Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ford had it right at the start

Old 02-22-2011, 09:44 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.
I try an' drive my 54 a couple of times a week and with out a fuel gauge or speedo i know I am spending about 20 buck a week for sanity about 60 or 70 miles of travel works out to 15 or 16miles a gallon ...not bad for a truck with 5.3 gears..

Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
lvin4jc
Posting Guru
lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by kenjh View Post
we are here restoring rebuilding cars and truck that make sense our escape from a world we don't understand
You captured it very well with that statement, my feelings exactly.

I just bought my wife a 2004 Ford Explorer with our tax return and quite frankly it's great, all the bells and whistles available in 2004 and a very nice vehicle. But the little gov't safety things bug the living snot out of me. If you put it in neutral and rev it the engine is limited to 3,500 rpm, you don't have complete control of it. Once you start the vehicle and put it in gear the seat belt light flashes and the dinger goes off every 30 seconds or so even if you have pulled into a gas station and are filling it up (in park). But I was happy to see that you actually do have some control of when the headlights come on/turn off which was something a lot of vehicles lost years ago. I guess i'm not quite ready to conform to the norm yet.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:11 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
ok been waiting all week...I know monkey face is the truck ....but what the heck is a monkey plate ??"if I don't know I ask"

Old 02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
iwanaflattie
Posting Guru
iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.
ok been waiting all week...I know monkey face is the truck ....but what the heck is a monkey plate ??"if I don't know I ask"
its the little dish that you get ranch or any dressings.

the last picture is just funny

Old 02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Corrupt Silence
Senior User
Corrupt Silence is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Fordman49F1 View Post
The music conversation is something different...as music labels could care less what the musician(s) can write...they just want talented musicians to produce what their writing staff believes will sell. Think about it...most good bands you know don't have a writing staff...it is their band and a few covers that are so well done you may not even know they are covers. Mainstream musicians today have at least 2 or 3 writers. Musicians are not the downfall of modern music, it is the record labels and they have been for decades. As a musician, what makes all of that worse is there is a (dying) music scene in almost every town with a few good bands, but nobody comes out to support. You want to hear some good tunes, get out to the bar on Saturday night and enjoy the local flavor.
A-Flipping-Men brotha!!! I was in a local band for several years. Quit doing gigs about 3 years ago. Over the last 10 years (and probably even longer, but I'm only 30 lol) crowds have gotten smaller and smaller, support has dried up and scenes have fallen apart. We have a great music scene here in Reno, but it's 1/2 of what it was when I started playing shows...

Anyway, back to the thread at hand.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:11 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
so it's one of them souther'n thing's like prairie oysters....

Old 02-26-2011, 12:37 PM
iwanaflattie
Posting Guru
iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.
no i dont think so.its just a small plate but people called monkey dishes.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:47 PM
lvin4jc
Posting Guru
lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lvin4jc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
so it's one of them souther'n thing's like prairie oysters....
You think that's something, google what we've got up here, Rocky Mountain Oysters...

Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 AM
V8R
Junior User
V8R is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by gusbratz View Post
I would love it if they made a modern pickup truck that looked just like an F1. air condidioning, fuel injected v-6, quiet, 5 speed on the floor. unfortunenatley they do their homework and they know that a cheap ******* like me is never going to buy a new vehicle when i can get a 12 year old beater with under 100k miles for 2500 because it is all dented up. they market their vechicals to the masses. the average joe who is in debt up to his eyeballs is the guy to market to.
on a tangent country music. i like johnney cash, hank jr. why don't the record companies sign any talent like that? same reason they won't build me an f-1. because i just turn on the radio. I cant remember the last time i actually bough an album.(actually my wife picked me up a hank jr vinal at goodwill for 5 cents last week but that dosent count) they kids that buy the cd's though... that is who they are interestd in marketing too. so i have to suffer listeng to rascal flats and taylor swift. and no automobile company in the world currently makes a new truck i would buy.
I love this thread! When I decided to build my F1 I wanted it to resemble what an F1 would be if Ford built it today: a modern flathead, automatic with overdrive, power steering, IFS, power brakes, A/C etc....

Old 02-27-2011, 12:50 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
automatic???power steering???...power brakes...you ganna build a nissan??

Old 02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
homade
Posting Guru
homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think in our own right that each one of us is building a retro that Henry would be proud of. When Henry built these trucks they were for work ONLY and look at them now, no trailer queens for me because I do enjoy driving the snot out of HOMADE and knowing that it will take it and is a safe truck to drive and T MATER might not look like much but is also very road worthy and we are building them ourselves, having fun,and living the dream--------BUILD ON GUYS---------

Old 02-27-2011, 04:54 PM
V8R
Junior User
V8R is starting off with a positive reputation.
automatic???power steering???...power brakes...you ganna build a nissan??
I'm luck that I have one pure stock F1 and one darkside. While they are vastly different I enjoy then equally.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:01 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
next thing someone is gonna have G P S..an' remote start...yah ..I'm just jealous ..