Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

wheels dont fit fender opening

Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
Adding those to figures together less the lip you must have a 7.5 inch wheel. I think a six inch wheel with zero offset, a 215/75 instead of 225/75, or possibly raising the front end a little would solve your problem.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Old F1
Posting Guru
Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods View Post
raising the front end a little would solve your problem.
I had an “other make” subframe transplant with the same problems and fixed it by lifting the front end a little with rubber coil spring spacer blocks.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
60 inch width is a bit too wide for this truck...recommended width is 58 inches. You can compensate with more backspace on your wheels, narrower rims, smaller tires, etc as has been suggested already. You can also use shorter a-arms to bring the spindles in closer to where they are supposed to be. That's the beauty of a MII IFS...there are many options available in the aftermarket so you don't have to work around some of the historical issues with OEM IFSs.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:18 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
so as Charlie mentions, I think you should measure based on the form I posted, and then decide what to do about where you are vs where you need to be.

Sam

Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
agronomistont
Junior User
agronomistont is starting off with a positive reputation.
talked to tire guy today who is going to come have a look should be able to make somthing work out fine. The mustangII ifs is the one that heidts recommended for this truck but i guess i can swap the control arms for some that are 5/8 inch shorter. I would like to put smootie rims with 2.5 - 3" whitewalls on , those anyone have this combination out there. Also in order to get the clearance i needed i tighted up the crossovers so now they are not parellel to floor from side to side they are up about 1' next to tires is this going to give me more greif

Old 02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
51phil
Senior User
51phil is starting off with a positive reputation.
tire/wheel clearance

Iam not running a MII front end but a dropped axel and mono leaf reveresed springs (total of 8 inch drop). I have to check on the tire size but I know the rim is a ford F150 stock late model 15x6.5. This set up has the tire tucked up in the fender but i am still able to turn the wheel all the way in either direction. It clears by about 3/16 of an inch. Here is a link to my gallery so you can see some pics. 1951 Ford F1 4x2 - In progress F1

Old 02-23-2011, 08:23 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
Coker Tire will be your best bet for the whitewalls.