem. I have my own web site and host my pictures there: ???Gary's Garagemahal - Bullnose Forum. I pay for it so there won't be a problem of my pics going away. Nor will my web pages go away - all 375 pages of Bullnose documentation.

Any other picture hosting service is likely to require money at some point, or go out of business.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:58 PM
PetesPonies
Senior User
I have been with Picturetrail for . . .ever I thought I was understanding that some pictures were missing and I thought it was from a service that hosts. So do you have a pic of what the stock non-AC plenum looks like? As opposed to the add-on for dealer AC ?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:16 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Two different things. Pictures are missing from FTE as they've been linked to on various picture hosts, which either went out of business or started charging for their services.

I gave up trying to document things on FTE long ago, and started my own site. The pictures are hosted directly on that site, so there's no other service to go out of business or require money to let the links be serviced. There is no charge for using my site, either the forum or the documentation, and there are no advertisements.

The vast majority of my site is cut from Ford's master parts catalog to ensure that only the F & U series truck info is shown, and that doesn't truly have pictures, just illustrations. So, would an illustration of the stock non-AC setup suffice instead of pictures?

Old 08-28-2017, 10:17 PM
PetesPonies
Senior User
Perhaps. I'm ignorant of these trucks, having just recently decided they were something I wanted I have a few bumps and a dent. So it is just unchartered waters. I have a glove box door, but no box insert. I can't see how one would fit considering the placement of the plenum. I searched and found an odd shaped box, so perhaps with it, it does work.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:55 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Ok, go to the web site (???Gary's Garagemahal - Bullnose Forum), hover over the HVAC link, and click on Heaters. That's the best I can do as I've never had access to a truck w/o A/C, so I have no pictures of them.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 PM
ctubutis
The glove box insert, there were 2-3 styles used, they all do the same thing and are just different sizes depending on what stuff is back there. Some were cardboard and some were plastic.

I had pictures of this stuff at one time, they might still be there in the FAQ/subforums.

Or not.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Youngblood92
New User
Youngblood92 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Anafiel View Post
Found the problem.

Took the heater core cover off, and looked into the passages to the left. I worked the heat selector lever, and saw that the selector door opened and closed just fine. What I also noticed was another tin door that seemed to be all wonked out...the one that seems to divert to the dash vents.

Sure enough, I worked the vacuum switch that selects vent/floor/defrost. When selected to vent, the vacuum motor pushes the door and diverts the hot air forward to the vents. But when selecting floor or defrost, the vacuum motor tries to pull the door forward, and at that point the door kicks out and get's jammed up all wonkey like.

Can this be fixed? (easily, without taking the whole cab apart???)
On your broken mode door hinge. I had the same issue on my 86. Vacuum actuator works fine but the door would ****-eye and stick crooked. Being i couldn't find a new door i made a hinge from a 6inx6in piece of inner tube and a couple self tapping screws with big washers. Works great now.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:58 AM
racer187x
New User
racer187x is starting off with a positive reputation.
Post removed, started my own thread