1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

@##%$&^$^* people sit on my fenders

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
iwanaflattie.....I used to have respect for you.
Is that the sister that Larry the Cable Guy is always talking about?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:20 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
i am assuming she is the sister...or should we call her,it....IT is the sister of larry the cable guy...
i love military vehicles, but people see old cars and trucks and they think that they can do whatever they please because they think that the metal is very thick...i wish i saw that guy with his tahoe and 14 kids on his hood.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
.......Later, in the parking lot, we saw what was probably a 14-15 yo kid standing on the hood of a black Tahoe. The owner of the CCKW was taking his picture while the guy who's kids had been on his truck was yelling obscenities. I found it satisfying.
Paybacks are a b****h! Very appropriate!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:56 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
Or is it iwannafattie !!!!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
black58
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider
Or is it iwannafattie !!!!
Can we stop reposting that pic? I can't scroll my mouse fast enough to avoid it.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Ross, where did you find that pic? I want it for my wallpaper!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by black58
Can we stop reposting that pic? I can't scroll my mouse fast enough to avoid it.
Hurts my eyes!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
So after i brought my rusty baby home last year,I noticed the front fenders being a little "soft".I mean when i leaned over them to look at the engine, I noticed that they dented easily.I personally have been very careful not to even do it,but when family or friends lean over my fenders, i hear that dreaded ''clunk'' noise and i feel like someone is chewing on my nuts.
I made a sign that reads: Truck is not for sale
Truck is not a rat rod
I am not going to paint it,stop asking
Please ask before parking your fat a$$ on my fenders.
I placed the sign over my window to keep people away from the fenders.I dont mind them leaning on the front end or the tail gate.I even tell them to sit inside to take a picture,but tonight there was this short,annoying, 30 year old woman in a pre-teenage body who acted like one, she ignored my sign and sat on my fenders...how do you guys deal with this idiotic people? how to make a device that Shocks the crap out of them for doing crap like that..
I could not imagine you guys dealing with aholes like that.You guys that have restos or show quality trucks...
That's when I would walk up to the Git & State;
Excuse me. Do you have the ability to comprehend the Written English Language? Ah, good. Then WHY Did You Ignore the Sign About Not Sitting On the Trucks Fenders Then? If you'd be so kind, Bloody Well get the Hell Off of My Truck! You Git! Thank'ee kindly.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by AXracer
Ross, where did you find that pic? I want it for my wallpaper!
They sell the posters on eBay

Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Never had a problem with the truck, but I have come out of Wal-Mart and caught folks letting their kids sit on my Harley Wouldn't surprise me if it fell on one of them and broke a leg they'd probably sue ME! People have no respect for the property of others.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

I have so much respect for harleys.I never get too close but i enjoy watching them...my 2 year old kids knows not to mess with other peoples rides,I hope he does the same as he grows up.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Never had a problem with the truck, but I have come out of Wal-Mart and caught folks letting their kids sit on my Harley Wouldn't surprise me if it fell on one of them and broke a leg they'd probably sue ME! People have no respect for the property of others.
I have heard of bikers getting sued because a kid ran up and touched their hot engine... I guess you are supposed to stick around until it completely cools, or put a sign on it???

Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 PM
lvin4jc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Never had a problem with the truck, but I have come out of Wal-Mart and caught folks letting their kids sit on my Harley
What!?! That's ridiculous. People are just not too bright sometimes, but that one surprises me.

The most i've ever had people touching my vehicle is when I bedlinered the entire outside of my suburban, people were always petting it when I came out of a store, but it was bedliner so it wasn't a problem.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:00 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank's for the giggles ..I gave up on nice paint after getting my 87 ford crew cab painted a few years ago .I got to enjoy new paint for 3 weeks ,she got hit in a parking lot by a old guy in a camper ..caved on the rear quarter panel ...and drove away my insurance company said the truck wasn't worth repairing.....my wife's 65 T-Bird was 4 day's befor the new paint was scratched ..my new-to- me -truck ..has moss and house paint ..I think if they wanna lean on her their gonna need a tetanus shot !! I enjoy my 54 an' I ain't gonna worry about paint or dent's anymore

Old 02-17-2011, 12:06 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

when my gf got her brand new car back in 2006,she picked me up right after she got it and I could smell the new car interior. The smell of new cheap plastic.The factory paint was really shiny like you would expect.
She drove me around a little bit before going to her moms house.When we arrived at her mom's ,my gf's little fat,wienner dog came running out of the house and jumped up and down on the door scratching the new paint.Even tho its a toyota I felt really bad(for the paint).I felt like someone was scratching my face.My gf got out of her car hugged her fat dog and walked inside...my jaw just dropped.

Quick Reply: @##%$&^$^* people sit on my fenders