Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift kits with blocks on F350

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:01 PM
mdula
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift kits with blocks on F350

So I got my 37's wheels and tires. Im looking a the skyjacker 6" kit. I was surprised to see they make a kit with blocks since my 350 already has the 4" factory block on it. How does that work? Does the 6" kit come with a 2" block to stack??

Im not a fan of stacking blocks...

Old 02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Turx
Senior User
Honestly, I'd pass on the blocks and go with a spring lift. It'll cost more but you will be happy in the long run you went that way. Blocks on blocks isn't good, even though many do it, it's not the best option.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Newcomer
Elder User
^^^^^ What he said

Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 PM
mdula
Elder User
I totally agree turx, like I said Im not a fan of stacking blocks either, and I'll stay away from it. I was just curious how it was done, and done safely enough to sell to the public, if it was an additional block to go on our stock block or a new 6" block.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
94BigRed
Senior User
I'm a personal fan of the shackle flip. it won't stiffen up the ride and costs all of $16 to lift the rear.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 PM
cj06
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is another idea that works well to eliminate the blocks or close to it !

Ford Rear Shackle Flip Kit - Sky's Off-road Design

Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
mdula
Elder User
Originally Posted by 94BigRed
I'm a personal fan of the shackle flip. it won't stiffen up the ride and costs all of $16 to lift the rear.
Well, I dont like the way it pushes the axle forward....

My eyes are bleeding from trying to find the right way to lift this truck!! Ive been looking at the 6" full skyjacker kit. But I want the 3" RSK for a better ride, but it wont be high enough, so I was told (from 4wheelparts) to use an add-a-leaf along with the 3" rsk to get it up 5"

What I dont want is to look like im "barely" clearing the tires. BTW my front stock springs are sagging a bit.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:43 PM
mdula
Elder User
Originally Posted by cj06
here is another idea that works well to eliminate the blocks or close to it !

Ford Rear Shackle Flip Kit - Sky's Off-road Design
I might consider the reverse flip kit. I wish I could find pics of a f350 with a combo 3" rsk and springs to get that perfect stance for 37's

Old 02-17-2011, 10:01 PM
cj06
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you thought about dropping the front spring hanger down about 4"-6" and then using the shackle flip or dropping the rears down as well and then you would eliminate all blocks in the rear ? it would take some fab work but might be best in the end !

Old 02-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Newcomer
Elder User
I lifted my truck via a reverse shackle kit in the front which I built, I built it to give me 4" of lift, then I combined that with 4" lift springs that I already had but I removed the two bottom leafs which made the springs more like 2.5-3" lift springs. Then in the back I used the Sky shackle flip kit and a 3" add a lear. The shackle flip in the rear did move my axle forward exactly 2", so I cut the spring hangers off the frame and moved them back 2" to get the rear axle back in place. So I have what I would say is 7" of lift. I will try to take a pic of the side of it today to show you its stance....

Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 AM
mdula
Elder User
Originally Posted by Newcomer
I lifted my truck via a reverse shackle kit in the front which I built, I built it to give me 4" of lift, then I combined that with 4" lift springs that I already had but I removed the two bottom leafs which made the springs more like 2.5-3" lift springs. Then in the back I used the Sky shackle flip kit and a 3" add a lear. The shackle flip in the rear did move my axle forward exactly 2", so I cut the spring hangers off the frame and moved them back 2" to get the rear axle back in place. So I have what I would say is 7" of lift. I will try to take a pic of the side of it today to show you its stance....
That would really help, Im having issues trying to get what I what without spending an arm and leg.

I've seen your thread on making your own, and I may try that, I have all the tools except for something I can cut thick plate with.

You dont hear much about add-a-leafs. Im thinking if I get two inches out of it and use the 3" rsk, 5" should be good for the 37's ?????

What about a 5" sky rsk?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Newcomer
Elder User
Originally Posted by mdula
That would really help, Im having issues trying to get what I what without spending an arm and leg.

I've seen your thread on making your own, and I may try that, I have all the tools except for something I can cut thick plate with.

You dont hear much about add-a-leafs. Im thinking if I get two inches out of it and use the 3" rsk, 5" should be good for the 37's ?????

What about a 5" sky rsk?

Here is the newest pic from today, if you saw my other thread then you may have seen a pic almost identical to this one. Only difference is the truck is 2" lower in this pic and the axle is moved back. The tires are 38"s but they dont measure that tall. More like 36.5" with a tape measure.

Also, I dont see what would be wrong with the 5" RSK kit, it not only will give you the lift but the truck drives better with the swing shackles at the back. 5" should be enough for 37"s if you want them to fill up the wheel wells.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:05 AM
mdula
Elder User
Man, that looks perfect. I dont want to fill up the wheel well, I want it to look right. And your lift looks spot on to me. Awesome truck.

Now im almost certain the 3" and add-a-leaf wouldnt be enough.

I think I'll order the 5" kit. Put it on, see how it looks, and if I want a little more then add-a-leaf. That will also correct for my springs sagging a bit.

So your rear RSK, was moved back 2" from the spot the directions say to put it right?

Old 02-19-2011, 09:13 AM
mdula
Elder User
Also, my hummer tires measure at 36" as well. But they are not mounted and aired up yet.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Newcomer
Elder User
Originally Posted by mdula
Man, that looks perfect. I dont want to fill up the wheel well, I want it to look right. And your lift looks spot on to me. Awesome truck.

Now im almost certain the 3" and add-a-leaf wouldnt be enough.

I think I'll order the 5" kit. Put it on, see how it looks, and if I want a little more then add-a-leaf. That will also correct for my springs sagging a bit.

So your rear RSK, was moved back 2" from the spot the directions say to put it right?

Thanks... and to answer your question about the rear shackle flip, the answer is no. I put the rear flip hanger where it was supposed to go on the frame for the rear of the rear spring. Then I cut the front hangers for the rear spings off and moved them back 2". This moved the axle back and made the swing shackles at the back at a better functioning angle.

Quick Reply: Lift kits with blocks on F350