Sponsored by: DP Tuner

lots of water in fuel

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
apeman426
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lots of water in fuel

I have a 2000 F250 that I filled up at sketchy place. I got it home fine but the next it ran only a few minutes before it stalled out in cloud of smoke. The light was not on but drained the fuel filter and it was all water. Tried starting it againwith no luck. Pulled the filter and that was all water. Drained again cranked it over some more and was still getting water. Now I know I have drain the tank and start with fresh fuel and filter. Is there any chance that I dmamged the injectors or got too much water in the cylinder to do damage? I cranked it over quite a bit. Thanks for the help

Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
riverrat41
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would get that waterized fuel out of the tank.Fill with good fuel and some DK and maybe some 2-cycle oil.Change the fuel filter as you mention and clean the bowl.You might want to poor some tranny fluid in that fuel bowl as well and then cycle the key several times.Fire it up and see how it acts.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Pull the end plugs from the fuel rail at the opposite end of the cylinder head from where the steel lines are attached.
Most likely the fuel rails are filled with water too, along with the injectors.
Once you have the tank cleared out and good clean fuel in there, turn on the key and let the pump run until only fuel runs out of those rails.
Re-install the plugs and attempt to start.
It will take some cranking to clear the water from the injector nozzles, but if the water didn't contain any solid matter, it should in theory, simply pass through the injectors as the new fuel is being introduced.