1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

my new 87 E350 diesel... a few things

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my new 87 E350 diesel... a few things

i recently bought an 87 E350 diesel cargo van, and there are a few concerns i would like to talk about.
first, the sliding door has trouble staying on track. when i bought it, the nylon bushing on the rear slider was pretty well destroyed, so i replaced it with one from the junkyard. with the replacement, it would only occasionally get off track. until today when that bushing/block broke again. my local parts store is having trouble finding one. is this a stealership-only item, or is there an easy way to find it?

next, i've been thinking about what seats i'd like to replace mine with. mine are original and pretty well hammered. i would like to find something with a high back that offers good support, as is found in many newer vans. also, i would like to have a swivel option such as those found in conversion vans, giving me the option of swiveling to a desk behind the seat or whatever. any suggestions as to the "perfect" seat?

thanks in advance for all your help

Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 PM
IDIDieselJohn
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want good swivel seats, go find a junk yard with motorhomes in it.

Motorhomes got the best swivel chairs you can ask for! Arm rests, high back, super comfort!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats definately worth looking at - i'm not sure if i have any motorhome junkyards around here, but i will take a look. if not, i'll likely take a good seat out of something like a dodge caravan and attach it to a swivel from something else and play that game