Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

how not to start an evening

Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
It's not the kids fault. IT'S THE PARENTS! I just bought a shop at the old radar base where I live. The place has been closed since 1972 and nothing has happened till last summer. Four kids went in there and broke out over 1,000 windows! They cought them and guess what? The parents were on welfare, dead broke, drug addicts, so no pay-back from them.........At least the damn kids went to "jail" for 6 months and will be on probation until 21! Now all the old windows are boarded up and the place looks like crap.

Their lucky they didn't do their deed at my farm, we have a bunch of abandoned old wells around here....................

Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
Before I bought my 48 F-3 someone had used it for target practice. It must have been a high powered BB gun or pellet gun. They shot out every piece of glass in it which I had to replace and put a lot of dents in the cab that I had to fix...

Old 02-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Marty Smilt
Senior User
Marty Smilt is starting off with a positive reputation.
I guess I have to re group and go on, I bought this truck cause I wanted to drive it as is for a while so I could get the flavor of the truck b-4 I went to the darkside. I thought it was in fairly good condition for an original 60 year old truck in Wisconsin. Now I have to fix up the cab b-4 the motor can go in. I have a 351 Cleveland with lots of power adders attached 575 HP on dyno more than anyone needs for an old truck. I was gonna run it on my stand , change cam to something a bit milder, back off on the compression a bit and run it. (Change the heads from closed chamber 4v dot heads to the open chamber 2v's). If you look closely at the photo you can see the flat 6 has fresh stuff on it as I unstuck the valves and rings. I also rebuilt the carb & water pump. I got an alternator for the engine so's I could upgrade to 12 volts for the summer. Now I have to re do the cab's glass might as well tear it down and rebuild everything. Frame off with IFS 9' and all the other crap. I have been accumulating parts so I have everything in the pile just gotta spend cash when I was trying to build the whole thing in scrounge mode.

Last edited by Marty Smilt; 02-13-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: photo in wrong place
Old 02-13-2011, 02:57 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
hellfirejim is starting off with a positive reputation.
All I can do is wish you the best. Keep us up to date on the progress.
jim

Old 02-13-2011, 06:53 PM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to behold
Man that sucks! I'd want to beat someone if that happened to my truck ( if mine had any glass! ) .

I just never understood what makes someone think they have the right to damage property they don't own.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
In '81 flat towed the then 1ST_RIDE to Fla. from Wis.Dropped it of at a body shop that painted a custom van I had back in the day in a town 2 hrs. away . The same guy who painted the van said the pickup was next 3 yrs later he informed me some one " swiped " the 4 sp. NASCAR top loader trans , the 428 CJ heads and intake plus the brand new tailgate . Within the next week I was on the road and towed it back home . He did not do anything to it in 3 yrs. but charged me $600.00 storage . OK , was for the better since I now could work on it .

The more I thought about how he treated me & the truck the more pi$$ed off I got .One rainy night was prime time for a recon mission .Let's say it was how my T-roadster project got started .

He is no longer sucking air . Cancer got him at a relatively young age .Karma ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.