Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What do you think of this deal? 53 f100 UPDATED with PICS

Old 02-19-2011, 11:15 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Ya I know yer right Ken.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:16 AM
nutn2dp
New User
nutn2dp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the input. I see it both ways, left origional, or have a great starting point. Options arent something that come easy in HI, so I have always looked local. I suppose looking west coat isnt out of the question. I'll agree 10K is a bit much, if I dont do it someone will.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.
I went on craig's list and found several trucks with no drive lines for less then 1500 with good to great bodys some runners for 2500 with chev or ford small blocks .you can do a lot for 8 grand and get to drive it while you decide what you want to do..good luck and welcome to a great place to learn...

Old 02-20-2011, 09:31 AM
$Bruiser$
Junior User
$Bruiser$ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by nutn2dp View Post
I just got back from looking at the truck. It is very straight with VERY little rust. There are a few dings, but over all very good. Its a nice barn find.

I was told that the flathead was rebuilt in late 70's and has about 2700 miles on the rebuild. IT fired on the first try. The paint, I'm told, has been redone at some point. Origionally black, now green. The magnent didnt detect any bondo. The bed appears to have a sheet of metal laid over the wood, but I couldnt tell if it was welded. From underneath, you could see the rotting wood. The interior is in very good shape. My dream is to do a resto/mod, IFS, something out back, slight drop, 302 w/2bbl.

Here are the pics, keep in mind he states $10K, not a penny less.

F100 - a set on Flickr

I agree with the others on here, To good of a truck to resto/mod and way to overpriced. I bought my truck last year, which was already moded, it was done 15/20 years ago and needed a little work but I paid 10grand for it just as you see it in the pictures in my album.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Hey Nut? Don't get the wrong impression of us here. We may not like to see a good near stock truck molested. But know that what ever you decide to do we will be here to help in any way we can. If that's the truck ya want than go for it. We have all done some molesting and will be more than happy to help you molest yours.